Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Mrweepa

Fired 12 Years Ago From NYCT Bus

I was fired by an arbitrator 12 years ago for what they claimed I drew a picture in the operator area of the bus.  This was not true.  They said a hand writing expert proved it was me. They never produced any whiteness. At the time I was going  through a lot of personal problems.  I going through a divorce.  I should have hired a lawyer. I don't trust the MTA  The super intendents were on a witch hunt for alot of operators after we went o strike.  My question is would they hire me since I'm on 2 lists for bus operator??

7 hours ago, Mrweepa said:

I was fired by an arbitrator 12 years ago for what they claimed I drew a picture in the operator area of the bus.  This was not true.  They said a hand writing expert proved it was me. They never produced any whiteness. At the time I was going  through a lot of personal problems.  I going through a divorce.  I should have hired a lawyer. I don't trust the MTA  The superintendents were on a witch hunt for alot of operators after we went o strike.  My question is would they hire me since I'm on 2 lists for bus operator??

First, welcome to the site!

Second, my initial answer is no. However, with what we have seen within this country within the past calendar year, if you do not get hired, since the agency requires you to disclose your prior work history from the time you graduated high school, I would encourage you to write to the "higher ups," such as Governor Cuomo, to see what could be done in regards to your case. Even if you sound off to the "higher ups," I don't think the agency would be interested in hiring you. Just like how they came up with a "fake" reason for firing you 12 years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if they produce another "fake" reason this time around, especially if it's the "1-in-3" rule, which they love to use (trust me). After all, from what I've experienced just with NYC Transit's HR Department, I learned the hard way that these folks work for the "City," in which they "don't work too hard" on a regular basis.

Good luck. I know it's hard to stay positive, especially with what happened to you 12 years ago, however, from what I'm going through, it's really amazing as far as how these folks can "lie" and get away without getting caught or anything to that nature.

8 hours ago, +Young+ said:

First, welcome to the site!

Second, my initial answer is no. However, with what we have seen within this country within the past calendar year, if you do not get hired, since the agency requires you to disclose your prior work history from the time you graduated high school, I would encourage you to write to the "higher ups," such as Governor Cuomo, to see what could be done in regards to your case. Even if you sound off to the "higher ups," I don't think the agency would be interested in hiring you. Just like how they came up with a "fake" reason for firing you 12 years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if they produce another "fake" reason this time around, especially if it's the "1-in-3" rule, which they love to use (trust me). After all, from what I've experienced just with NYC Transit's HR Department, I learned the hard way that these folks work for the "City," in which they "don't work too hard" on a regular basis.

Good luck. I know it's hard to stay positive, especially with what happened to you 12 years ago, however, from what I'm going through, it's really amazing as far as how these folks can "lie" and get away without getting caught or anything to that nature.

I dont mean to interrupt this conversation, but I've been hearing a lot of similar stories as to how people who are suppose to be there to help you instead screw you over and make up excuses to get you fired, especially within (MTA). I thought it was bad, but not this bad! Why can they continue to get away with such a behavior??

@MrweepaThis story sounds very suspect. Drivers have had much more serious things happen like accidents and have still kept their job.  Why would they fire you for drawing a picture on a bus?   Furthermore, why didn't you get any advice from the union?

29 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

This story sounds very suspect... Furthermore, why didn't you get any advice from the union?

Union? What union? TWU? (If you look watch the majority of these videos, you'll see where I'm coming from, especially since some of the titles consist of "The MTA Plan to Get Rid of Station Agents," "The Dog & Pony Show Starring The MTA & TWU Local 100," "MTA Lying To Control The Narrative," etc.)

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

Just now, +Young+ said:

Union? What union? TWU? (If you look watch the majority of these videos, you'll see where I'm coming from, especially since some of the titles consist of "The MTA Plan to Get Rid of Station Agents," "The Dog & Pony Show Starring The MTA & TWU Local 100," "MTA Lying To Control The Narrative," etc.)

Yeah, the union.... You know that union that they pay dues to that is supposed to be there for them when the **** hits the fan... I'm being sarcastic of course...

• Upvote 1

about being fired from NYCTA 12 years ago, i don't know if there's anything we can do about it...this is an unofficial forum site, that doesnt mean other workers arent here though, you just gonna have to find em.

@Mrweepa I know of other people who have been in your situation and they just ended up getting jobs with different agencies; there are other options besides the MTA.  Dealing with their jerkoffs from Human Resources is a road that leads nowhere.  Have you considered, Bee-Line, NICE, NJT, or one of the public transit agencies in CT?

28 minutes ago, R10 2952 said:

Dealing with their jerkoffs from Human Resources is a road that leads nowhere.

I agree 100%, especially after reading this, this and this post. That's why, for those that "follow" me, I encourage them and anyone else to send a formal letter to Governor Cuomo about this and anything else that goes on using the address that is at the bottom of this webpage, especially since the MTA is an Agency of the State of New York. And it's amazing how all of this can go on especially with what happened in our country not only within the past calendar year, but also with what happened last week in Washington, D.C., regardless if you're a Democrat, Republican, Independent, etc.

The one word that I think of is "sick," however that's just me.

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I agree 100%, especially after reading this, this and this post. That's why, for those that "follow" me, I encourage them and anyone else to send a formal letter to Governor Cuomo about this and anything else that goes on using the address that is at the bottom of this webpage, especially since the MTA is an Agency of the State of New York. And it's amazing how all of this can go on especially with what happened in our country not only within the past calendar year, but also with what happened last week in Washington, D.C., regardless if you're a Democrat, Republican, Independent, etc.

The one word that I think of is "sick," however that's just me.

In general, most Human Resources (formerly personnel) departments today exist primarily to protect the organization and its managers, never the employees.  Granted, there's levels to it- some places it's not as bad as others.  The worst I've ever seen is a situation where HR called all the shots, to the point that they de facto had more authority than the executive director of the damn organization...

I got out of there like Han Solo on the Millenium Falcon.

Edited by R10 2952

49 minutes ago, R10 2952 said:

In general, most Human Resources (formerly personnel) departments today exist primarily to protect the organization and its managers, never the employees.

My sincere apologies if I criticize you on this public forum, however, if what you said is true, then, if you read about this and this incident, even with the "ticket numbers" that the HR Department gave out to the applicants, they have a right "to protect the organization and its managers," by calling up whoever they want to call up first, and make the other people who are returning for a consecutive time, even with a low ticket number, to wait multiple hours to have the same paperwork looked over followed by taking a consecutive drug (urine) test when the first two came back "negative?"

I don't know about you, however the words "shocked" and "confused" come to my mind, especially since this is the "public" sector we are talking about and not the "private" sector.

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

My sincere apologies if I criticize you on this public forum, however, if what you said is true, then, if you read about this and this incident, even with the "ticket numbers" that the HR Department gave out to the applicants, they have a right "to protect the organization and its managers," by calling up whoever they want to call up first, and make the other people who are returning for a consecutive time, even with a low ticket number, to wait multiple hours to have the same paperwork looked over followed by taking a consecutive drug (urine) test when the first two came back "negative?"

I don't know about you, however the words "shocked" and "confused" come to my mind, especially since this is the "public" sector we are talking about and not the "private" sector.

I work in the public sector, worked in the non-profit sector as well.  It doesn't have to be a private-sector entity to have a shitty Human Resources department, believe me.

The message I was trying to convey earlier is that 99 percent of HR departments suck, are corrupt, and are staffed by people who are liars, unpleasant, stupid, or any combination of the three.  Honesty, integrity, fairness are not their trademark, and there's jack shit we as employees can do about it because labor laws in this country are written to favor the employer, not the worker.  Like healthcare, it's just another area where America is light-years behind Europe.

Edited by R10 2952
  • Upvote 1