If Orion V moved Across Town from Brooklyn to Queens

Micstromme

I do like the Orion Vs currently at the Jackie Gleason Depot, as do I enjoy the Orion VII CNGs, the New Flyers not So much. My question is what would happen if the Orion Vs (317, 581-610) moved across town and went to Grand Avenue Depot or perhaps Fresh Pond Depots, both located in Queens. But wait. In turn, this could allow for either depot to swap for these buses as they give up 31 of their hybrids (GA: either 6558-6589 or 6590-6621,whereas 6622-6624 remain no matter what or FP: 6490-6521 or 6522-6553, whereas 6554, 6555, 6556, and 6567 remain no matter what goes).

Now I don't expect this change to happen anytime soon (in fact I believe these Orion 5s will go to West Farms in the Bronx before anything else is allowed to happen. But I do think it would be interesting to see these buses on such routes as the B15 (who has been so close to these buses in the past with the current B8, B35, and retro B65) and B60 (most of with B15 minus the B65 and add retros B43, B61 and B48). These buses would also do great at the East New York Depot and they could give their superior hybrids over to Jackie Gleason Depot (I like the 6700s and 6800s the most of the hybrids).

Please feel free to comment.

Man it feels good to be back at home.

I do like the Orion Vs currently at the Jackie Gleason Depot, as do I enjoy the Orion VII CNGs, the New Flyers not So much. My question is what would happen if the Orion Vs (317, 581-610) moved across town and went to Grand Avenue Depot or perhaps Fresh Pond Depots, both located in Queens. But wait. In turn, this could allow for either depot to swap for these buses as they give up 31 of their hybrids (GA: either 6558-6589 or 6590-6621,whereas 6622-6624 remain no matter what or FP: 6490-6521 or 6522-6553, whereas 6554, 6555, 6556, and 6567 remain no matter what goes).

Now I don't expect this change to happen anytime soon (in fact I believe these Orion 5s will go to West Farms in the Bronx before anything else is allowed to happen. But I do think it would be interesting to see these buses on such routes as the B15 (who has been so close to these buses in the past with the current B8, B35, and retro B65) and B60 (most of with B15 minus the B65 and add retros B43, B61 and B48). These buses would also do great at the East New York Depot and they could give their superior hybrids over to Jackie Gleason Depot (I like the 6700s and 6800s the most of the hybrids).

The (MTA) might have to invest in equpping depots with CNG is this happnes. But I see this possible.

It would never happen because Jackie Gleason and West Farms are the only (MTA) NYC Bus depots that can fuel CNG buses. The (MTA) also wants to keep Gleason all CNG.

It would never happen because Jackie Gleason and West Farms are the only (MTA) NYC Bus depots that can fuel CNG buses. The (MTA) also wants to keep Gleason all CNG.

Correct. Any bus transfers (aside from WF Depot) would have to be made with selected depots within (MTA) Bus Company as they operate Orion V CNG units.

Archived