Who the Hell Wants NGs to Debut in Bklyn?

Micstromme

I'm sorry to say it so blunt, but this has been on my mind for about a while now. I want to know how many of you wish these new hybrid buses would arrive in the other boroughs beside Manhattan and Staten Island, specifically Brooklyn and the Bronx (Queens already has some for their MTA Bus Units)?

This is how I would want it to be: They can come and replace the RTS' at Fresh Pond and perhaps even Jackie Gleason. The other depots in Bklyn (GA and Fb specifically) should inherit the buses that Fresh Pond gives up (more of the 8800s and 9100s to arrive in South Brooklyn for the Flatbush Depot and the Grand Avenue can add to their collection of 87/8800s and 9154 currently there. But I digress. The New Hybrid Electrics MUST NOT REPLACE THE 1990/91 TMCs at Flatbush Depots or Grand Avenue Depots, unless absolutely necessary.

As always, do comment on this crap.

I honestly dont want those NGs to arrive in Quill, seeing how great those RTSs are. I would really hate to see them go just like that T___T

Yukon and KB will soon be getting 2-3 buses for training and such. The Bronx will be seeing them soon after 3840 arrives, for training :D

I'm sorry to say it so blunt, but this has been on my mind for about a while now. I want to know how many of you wish these new hybrid buses would arrive in the other boroughs beside Manhattan and Staten Island, specifically Brooklyn and the Bronx (Queens already has some for their MTA Bus Units)?

This is how I would want it to be: They can come and replace the RTS' at Fresh Pond and perhaps even Jackie Gleason. The other depots in Bklyn (GA and Fb specifically) should inherit the buses that Fresh Pond gives up (more of the 8800s and 9100s to arrive in South Brooklyn for the Flatbush Depot and the Grand Avenue can add to their collection of 87/8800s and 9154 currently there. But I digress. The New Hybrid Electrics MUST NOT REPLACE THE 1990/91 TMCs at Flatbush Depots or Grand Avenue Depots, unless absolutely necessary.

As always, do comment on this crap.

You forgot UPK but hybrids should replace some TMC RTS form Brooklyn including FLA and UPK. JG does not need extra buses-please hell no not JG, they get a touch of new for everything, but JG might get NG to replace Orion V CNG.

actually, Fresh Pond, Grand Av and East New York have hybrid orions.

While I cannot speak for anyone but myself here, I think that the point made there was that there are no hybrid electric activity in the Southern part of Brooklyn since JG, Fb, and UP do not hold storage for Hybrids. The closest thing would be the Orion VII CNGs which are almost identical to the 2005 Hybrids in NYC.

You forgot UPK but hybrids should replace some TMC RTS form Brooklyn including FLA and UPK. JG does not need extra buses-please hell no not JG, they get a touch of new for everything, but JG might get NG to replace Orion V CNG.

Orion VII CNG would be the only models to be sent to Jackie Gleason.

Let's all remember: JG is 100% CNG.

here at CP depot, we have nothing but CNG's....and they are killing me.....we need something else to drive......they replaced the recaro seats in alot of them with this back breaker called Liberty II seats......lot of drivers go out with back problems....I mean who the heck thought of changing the seats anyway......crazy. Give me a hybrid to drive.....quick to pull out......sit down or you will fall down!!

Just for starters, the Hybrid bus that is currently in Flatbush is a loaner from Castleton as a training bus. First for the mechanics to learn and then as a trainer for all operators. The first problem encountered was, it is too high for the building. It cannot be put on a lift. Second problem after speaking with several dispatchers, 1 GS and the mechanic foreman is that the new buses arriving at Flatbush is a done deal. It is going to slooooooooowly start to phase out all RTS buses to comply with environmental concerns. Within the next 5-10 years, ALL diesel buses will be relics waiting to be disassembled at Eastchester depot along with whatever is there now.

The greater concern is, training on the Hybrids and learning to pull away from the stops and not taking out a hydrant, shelters or, trees, anything else that we normally encounter. They have a 2 foot rear overhang so, you can't pull away as we normally do. The side mirrors are also lower so hitting someone while pulling into a stop is something to be aware of.

I trained on the original Hybrids at Zerega. The are alot faster on acceleration than anything we have been used to. Yes, even better than the best 5000's and 9600's we have now!!!!!!! We are not going to have to take off the retarder and put on the fast idle and turn off the A/C to build speed. If you relieve at Flatbush/Nostrand just ask any operator on the B11 how fast the Hybrids are. I for one are looking forward to getting new equipment. The newest bus we have now is 10 years old with an average of 300,000 miles on it!!!! I say bring 'em on!!!!!(MTA)

If you guys really want them, you can have them. I have a run that Castleton designates a Hybrib line. They are dying already. I did OT shifting recently and the Maint GS showed me the OS list. 13!!! new hybrids are OS for Interlock and suspension problems!!!! I'd rather a 6000 because I have already road called 3 hybrids for interlock problems. If they can solve the interlock issues, they may be alright. Right now they are not worth the $500,000 + price tag they paying.

Just for starters, the Hybrid bus that is currently in Flatbush is a loaner from Castleton as a training bus. First for the mechanics to learn and then as a trainer for all operators. The first problem encountered was, it is too high for the building. It cannot be put on a lift. Second problem after speaking with several dispatchers, 1 GS and the mechanic foreman is that the new buses arriving at Flatbush is a done deal. It is going to slooooooooowly start to phase out all RTS buses to comply with environmental concerns. Within the next 5-10 years, ALL diesel buses will be relics waiting to be disassembled at Eastchester depot along with whatever is there now.

The greater concern is, training on the Hybrids and learning to pull away from the stops and not taking out a hydrant, shelters or, trees, anything else that we normally encounter. They have a 2 foot rear overhang so, you can't pull away as we normally do. The side mirrors are also lower so hitting someone while pulling into a stop is something to be aware of.

I trained on the original Hybrids at Zerega. The are alot faster on acceleration than anything we have been used to. Yes, even better than the best 5000's and 9600's we have now!!!!!!! We are not going to have to take off the retarder and put on the fast idle and turn off the A/C to build speed. If you relieve at Flatbush/Nostrand just ask any operator on the B11 how fast the Hybrids are. I for one are looking forward to getting new equipment. The newest bus we have now is 10 years old with an average of 300,000 miles on it!!!! I say bring 'em on!!!!!(MTA)

The B11 have Orion VII CNG not Hybrids

Are they only going to run on the B2,B31 and B49? Aren't the intirors of the hybrids are too cramped for the B41, B44 and B46?

Archived