Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MTA Bus

Orion NG ON LIB

Guest MTA Bus

Long Isand Bus is testing a Orion NG.Can anybody get some photos please and more information.

Long Isand Bus is testing a Orion NG.Can anybody get some photos please and more information.

Not testing. LIB bought 100 Orion NG buses and #1700 has arrived on service on N27.

Not testing. LIB bought 100 Orion NG buses and #1700 has arrived on service on N27.

It is a test / pilot bus. 1700 is here for testing / training and if all goes well, we will see more buses by mid-december.

As for pictures and such, search around buschat

Edited by Cait Sith

It is a test / pilot bus. 1700 is here for testing / training and if all goes well, we will see more buses by mid-december.

As for pictures and such, search around buschat

Oh I guess I was wrong

To add: I really doubt that 1700 is a test bus. It may be here for 30 days, but I'm expecting that it will eventually return.

For instance, 3800 is back at Orion, but it is returning. I expect that this bus will go back to Orion and eventually return.

To add: I really doubt that 1700 is a test bus. It may be here for 30 days, but I'm expecting that it will eventually return.

For instance, 3800 is back at Orion, but it is returning. I expect that this bus will go back to Orion and eventually return.

1700 and 3800 were both "pilot" buses. Typically built in advance of a large order and sent to the customer to put into revenue service.

3800 came back to the factory to have all updates (Orion and NYCT driven changes). When updated, it will return to service.

1700 has not been determined if it will return to the factory or not for updates.