Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
User

April 4th Schedule Changes

Recommended Posts

https://www.nicebus.com/Passenger-Information/Winter2021

Quote

SERVICE UPDATES LISTED BELOW

Passenger travel has changed dramatically in the past 12 months due to the Covid-19 pandemic. As a result, we are continually monitoring ridership patterns and making adjustments to offer the most convenient service to as many customers as possible. 

We've made some adjustments to our Spring schedules that will provide faster and more frequent service. We are continuing the Stop Consolidation Plan to speed up your trip on the following routes: n4, n15, and n35. By eliminating seldom used stops along these routes, we can speed up trips upwards of 10 minutes. Additionally, we have changed the routing on the n27 and n15 between Hempstead and Roosevelt Field to better meet customer demand. By asking passengers to use the n16 and n35 between the Mall and Hempstead Transit Center, we are able to reduce overlapping service and optimize the network so that we can provide better service for riders systemwide. The n15 will now make rush-hour trips from Hempstead to Mineola via County Seat Drive. Please see details on these changes below. 

To ensure the health and safety of everyone on board our buses, masks are required at all times. 


Spring Highlights: 


• n1 trips serving Jamaica will bypass the Green Acres Mall and Valley Stream LIRR station due to low service demand. For service to the Mall or Railroad, please take an n1 trip that starts or stops at Hempstead/Elmont Road. Please note that we have added some am local trips Elmont trips to accommodate the Mall and Railroad 

• n4 to speed up trips; some stops have been eliminated in Queens both east and westbound. For local service in Queens, please use the Q85. 

• n4X, n6X, n22X trips remain suspended. n6 trips have been added to the local to help with social distancing.

• n15 service ends in Hempstead, except weekday rush-hours. During rush-hour, the n15 will continue to Mineola via County Seat Drive. There will be no service to/from the Mall; please use the n16 or n35. For stops along Clinton Road, please use the n35. In Rockville Center, the n15 will bypass the LIRR station and be rerouted to Merrick Road. 

• n16 frequency has been improved, now running every 30 minutes. Local trips will ONLY serve the east end of Nassau Community College (Life Science Building) and will not serve the College Store, Bradley Hall, or the Gates. The n16 will also be rerouted to serve former n27 stops on Oak Street. In Rockville Centre, buses will begin/end at the LIRR station and will NOT serve Park or Lincoln south of Merrick Road. 

• n16NCC and n16X trips remain suspended for 2nd semester.

• n20H will NOT make trips onto the LIU campus. To access the campus, please board/deboard on Northern Blvd.

• n20H/n21 schedules have been coordinated to provide trips every 15 minutes between Great Neck and Roslyn during the am/pm rush. 

• n23 we have added weekend am and pm trips to expand service. 

• n27 will no longer run between Hempstead Transit Center and Roosevelt Field. For service to the Mall or HTC, please use the n16 or n35. For trips to Social Service, please use a scheduled transfer to the n16. We have increased the frequency of trips between Roosevelt Field and Glen Cove to every 30 minutes during the am/pm rush in both directions. 

• n31/32 buses will now start and end at Beach 20th Street & Plainview Avenue. The Crest Rd & Seagirt Blvd stop will be eliminated.

Please note our new printable timetables have been streamlined to show key timepoints along the route. All buses will make all stops as usual unless otherwise noted. Timetables also include seating capacity projections based on historic ridership data. 

Also worth noting, they combined the n16/27 and n25/58 schedules:

https://www.nicebus.com/getattachment/Passenger-Information/Winter2021/n16-3-5-21.pdf.aspx

https://www.nicebus.com/getattachment/Passenger-Information/Winter2021/n25-3-5-21.pdf.aspx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, User said:

n1- I think NICE correctly realized that people from Elmont Rd/Hewlett don't really take NICE bus into Green Acre Mall. At least it doesn't warrant service every 15 minutes. I still think that service should be more than once every 70 or so minutes. This change would also make all Jamaica buses skip Valley Stream LIRR, another sign that RR to bus ridership is completely gone

n15- I think @B35 via Church  scenario finally came true in this instance. There will no longer be any n15 north of Hempstead, reducing waste and redundancy between Hempstead and RFM and along OCR. Apparently they choose to keep service along County Seat Rd during rush hours only to Mineola.

It seems like they increased the amount of n16 during the week to every 30 minutes, as well as an increase in n35 on the weekends. Overall, I think its an overall improvement, since riders south of Hempstead on the n35 and n16 just received an increase in service 

Furthermore service will now stop at Merrick Rd instead of LIRR RVC Station. 

n16 LOCAL will skip those stops, but maybe the n16X and n16NCC will serve those stops when they resume

n20H/n21- This is a service improvement. They finally combined both routes into the same timetable. Saturday service is now roughly every 20 minutes combined between Clock Tower and Great Neck. If I am not wrong, there are some cuts on the n20G which will roughly run every 15 minutes during the peak and every 30 minutes during off peak. Essentially it matches the frequency east of Great Neck. Slightly better east of Great Neck, still pretty bad compared to the service LIB provided

n23- I don't see any additional trips

n25/n58- It seems like these two routes are now interlined. At least they are now timed at Great Neck. In both directions too.

n16/27- It seems like service is timed at RF in both directions. I'm glad NICE is utilizing timed transfers. They seems to be the only agency on LI to do so. It could also mean that service level declined so much that it is now feasible to time transfers

This network will increase the focus of Hempstead transit Center

 

Finally, they still haven't add more n6 trips at night during the weekday which is absolutely ridiculous

 

Edited by Mtatransit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

n4 to speed up trips; some stops have been eliminated in Queens both east and westbound. For local service in Queens, please use the Q85

Ah, yes, the Q85 on Merrick Boulevard east of Baisley Boulevard.

Oh, wait, that's the Q5...

  • LMAO! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

n1- I think NICE correctly realized that people from Elmont Rd/Hewlett don't really take NICE bus into Green Acre Mall. At least it doesn't warrant service every 15 minutes. I still think that service should be more than once every 70 or so minutes. This change would also make all Jamaica buses skip Valley Stream LIRR, another sign that RR to bus ridership is completely gone

n15- I think @B35 via Church  scenario finally came true in this instance. There will no longer be any n15 north of Hempstead, reducing waste and redundancy between Hempstead and RFM and along OCR. Apparently they choose to keep service along County Seat Rd during rush hours only to Mineola.

It seems like they increased the amount of n16 during the week to every 30 minutes, as well as an increase in n35 on the weekends. Overall, I think its an overall improvement, since riders south of Hempstead on the n35 and n16 just received an increase in service 

Furthermore service will now stop at Merrick Rd instead of LIRR RVC Station. 

n16 LOCAL will skip those stops, but maybe the n16X and n16NCC will serve those stops when they resume

n20H/n21- This is a service improvement. They finally combined both routes into the same timetable. Saturday service is now roughly every 20 minutes combined between Clock Tower and Great Neck. If I am not wrong, there are some cuts on the n20G which will roughly run every 15 minutes during the peak and every 30 minutes during off peak. Essentially it matches the frequency east of Great Neck. Slightly better east of Great Neck, still pretty bad compared to the service LIB provided

n23- I don't see any additional trips

n25/n58- It seems like these two routes are now interlined. At least they are now timed at Great Neck. In both directions too.

n16/27- It seems like service is timed at RF in both directions. I'm glad NICE is utilizing timed transfers. They seems to be the only agency on LI to do so. It could also mean that service level declined so much that it is now feasible to time transfers

This network will increase the focus of Hempstead transit Center

 

Finally, they still haven't add more n6 trips at night during the weekday which is absolutely ridiculous

 

n15 buses are needed all time at Roosevelt Field Mall because it get high ridership and people on Long Beach don't want to change bus on Weekend at Hempstead and off-Peak. Skipping Rockville Centre Station is outrageous because people wait for n15 bus there all the time.

Also n16 doesn't run on Sunday and n27 doesn't run on weekend.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, FamousNYLover said:

n15 buses are needed all time at Roosevelt Field Mall because it get high ridership and people on Long Beach don't want to change bus on Weekend at Hempstead and off-Peak. Skipping Rockville Centre Station is outrageous because people wait for n15 bus there all the time.

Also n16 doesn't run on Sunday and n27 doesn't run on weekend.

n16 doesn't run on the weekend at all. That is why NICE raised the frequency on the n35 from every hour to every 30 minutes during the weekends.

People took the n15 because it was frequent. The ridership between Long Beach and even along Woodfield Rd all the way to RF is not as high to warrant a direct service, especially a duplicative one (both on Washington or Clinton Rd). Plus, passengers can still transfer to the n35/16 with a less than 15 minutes wait at HTC, What used to be bunched up n15/35 is now a consistent wait for the n35.

Trust me NO one wants to change buses at Hempstead, but the hub is there, and thats that

Skipping RVC LIRR is ridiculous. It does show the continuance in decline of train-bus connections. Perhaps NICE realized that no one really connect to the n15 from RVC but more connect from the n4 on Merrick? 

 

Edited by Mtatransit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They eliminated the n15 between Hempstead and Roosevelt Field, and basically boosted the full n16 to operate every 30 minutes while having n35 shuttles between Hempstead and Roosevelt Field on weekdays. How much are they even saving with that?

I do believe though, that the n16 should have received a service boost, regardless of the reasoning behind it. I do think that NICE should look into restoring + expanding Saturday service as well as adding Sunday service.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

They eliminated the n15 between Hempstead and Roosevelt Field, and basically boosted the full n16 to operate every 30 minutes while having n35 shuttles between Hempstead and Roosevelt Field on weekdays. How much are they even saving with that?

I doubt they are saving any money with this move. In fact they are spending more money with this move In my opinion this was a very customer friendly move. 

n15 was redundant between HTC and RF both on Clinton and along Washington/OCR with the n35/16/40/41. The schedules between n15 and n35 are not coordinated at all, so sometimes you will have a n15 leave HTC/RF 0-5 minutes before and after a n35 just left traveling along the same route. With those HTC-RF Shuttle, NICE is able to better balance out the schedule providing an more "consistent" headway (which under NICE is still not clockface) along Clinton Rd

In addition on weekend when the n15 runs every 20-30 minutes, the n35 will be boosted to every 30 minutes, essentially doubling the frequency on Sunday for the whole route, while keeping the same frequency on the n15 south of HTC. Its a win-win scenario.

 

Granted these routes were operated more frequently under MTA LIB and this is a merely a restoration of service formerly provided (except n35 on Sunday)

 

15 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I do believe though, that the n16 should have received a service boost, regardless of the reasoning behind it. I do think that NICE should look into restoring + expanding Saturday service as well as adding Sunday service.  

I don't know about this. n16 ridership south of HTC is pretty poor compared to the n15, or even n35. I don't think there would be enough demand to restore service at this time on weekend n16 trips

Edited by Mtatransit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

Skipping RVC LIRR is ridiculous. It does show the continuance in decline of train-bus connections. Perhaps NICE realized that no one really connect to the n15 from RVC but more connect from the n4 on Merrick? 

I mean it's not like it's running nowhere near that area. It's just that it's only stopping near the back of the station at Centre Avenue rather than running through South Station Plaza.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I mean it's not like it's running nowhere near that area. It's just that it's only stopping near the back of the station at Centre Avenue rather than running through South Station Plaza.

n16 bus doesn't run on sunday and n27 bus doesn't run on weekend, so n15 buses are needed at RFM. n16 used to run on sat.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FamousNYLover said:

n16 bus doesn't run on sunday and n27 bus doesn't run on weekend, so n15 buses are needed at RFM. n16 used to run on sat.

The n35 runs weekends down the same corridor.

In any case, it's Irrelevant because it is a completely different part of the route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, a nice (no pun intended) series of service changes from NICE. I wouldn't have expected this a few years back, so it goes to show you that they've clearly begun to find their niche.

However, I am surprised that they didn't eliminate the n15 routing via County Seat entirely. From my experience, that leg tends to more or less carry air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The page that listed out the changes are now removed from the NICE website. The link originally posted above now gives a 404 error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, User said:

The page that listed out the changes are now removed from the NICE website. The link originally posted above now gives a 404 error.

n15 buses are still needed at Roosevelt Field Mall because it not safe to change bus at Hempstead.

NICE Bus postponed schedule changes.

From Facebook/Twitter

Quote

 

#NICEALERT We have seen an uptick in ridership in the past 2 weeks. As a result, our April Service changes are being reworked. Stay tuned for updated Spring schedules which will go into effect early May.

EwTZ1GzXEAANUW5?format=jpg&name=900x900

 

 

Edited by FamousNYLover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, FamousNYLover said:

n15 buses are still needed at Roosevelt Field Mall because it not safe to change bus at Hempstead.

NICE Bus postponed schedule changes.

From Facebook/Twitter

 

It is safe to change buses at Hempstead, it's a silly reason to to keep N15 to RF because riders are supposedly scared to transfer buses at Hempstead Transit terminal. 

Edited by trainfan22
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

It is safe to change buses at Hempstead, it's a silly reason to to keep N15 to RF because riders are supposedly scared to transfer buses at Hempstead Transit terminal. 

It's safe for brave people, but not for all of them. 

People feels uncomfortable changing buses at Hempstead because of neighborhood is rundown.

One of transit advocate said they witness crime activity at Hempstead Transit Center during LIRR Main Line shut down.

Edited by FamousNYLover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But the people in Malvern on the n31/32 will still have to change at Hempstead, people from Hempstead Tpk east and west also needs to change at Hempstead as well, should their bus be extended to Roosevelt Field as well so they wouldn't need to change at Hempstead? My point is, you can't design a network just so people can AVOID a area. 

I never had a problem at HTC. It's safe enough for me, as there are always commuters transferring there. If NICE bus is putting more money in the system, I wish they would pour money into improving the frequency of the routes instead of restoring routes that are duplicative and wasteful.

5 hours ago, FamousNYLover said:

n15 buses are still needed at Roosevelt Field Mall because it not safe to change bus at Hempstead.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently NICE has put these changes on hold (which is why the links are now dead), but I'm not discarding or amending this post I already started last night, so be there as it may:

---------------------------------------

 

- I wouldn't stop there (doing away with direct service to LIRR Valley Stream & Green Acres during peak times) with the n1.... I would decrease the amt. of peak service running south of Merrick rd, to increase the amt. of peak service that'd terminate at Merrick/Central on top of it.... Something else I would do with the n1 in general/at this point is to do away with service to/from LIRR Gibson; may as well have buses taking Rockaway av. to Roosevelt av.... The whole n1 to Green Acres bit I would give it the Bx5 treatment; service to the mall during weekends only and THAT'S me being generous.... Nobody's really thinking about taking n1's there from points north; it is what it is & it's been what it's been for years, as far as that goes....

- The f*cking irony to eliminate stops in Queens on the n4, while having (temporarily, supposedly) done away with the n4x.... The real issue isn't the amt. of stops in Queens, the real issue is the fact that there are too many trips throughout the day running a] to/from Freeport, period & b] running locally to/from Freeport.... They were trigger happy with splitting the n24 at RFM & splitting the n22 at Mineola terminal due to runtime issues or whatever, but buses remain running locally b/w Freeport & Jamaica.... I'm not saying that to implicate the n4 be split (there's really no where within Nassau County you could pull that off anyway; there's no RFM or MIC equivalent along the n4), I'm pointing out the hypocrisy.... At minimum, there should be trips running no further east than RVC, over there by Long Beach or Oceanside rd.....

- Ever since the Brewer routes got articulated, the terminal/layover situation of the Q113/114 along Seagirt (just off B. 20th) in Far Rockaway is & has been a mess... When there are more than two artics at the last dropoff stop (which is often enough), Q113's/114's park in the right-most lane of WB traffic - as in, adjacent to the parking/curbside lane... I've personally seen 5 buses on layover (2 in the parking lane & 3 in the adjacent lane) the last time I took the full Q113 out there a couple mos. ago - and that was on a Saturday night, so I could only imagine how things are during the weekday rush.... Some of you may have seen more, IDK - but the point is, it is an issue.... But yeah, the SB n31/32 & WB Q22's hang that right turn off B. 20th to get to Seagirt & it can be quite a time waste with all the other traffic making that same turn around those buses (Q113's/114's) occupying the 2 right-most lanes on Seagirt at that corner.... Come to think of it, the last time I took the full n31, the b/o parked in that right-most lane of traffic as well - albeit further down the block... Long story short, this n31/32 change would have buses avoiding all of that....

========================

I gotta separate these four changes.... I literally laughed out loud when I saw them...... The n15/n16/27/35 changes, not that I wasn't before, but I'm still convinced there are spies on this forum.... That said, there is zero reason to have n15's ending at Mineola terminal in any facet when the n40/41 already runs b/w HTC & Mineola.... There are more than enough n40/41 trips during the weekday rush that can be diverted along County Seat Dr. to serve those county offices.... With the construction going on at LIRR Mineola, I see some buses park along 4th av. now (left curbside/parking lane) - which is the street where all the buses leaving Mineola bus terminal empty onto.... I'm willing to bet that they're going to have these n15's drop folks off in the n23 lane (lane 3 I believe it is)....

As far people getting all into a tizzy about the n15 being packed leaving RFM, people aren't realizing or assessing why that is.... I mean honestly, there is not this dire need to maintain connecting the n15's portion south of Hempstead/HTC with the portion north of it.... The same people crowding onto n15's at RFM, large in part, are the same people tanking out at HTC, so people need to stop it.... Acting like there's little turnover at HTC on the n15 or some shit..... Speaking of needing to stop it, this nonsensical notion that service should be left alone as to not having to xfer at Attica... Dannemora... Rikers... Hempstead Transit Center (have some people tell it) to catch a bus to get to RFM, most certainly fits that bill....

They're a day late & a dollar short with increasing service on the n27; a lot of that ridership has been lost since they've decided to cut overall service (including all weekend service)..... What's going to happen is that buses will be less crowded with the increased service; n27 isn't bursting at the seams like it used to be... So the Glen Cove folks & those folks coming off n20H's at Northern better take advantage of this added n27 service while it lasts.... FWIW though, it does make sense to throw more service on the n16 than to have the n16 & the n27 running b/w HTC & RFM via 60 Charles Lindbergh (Social services bldg.) & dedicate more service on the n27 at & north of RFM..... Hate to put it this way, but the n16 from the south needs (to serve) HTC than the n27 needs HTC from the north..... One thing I'll say though is, having buses run via RFM to/from NCC on the n16 would've been interesting during pre-covid times.....

Lastly, I get that the demand for the n22 in Westbury is quite high, but I still believe NICE continues to underrate the demand for the n35 in Westbury... Most of that added service they're giving to the n35 should run to Westbury (meaning, those buses should run b/w Westbury & HTC... not just having buses running back & forth between RFM & HTC)....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Apparently NICE has put these changes on hold (which is why the links are now dead), but I'm not discarding or amending this post I already started last night, so be there as it may:

---------------------------------------

 

- I wouldn't stop there (doing away with direct service to LIRR Valley Stream & Green Acres during peak times) with the n1.... I would decrease the amt. of peak service running south of Merrick rd, to increase the amt. of peak service that'd terminate at Merrick/Central on top of it.... Something else I would do with the n1 in general/at this point is to do away with service to/from LIRR Gibson; may as well have buses taking Rockaway av. to Roosevelt av.... The whole n1 to Green Acres bit I would give it the Bx5 treatment; service to the mall during weekends only and THAT'S me being generous.... Nobody's really thinking about taking n1's there from points north; it is what it is & it's been what it's been for years, as far as that goes....

- The f*cking irony to eliminate stops in Queens on the n4, while having (temporarily, supposedly) done away with the n4x.... The real issue isn't the amt. of stops in Queens, the real issue is the fact that there are too many trips throughout the day running a] to/from Freeport, period & b] running locally to/from Freeport.... They were trigger happy with splitting the n24 at RFM & splitting the n22 at Mineola terminal due to runtime issues or whatever, but buses remain running locally b/w Freeport & Jamaica.... I'm not saying that to implicate the n4 be split (there's really no where within Nassau County you could pull that off anyway; there's no RFM or MIC equivalent along the n4), I'm pointing out the hypocrisy.... At minimum, there should be trips running no further east than RVC, over there by Long Beach or Oceanside rd.....

- Ever since the Brewer routes got articulated, the terminal/layover situation of the Q113/114 along Seagirt (just off B. 20th) in Far Rockaway is & has been a mess... When there are more than two artics at the last dropoff stop (which is often enough), Q113's/114's park in the right-most lane of WB traffic - as in, adjacent to the parking/curbside lane... I've personally seen 5 buses on layover (2 in the parking lane & 3 in the adjacent lane) the last time I took the full Q113 out there a couple mos. ago - and that was on a Saturday night, so I could only imagine how things are during the weekday rush.... Some of you may have seen more, IDK - but the point is, it is an issue.... But yeah, the SB n31/32 & WB Q22's hang that right turn off B. 20th to get to Seagirt & it can be quite a time waste with all the other traffic making that same turn around those buses (Q113's/114's) occupying the 2 right-most lanes on Seagirt at that corner.... Come to think of it, the last time I took the full n31, the b/o parked in that right-most lane of traffic as well - albeit further down the block... Long story short, this n31/32 change would have buses avoiding all of that....

========================

I gotta separate these four changes.... I literally laughed out loud when I saw them...... The n15/n16/27/35 changes, not that I wasn't before, but I'm still convinced there are spies on this forum.... That said, there is zero reason to have n15's ending at Mineola terminal in any facet when the n40/41 already runs b/w HTC & Mineola.... There are more than enough n40/41 trips during the weekday rush that can be diverted along County Seat Dr. to serve those county offices.... With the construction going on at LIRR Mineola, I see some buses park along 4th av. now (left curbside/parking lane) - which is the street where all the buses leaving Mineola bus terminal empty onto.... I'm willing to bet that they're going to have these n15's drop folks off in the n23 lane (lane 3 I believe it is)....

As far people getting all into a tizzy about the n15 being packed leaving RFM, people aren't realizing or assessing why that is.... I mean honestly, there is not this dire need to maintain connecting the n15's portion south of Hempstead/HTC with the portion north of it.... The same people crowding onto n15's at RFM, large in part, are the same people tanking out at HTC, so people need to stop it.... Acting like there's little turnover at HTC on the n15 or some shit..... Speaking of needing to stop it, this nonsensical notion that service should be left alone as to not having to xfer at Attica... Dannemora... Rikers... Hempstead Transit Center (have some people tell it) to catch a bus to get to RFM, most certainly fits that bill....

They're a day late & a dollar short with increasing service on the n27; a lot of that ridership has been lost since they've decided to cut overall service (including all weekend service)..... What's going to happen is that buses will be less crowded with the increased service; n27 isn't bursting at the seams like it used to be... So the Glen Cove folks & those folks coming off n20H's at Northern better take advantage of this added n27 service while it lasts.... FWIW though, it does make sense to throw more service on the n16 than to have the n16 & the n27 running b/w HTC & RFM via 60 Charles Lindbergh (Social services bldg.) & dedicate more service on the n27 at & north of RFM..... Hate to put it this way, but the n16 from the south needs (to serve) HTC than the n27 needs HTC from the north..... One thing I'll say though is, having buses run via RFM to/from NCC on the n16 would've been interesting during pre-covid times.....

Lastly, I get that the demand for the n22 in Westbury is quite high, but I still believe NICE continues to underrate the demand for the n35 in Westbury... Most of that added service they're giving to the n35 should run to Westbury (meaning, those buses should run b/w Westbury & HTC... not just having buses running back & forth between RFM & HTC)....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 things about the NICE changes: On the N15 going to Mineola term. How will it be able to turn left from the bus stop on County Seat Dr,which is on the near corner of Old Country Rd? 

According to the N31,32 the last stop will be at B20 St & Plainview Ave,but the map shows it still going to Seagirt Blvd to turn around. Why would it still not terminate there,or make the last & first stop on B19 St after making the left from Seagirt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

n4: So I guess the elimination of 17 stops in Queens will mean that the n4x ain’t coming back. I honestly don’t see the run time changing that much because Merrick Blvd itself it plagued with traffic during the weekday rush hour. From personal experience I noticed that the n4 is not stopping so much a

n15: I don’t see this change being a bad one because there are other routes like the n27 and n35 that already run between RFM and HTC. I think the only reason why some are upset is because the n15 is more frequent so it looks as if it’s used a lot but like B35 said ridership tends to tank on both sides at HTC. So it’s best to give the n35 the ridership boost. 
 

n35: I honestly hate these shuttles that NICE keeps making. I get that in the n22 and n24’s case they have helped improve reliability on the routes but if they are going to make a short route between RFM and HTC you might as well have the n15 run alongside the n35 between RFM and HTC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2021 at 3:57 PM, hounddriver said:

2 things about the NICE changes: On the N15 going to Mineola term. How will it be able to turn left from the bus stop on County Seat Dr,which is on the near corner of Old Country Rd? 

According to the N31,32 the last stop will be at B20 St & Plainview Ave,but the map shows it still going to Seagirt Blvd to turn around. Why would it still not terminate there, or make the last & first stop on B19 St after making the left from Seagirt?

- I don't think it'll be that big of an issue; the left lane going NB on County Seat Dr. is a left turn only lane.... Now if County Seat dr. continued NB past OCR (instead of ending at OCR due north) & that left lane in question was one of those lanes you can either go straight or make a left turn in, then there'd be a bit of an issue..... Basically, the n15 would be turning with other traffic at OCR - just from the adjacent lane....  An exemption for an n15 making a left turn from the right lane (which of course, is a right turn only lane) will end up being made....

- Not sure what map you're talking about, but there's a current stop at B. 20th/Plainview on the far side of the intersection (which is where I gather they'd have buses ending at).... It's in front of a little shopping plaza & it's a pretty decently utilized stop too, FWIW.... Buses would have to take Seagirt to turn around regardless, after having served that stop... If you're alluding to having buses stop on the short corner of B. 20th/Plainview (to simply make a left on Plainview to get back to B. 19th), I don't really see that happening....

7 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

n4: So I guess the elimination of 17 stops in Queens will mean that the n4x ain’t coming back. I honestly don’t see the run time changing that much because Merrick Blvd itself it plagued with traffic during the weekday rush hour. From personal experience I noticed that the n4 is not stopping so much a

n15: I don’t see this change being a bad one because there are other routes like the n27 and n35 that already run between RFM and HTC. I think the only reason why some are upset is because the n15 is more frequent so it looks as if it’s used a lot but like B35 said ridership tends to tank on both sides at HTC. So it’s best to give the n35 the ridership boost.

n35: I honestly hate these shuttles that NICE keeps making. I get that in the n22 and n24’s case they have helped improve reliability on the routes but if they are going to make a short route between RFM and HTC you might as well have the n15 run alongside the n35 between RFM and HTC. 

n4: ...and all those buses go to Freeport. It's unnecessary.

n15: Right, but then there's the part of the plan that calls for sending peak hour trips to Mineola.... Wonder how many riders at Mineola will specifically seek n15's over n40/41's to get to points south of HTC....

n35 People will still take those shuttles, but to the tune NICE probably expects the usage on them to be, they would have to take the n16 out of RFM as well... The part of the n16 IDRC isn't even the meandering through NCC - it's the stint along Westbury blvd (during peak times).... To be fair though, I don't know how things are out there since covid hit... Before the fact though, traffic moves at like 3 mph & it's beyond annoying...

I scoff at how they neutered the n22/24 also, but I have a special hatred for how the n24 RFM - Hicksville split is being handled 🖕🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The map on the N31/32 timetable shows the route continuing to Seagirt  after the supposedly last stop at Plainview. Maybe they figure if they keep the last stop at Seagirt,it would be unsafe or difficult to make the left turn there. That's why I said it could  make the last & first stop at the bus stop on B19th after turning left from Seagirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, hounddriver said:

The map on the N31/32 timetable shows the route continuing to Seagirt  after the supposedly last stop at Plainview. Maybe they figure if they keep the last stop at Seagirt,it would be unsafe or difficult to make the left turn there. That's why I said it could  make the last & first stop at the bus stop on B19th after turning left from Seagirt.

Maybe it (the timetable that reflected the postponed April 4th changes) just showed the turnaround scenario - because again, that current stop at Plainview/B. 20th is on the far side of the intersection - which would require running down to Seagirt.

Anyway, yeah, ending buses on that corner of Seagirt/B. 20th would be unsafe.... Most of that traffic are of right-turning vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Revised set of schedule changes will occur on May 2nd. 

https://www.nicebus.com/Passenger-Information/Now

 

The n4X and n6X will return on May 3rd.

The n15 and n27 routes will remain as is. The n4 and n16 service changes will go as planned. 

 

 

n15 willl be skipping Rockville Centre Station and using Sunrise Highway both direction. They just keeping Roosevelt Field segment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.