Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
User

April 4th Schedule Changes

Some of the schedules are out, 

n1- All trips will service Green Acres/VS LIRR. No short turns at Elmont during AM/PMs. Overall this means there is almost no added service than the last proposed change. Sunday service did get a slight boost however

n15- NICE pulled out the worst of both world here. There is really no reason for it to serve north of HTC. Now instead there is a reduction of service north of HTC. Every other bus will serve RF including the County Seat Drive buses via OC Rd. I wonder if this is an attempt to drive off ridership and encourage people to "try out" the other routes so they can cut it completely next schedule change. N15 will continue to not service the LIRR station directly

n16- Same as before. I am glad they are increasing service along this route

n27- I see no need for it to go to HTC. I liked the way NICE coordinated the schedules for the n16 back in April. It saves money, money that could be used on other routes

That is all I got for now

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they added later trips on the n78/79, I think the last trip was at 5:52 before? Something like that. They sorta gave it more recovery/layover time because that 5:52 n79 trip would not make it back to Hicksville on-time no matter how much it hauled, always had traffic entering Hicksville and I would miss the ~6:25 n20H trip more often than not. 

9 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

I think they added later trips on the n78/79, I think the last trip was at 5:52 before? Something like that. They sorta gave it more recovery/layover time because that 5:52 n79 trip would not make it back to Hicksville on-time no matter how much it hauled, always had traffic entering Hicksville and I would miss the ~6:25 n20H trip more often than not. 

The last trip on weekdays is still 5:52PM. I think they did give that last run additional time however

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2021 at 4:07 AM, Mtatransit said:

n15- NICE pulled out the worst of both world here. There is really no reason for it to serve north of HTC. Now instead there is a reduction of service north of HTC. Every other bus will serve RF including the County Seat Drive buses via OC Rd. I wonder if this is an attempt to drive off ridership and encourage people to "try out" the other routes so they can cut it completely next schedule change. N15 will continue to not service the LIRR station directly

Did they add extra Sunday service to the n35? I believe that was part of the original plan.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

2 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Did they add extra Sunday service to the n35? I believe that was part of the original plan.

Nope from what it seems like the service was kept relatively the same, especially on Sunday. One trip removed on Saturday and one trip added on weekdays, that's all I could see for n35

The people who complained about HTC in this case won, at the expense of the entire system

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

N15 via Clinton Rd certainly saves time than via the roundabout traffic-heavy route along Old Country Rd & Washington Ave.  There's a huge ridership between HTC and RFM, and unless you're going to run the N35 every 10 minutes, then you'll need a supplementary N15.

N16 first/last stop at NCC (and cutting stops at NCC) saves time for the majority of ridership who is not NCC bound, so they don't have to suffer those NCC detours.

I still don't understand why buses like the N16 have to make a roundabout loop thru the Social Services Center at 60 Charles Lindbergh, which adds running time & costs money.  The bus literally passes by it on the main road.  Someone just has to cross the street and the building is right there!  If someone is that mobility impaired that they can't cross the street, that person would likely need Access-A-Ride anyway.

Edited by RtrainBlues

9 hours ago, RtrainBlues said:

There's a huge ridership between HTC and RFM, and unless you're going to run the N35 every 10 minutes, then you'll need a supplementary N15.

Then just do that. The route has high turnover at HTC because much of no one is trying to use it to go between points south and points north along that route.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

n27- I see no need for it to go to HTC. I liked the way NICE coordinated the schedules for the n16 back in April. It saves money, money that could be used on other routes.

FWIW, the n15 (in general) & the n35 are used interchangeably b/w HTC & RFM & the demand for Westbury on the n35 easily trumps the cumulative demand of anything along the n15 b/w HTC & RFM (outside of those 2 points) on the OCR branch, so I'm not understanding this reluctance to throwing the kitchen sink (so to speak) at the n35 (service-wise)  north of HTC & this reluctance to doing away with that under performing branch (OCR) of the n15..... Well, outside of being frugal, that is.

I'm going to keep repeating this - a couple of n40/41 trips during the rush can be diverted to serve County seat Dr, en route to LIRR Mineola.... I don't want to hear that there are so many people south of HTC on the n15 that have this demand of getting to the county offices either, because that's flat out bullshit.... You do not need n40/41's & n15's in that general area, having came up from Hempstead/HTC.....

I mean, I see more of a case to having the n27 run to HTC, than I do having the n15 running to RFM.... This is (part of) the dilemma I believe NICE can't quite wrap its fingers around.... To me it's simple - throw a bunch of service at the n35 north of HTC, cut the n15 back to HTC from the south & cut the n27 back at RFM from the north (at least, during off peak periods).... The wildcard here I will admit, is the n16.... As much as I applaud the enhancements to the n16, I admit in the same breath that the demand is still greater for the n35 b/w Westbury & HTC than it is for the n16 b/w RFM & HTC.... The thing I didn't necessarily care for with the original April 4th plan in regards to the n35, was the having of some trips run b/w HTC & RFM... To me, those trips should've been suggested to run up to Westbury (so, Westbury - HTC, instead of RFM - HTC)... The operating funds they waste having n15's run via OCR can easily go towards running more short turn n35 trips at & north of HTC.....

On 4/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, RtrainBlues said:

...N16 first/last stop at NCC (and cutting stops at NCC) saves time for the majority of ridership who is not NCC bound, so they don't have to suffer those NCC detours.

I still don't understand why buses like the N16 have to make a roundabout loop thru the Social Services Center at 60 Charles Lindbergh, which adds running time & costs money.  The bus literally passes by it on the main road.  Someone just has to cross the street and the building is right there!  If someone is that mobility impaired that they can't cross the street, that person would likely need Access-A-Ride anyway.

Suburban local routes tend to directly serve county offices, etc. like that... As petty as you might think directly serving that facility is, if NICE were to remove that bus stop at 60 Charles Lindbergh, they'd better be prepared for quite the outrage... It isn't always about immobility; sometimes it's mere principle..... So I don't see the problem; that loop is not all that detrimental to the n16, specifically....

On 4/17/2021 at 7:22 AM, Lex said:
On 4/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, RtrainBlues said:

N15 via Clinton Rd certainly saves time than via the roundabout traffic-heavy route along Old Country Rd & Washington Ave.  There's a huge ridership between HTC and RFM, and unless you're going to run the N35 every 10 minutes, then you'll need a supplementary N15.

Then just do that. The route has high turnover at HTC because much of no one is trying to use it to go between points south and points north along that route.

Exactly.... There is simply more through-riding at HTC on the n35 than there is on the n15.... Another way of saying that, is turnover on the n15 is higher than that of the n35 at HTC.... The very entity that came up with cutting the n78/n79 back to Hicksville to have the n24 cover OCR b/w RFM & Hicksville from points west (putting aside what they later ended up doing with splitting the Jamaica - Hicksville rendition of the n24 to where the eastern half only serves that very portion [RFM-Hicksville]) due to demand west of Hicksville on the old N78/N79 being practically non-existent, has to notice that about n15 usage & n35 usage through HTC..... They just have to... I refuse to believe otherwise....

IMO, the n15 b/w Long Beach & HTC is a solid route by itself; that's the thing.... It running it to RFM isn't all that necessary, esp. when you have n16's, n27's, and n35's running to RFM from HTC... Having it (n15) have two variants north of HTC has long been ridiculous....

Way I see it, there is something else going on with this keep-the-n15-on-old county road shit, that is not ridership related or budgetary related....

Edited by B35 via Church

On 4/10/2021 at 7:57 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Revised set of schedule changes will occur on May 2nd. 

https://www.nicebus.com/Passenger-Information/Now

The n4X and n6X will return on May 3rd.

The n15 and n27 routes will remain as is. The n4 and n16 service changes will go as planned. 

n1- All trips will service Green Acres/VS LIRR. No short turns at Elmont during AM/PMs. Overall this means there is almost no added service than the last proposed change. Sunday service did get a slight boost however

n27- I see no need for it to go to HTC. I liked the way NICE coordinated the schedules for the n16 back in April. It saves money, money that could be used on other routes

That is all I got for now

n15 buses are needed at Roosevelt Field Mall because it's busy routes.

Plus n16 and n27 bus doesn't run on weekend and n35 bus doesn't run very frequent on weekend.

n27 are busy routes that need to be kept at Hempstead-Glen Cove via Roslyn/Greenvale.

20 hours ago, FamousNYLover said:

n15 buses are needed at Roosevelt Field Mall because it's busy routes.

Not specifically, it isn't.

If you were to increase n35 service & cut the n15 to Hempstead Transit Center, most the riders that currently make the n15 "busy" in & out of Roosevelt Field Mall wouldn't worry at all.

Plus n16 and n27 bus doesn't run on weekend and n35 bus doesn't run very frequent on weekend.

Then increase weekend n35 service & introduce weekend service on either the (n16) OR the (n27).

The case you're making for maintaining running n15's from way down in Long Beach on up to Roosevelt Field Mall is rather weak.

n27 are busy routes that need to be kept at Hempstead-Glen Cove via Roslyn/Greenvale.

Nice non-argument.

On 4/20/2021 at 9:20 PM, B35 via Church said:

Not specifically, it isn't.

If you were to increase n35 service & cut the n15 to Hempstead Transit Center, most the riders that currently make the n15 "busy" in & out of Roosevelt Field Mall wouldn't worry at all.

Then increase weekend n35 service & introduce weekend service on either the (n16) OR the (n27).

The case you're making for maintaining running n15's from way down in Long Beach on up to Roosevelt Field Mall is rather weak.

Nice non-argument.

I agree only on weekend n27 bus could terminate/originate at Roosevelt Field Mall.

The plan to have the n15 routing skip Rockville Centre train station has been pulled back:

https://twitter.com/theNICEbus/status/1387863979440148482

#NICEALERT n15 We have heard from many of you in the past couple of weeks. Based on customer feedback, we have decided to keep the n15 routing into the Rockville Centre train station as is. The n15 will continue to stop at the station as part of our Spring Service change.