Looking For A Job at MTA or Other Nearby Transit Agencies

Bracamonte

Hello,

I am currently looking to work at the MTA, primarily in NYCT, LIRR, and MNRR. To tell you a bit about myself, I was born and raised in NYC and have some experience working at the Capital Management offices in 2 Broadway as an intern at different times from 2016 to 2017. I wanted to return full-time but wasn't able to due to a hiring freeze at the time. Since April 2019, I moved to Newport News, VA to work at a shipyard until I was laid off from work in February 2021; therefore I plan to move back up north and bring my shipyard experiences to industries I applied in the past.

The kind of jobs I am looking for at the MTA are the typical desk jobs where you look through documents, communicating with other departments, while also doing field work. In addition, I am also looking for position that involve design using CAD software like Microstation.

In addition, if there are no jobs like the ones I described at the MTA, I am open to finding jobs at SEPTA, NJ Transit, or CDOT.

If you're having trouble finding something, you should look for headhunters, and perhaps have your résumé retooled and also get feedback on your cover letters and responses to positions. If you're applying to jobs writing the way that you are above, I can understand why you're having problems. Poor grammar is the first thing I look at when considering any candidate, then I go from there.