Bus Company Wants To Beef Over Runs It Doesn't Do

JAzumah

Imagine my surprise when I started receiving the following communications over the former Saddle River Tours 20/84 from a Franco Esposito who claims to work for Matador Tours:

FE: You might want to talk to the company that has the authority for all the routes before you are faced with a lawsuit

TAZ: Franco, Saddle River Tours is no longer in business.

FE: TransportAzumah, the new owner has the routes Matador Tours

FE: TransportAzumah, do you know who Matador Tours is

TAZ: Franco, in a deregulated environment, no one (and I mean no one) has exclusive rights to any routes. I have heard of Matador Tours and they are not operating the 20/84 at this time, nor has they ever operated the 20/84. In addition, I bet the owner of Matador Tours isn't going to sue anyone over a route that SRT struggled to make work because of the demographic shift in Bergen County.

In fact, you shouldn't even say that Matador owns any line runs because I don't know that to be true and frankly, you don't know that to be true. Their insurance company might try to use that against them and put them in assigned risk. Many owners use more than one operating authority to manage and segregate risk.

FE: TransportAzumah, I can say that for sure and I am positive that Matador has the rights to the routes that you are trying to take do you have line run authority in NJ do you have Line Run Insurance who are you you hide behind a company name but who are you personally I tell you what you put a bus out on those routes and I can guarantee you will have Matador Buses out there at the same time and I am telling you that for a fact because I work for Matador Tours I have been for 5 yrs now

In short, I am being threatened with a lawsuit and potential destructive competition over a route that Saddle River Tours could not make work and actually cut down to a single bus. Mr. Esposito claims that the rights were conveyed to Matador Tours. As you can imagine, I am mildly confused and amused at the same time.

Does Mr. Esposito have the capability to order that buses be deployed strictly to deprive my equipment of passengers? I don't know.

Am I tempted to find out? :D
However, I am getting old and I am only going to fight over turf if I have established that the demand is present (which is the process that I am undertaking now). In this environment, it is all about making money.

What would NJT think of this? I have a pretty good idea of how NJDOT would feel about it (everyone involved would get the rubber glove treatment, including me).

On a scale of 1 (I wouldn't smoke that for money) to 10 (I took a hit and now I am an astronaut!), how crazy do you have to be to throw buses at me over a GWBBS rush-hour only route?

9 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

AFAIC, the suburban market for GWB bus terminal I wouldn't touch with an 100 foot pole..... So, a '1'.

Figuratively speaking, anyone that believes they'd strike it rich tapping into that market is delusional......

It is a lot of work to advertise it, but most of Bergen County can actually get to Midtown faster through the GWB than via the PABT. In addition, everyone working at the hospitals up there add 45-60 minutes going through the PABT.

A massive market? No. A viable market? Yes (with some work).