T/O Requirements

JL4105

Hey, im on this site for a friend of mine interested in becoming a TO, she actually wants to file this upcoming March.

:confused:I wanted to know how many full time work experience is actually required, because on the list of dates of the exams and qualifications it says 5 years work exp. but at the bottom it stated you needed at least 1 year work exp. to be a candidate. Can someone please clear this up for me. Thank You!

Hey, im on this site for a friend of mine interested in becoming a TO, she actually wants to file this upcoming March.

:confused:I wanted to know how many full time work experience is actually required, because on the list of dates of the exams and qualifications it says 5 years work exp. but at the bottom it stated you needed at least 1 year work exp. to be a candidate. Can someone please clear this up for me. Thank You!

It wont be posted officially till the NOE (Notice of Exam) is released right around the filing period. IN the meantime your friend should apply for any position in MTA that she can get that's in DOS and then try and move around. I'm taking any test I can to get in.

As for T/O specifically normally it's 5 yrs work experience. 30 college credits = 1 yr work experience. they MIGHT have changed the requirements, i'll find out when the rest of you guys find out too, but if not 4 yrs college + 1 yr work will do, or will 5 yrs FULL TIME work experience. but wont know till that NOE comes out, hope this helps

Here is the notice of examination from the last T/O exam. While they can change certain things here and there, it's still good to know.

Education and Experience Requirements: By the last day of the Application Period you must have:

1. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent; and

2. Five years of full-time, paid satisfactory work experience.

College education may be substituted for experience on the following basis: One year of acceptable experience

will be credited for each 30 credits completed at an accredited college, up to a maximum of four years. However,

all candidates must have at least one year of full-time satisfactory, paid work experience. Part-time paid

experience will be pro-rated.

Here is the notice of examination from the last T/O exam. While they can change certain things here and there, it's still good to know.

yep if that stays the same I'm good, been working part time since I was 16, worked part time while in school and have worked every summer when i been home from school, got my 4 years of college, and working now as well, so all that added up will get to 5 years...

lets just hope they don't change it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I'm also wondering, do i qualify? I have a 2 year degree from Cuny, later on work for the post office for 4 years. Resign to start my own little business but later had to close because of lease.

Anyway I dont' seem to have 5 years of contiuue work?

does this work. Does the 2 year degree and the 4 years in post office make it?

Thank you

Archived