Buying an Old NYC Subway Car

mjg2020

I haven't heard of an subway car being sold (or donated) to a private owner since the Arnine days. One was in Staten Island as a restuarant, one is in Florida. So you don't have to be rich to pull this off. Buffs have bought retired buses from the MTA much more recently. No idea of an exact price though. I think the MTA gave museums like Illinois railroad museum and seashore retired subway cars for free, they just had to pay for shipping costs.

Speculation on my part, you'd have an better chance finding an answer by e mailing the MTA rather than asking here.

Edited by trainfan22

On 4/4/2021 at 8:32 PM, trainfan22 said:

I haven't heard of an subway car being sold (or donated) to a private owner since the Arnine days. One was in Staten Island as a restuarant, one is in Florida. So you don't have to be rich to pull this off. Buffs have bought retired buses from the MTA much more recently. No idea of an exact price though. I think the MTA gave museums like Illinois railroad museum and seashore retired subway cars for free, they just had to pay for shipping costs.

Speculation on my part, you'd have an better chance finding an answer by e mailing the MTA rather than asking here.

Anyone bought an RTS when they were retired?

• 1 year later...