BenTheMiner's Signs Galore!

4 minutes ago, K Train 8 Av-Fulton said:

Sadly, not all other routes use R143 because of missing characters on the displays...

The (J) , (L) , (M) and (Z) ran them, some were signed as (S) Shuttle... but they've rarely been on the (C) since the (C) used R160s and R179s often, and back then it used R110B, but I don't think I was able to upload the R110B Side and/or overhead for it, so the R110B displays are not available unless I upload those first. 

R143 never ran on the C, nor did it have any reason to. For route characters, I've been able to get A, J, L, M, S, V, and Z. I'm missing just a few destination font characters.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, K Train 8 Av-Fulton said:

To be fair, I found the fonts myself in FontStruct, all the letters for the routes and destinations are there for the R143/R160/R179 exteriors and interiors, but were made by another account.

Those fonts are not accurate and the route characters that haven't been seen were likely guessed.

Just now, K Train 8 Av-Fulton said:

I already know the R143s never ran the (G) for any reason either, but the display seemed unexpected, and I think I would suggest the displays for the car on that route later today...

If possible, I'd like to see someone codebreak the R143 to get the side sign fonts. Someone already has; I'm just hoping that the remaining characters and routes are displayed.

I hope so, as well... there was someone who did a code-break for the (G) route on the R160, which I would like to see on an R143 as well, if necessary:

R143 Exterior:

(G) CHURCH AV

(G) CROSSTOWN LOCAL

Note: I would consider leaving "QUEENS BLVD LOCAL" out of this since the (G) no longer runs that line.

R143 Overhead:

(G) TO CHURCH AV

(G) THE NEXT STOP IS

(G) FLUSHING AV

(G) 8:53 PM

Another note: I'm not having confusion with this: The number of cars the (G) has was very short, yet it doesn't carry enough passengers. If only that line had a fleet with more cars, maybe then more passengers would board the train on that line. Ignore why I asked for this, I wouldn't want anyone else knowing.

mqdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, K Train 8 Av-Fulton said:

I hope so, as well... there was someone who did a code-break for the (G) route on the R160, which I would like to see on an R143 as well, if necessary:

R143 Exterior:

(G) CHURCH AV

(G) CROSSTOWN LOCAL

Note: I would consider leaving "QUEENS BLVD LOCAL" out of this since the (G) no longer runs that line.

R143 Overhead:

(G) TO CHURCH AV

(G) THE NEXT STOP IS

(G) FLUSHING AV

Another note: I'm not having confusion with this: The number of cars the (G) has was very short, yet it doesn't carry enough passengers. If only that line had a fleet with more cars, maybe then more passengers would board the train on that line. Ignore why I asked for this, I wouldn't want anyone else knowing.

mqdefault.jpg

That's a cool codebreak. I haven't seen it, though. For now, I'll make the overhead.

2 minutes ago, K Train 8 Av-Fulton said:

R143 Exterior:

(G) CHURCH AV

(G) CROSSTOWN LOCAL

R143 Overhead:

(G) TO CHURCH AV

(G) THE NEXT STOP IS

(G) FLUSHING AV

mqdefault.jpg

Found the video, turns it out was an April Fools video, lol. The overhead seems to be real, though. So I unfortunately won't be able to make the side sign but I can still make the overhead since my R143 overhead is complete. I'll be sending it here soon.

Let's try something else:

R143 Template:

(M) FOREST HILLS-71 AV

(M) 6 AV LOCAL/63 ST

(M) QUEENS BLVD LOCAL

R143 Overhead:

(M) TO FOREST HILLS-71 AV

(M) THE NEXT STOP IS

(M) 21 ST-QUEENSBRIDGE

(M) 9:51 AM

Note: I would suggest you should do the overhead of this first. If I suggested the Brown M version for it, then I would've picked a different destination for it, now would I?

36 minutes ago, K Train 8 Av-Fulton said:

R143 Template:

(M) FOREST HILLS-71 AV

(M) 6 AV LOCAL/63 ST

(M) QUEENS BLVD LOCAL

R143 Overhead:

(M) TO FOREST HILLS-71 AV

(M) THE NEXT STOP IS

(M) 21 ST-QUEENSBRIDGE

(M) 9:51 AM

I had to shorten the R143 side text a bit since it wouldn't fit:
ezgif-4-0a9e3641fb6f.gif