LIRR Conductor arrested over alleged ticket fraud.

Lawrence St

https://abc7ny.com/lirr-conductor-arrested-in-alleged-ticket-fraud-scheme/10574754/

WEST ISLIP, Long Island (WABC) -- A Long Island Rail Road conductor is under arrest and facing charges, accused of ripping off the MTA in an alleged ticket fraud scheme.

Authorities say 61-year-old Robert Anderson, of West Islip, collected tickets without punching them and either gave them to friends or submitted them for refunds.

What an idiot. Giving up that high paying job over some tickets? It's not exactly subtle if you don't punch the tickets. Do it often enough and you'll get caught. 

I gotta see what hair brained scheme some employee comes up with to mess with e-tickets. 

LIRR seems to be full of middle aged crooks 

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

https://abc7ny.com/lirr-conductor-arrested-in-alleged-ticket-fraud-scheme/10574754/

WEST ISLIP, Long Island (WABC) -- A Long Island Rail Road conductor is under arrest and facing charges, accused of ripping off the MTA in an alleged ticket fraud scheme.

Authorities say 61-year-old Robert Anderson, of West Islip, collected tickets without punching them and either gave them to friends or submitted them for refunds.

The Long Island Rail Road and fraudulent activity by its hourly workers, name a more iconic duo.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:10 PM, QM1to6Ave said:

What an idiot. Giving up that high paying job over some tickets? It's not exactly subtle if you don't punch the tickets. Do it often enough and you'll get caught. 

I gotta see what hair brained scheme some employee comes up with to mess with e-tickets. 

LIRR seems to be full of middle aged crooks 

I think there was some concern previously over the e-tickets, with people trying to mimic them, but I notice that they frequently redesign what the ticket looks like, perhaps to mitigate fraud. The e-tickets that I bought recently for the last several rides I've taken on Metro-North have some tweaks, and a slightly different interface. The bar code appears immediately after you validate your ticket. I use my iPad for my tickets so I notice the changes easier compared to my phone, but either way, they definitely will keep changing it because they are looking to do away with paper tickets over time to reduce costs.

20 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I think there was some concern previously over the e-tickets, with people trying to mimic them, but I notice that they frequently redesign what the ticket looks like, perhaps to mitigate fraud. The e-tickets that I bought recently for the last several rides I've taken on Metro-North have some tweaks, and a slightly different interface. The bar code appears immediately after you validate your ticket. I use my iPad for my tickets so I notice the changes easier compared to my phone, but either way, they definitely will keep changing it because they are looking to do away with paper tickets over time to reduce costs.

Somehow we made it from "LIRR conductor commits fraud" to "here's how the MTA is preventing passenger fraud." Exhausting.

1 hour ago, 40MntVrn said:

Somehow we made it from "LIRR conductor commits fraud" to "here's how the MTA is preventing passenger fraud." Exhausting.

And somehow you don't see the connection in how that mitigates employees committing fraud... Exhausting.  It wasn't just the LIRR conductor involved in the fraud, but his friends as well, who were passengers...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Just now, 40MntVrn said:

Had nothing else in the arsenal, so you leveraged an insult. Classy.

If the shoe fits... You came off snarky. Now you want to retreat. Please. At the end of the day, the (MTA) is moving towards technology to root out fraud from workers and passengers alike and to mitigate costs to the extent possible. Why you would call that "exhausting" is preposterous.