MTA giving away FREE 7 day unlimited metrocards for covid vaccine

trainfan22

1 hour ago, QM1to6Ave said:

The thought of getting an injection inside a dirty MTA subway station makes me nauseous lol, even though i know it is perfectly safe. I've been fully vaxxed for a while, so this is all hypothetical for me anyway. 

The last place I'd be vaccinated is in a subway station. I applaud their effort though.

IDK whether to CTFU or smirk at this....

A free 7 day unlimited metrocard isn't going to be any sort of a motivator for anything, when people have been freely utilizing the system through the back doors of the bus and/or by way of the "emergency" exit (or plain ole' physical hopping of a turnstile) in the subways, WELL before the crisis ever commenced.......

Edited by B35 via Church

I plan on getting the vaccine at the station cause (1 its easier than booking at appointment at an Pharmacy and (2 I really want that free metrocard so I can ride SBS routes as much as I like without worrying about the SBS machines messing up my reduced fare card. I have a feeling its gonna be in a van outside of the station and not in the station, just like those vans they have for covid tests. So cleanliness shouldn't be a problem.

Before I heard the news of this, I was gonna get vaccinated at one of the tourists locations that De Blasio was talking about, but I'll do this instead. 

Edited by trainfan22

If it's in a van just outside the stations, then that's fine. Inside the actual station, yeah, that's kind of gross. Though I agree with B35 that it's probably not going to change the minds of people who are already jumping the turnstiles or sneaking onto the buses through the back doors.

Eh, unless they took the needle and bathed it in trash-water between the tracks, you'd be fine. The air itself isn't going to do anything to a needle that's already sterilized and experience about 1.5 seconds before they give you the shot. And yeah, might be a van anyway.

I say great. Keep up the gimmicks. Get the damn people vaccinated. 

3 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Eh, unless they took the needle and bathed it in trash-water between the tracks, you'd be fine. The air itself isn't going to do anything to a needle that's already sterilized and experience about 1.5 seconds before they give you the shot. And yeah, might be a van anyway.

I say great. Keep up the gimmicks. Get the damn people vaccinated. 

I guarantee it's not at platform level, lol.

I'm not sure what the protocool is for the vaccination sites outside hospitals, but at the hospital people have to stay under observation for 30 minutes after receiving it, in case of any immediate side effects.

Might be one drawback of this setting or the many other non-hospital settings......if that's not the same protocool.

2 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

I guarantee it's not at platform level, lol.

I'm not sure what the protocool is for the vaccination sites outside hospitals, but at the hospital people have to stay under observation for 30 minutes after receiving it, in case of any immediate side effects.

Might be one drawback of this setting or the many other non-hospital settings......if that's not the same protocool.

I got my Moderna at a Walgreens here in Shaolin and my 30 minutes was spent waiting for the pharmacist to get around to administering it.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:39 PM, QM1to6Ave said:

The thought of getting an injection inside a dirty MTA subway station makes me nauseous lol, even though i know it is perfectly safe. I've been fully vaxxed for a while, so this is all hypothetical for me anyway. 

My mom and my Japanese vegan friends don't trust vacinnes because vacinnes might not be safe for some people.

Today there was an vaccine bus (not MTA related) posted up on Rockaway Parkway today. However I googled "mobile vaccine clinic" on my phone and no schedule is posted for this vaccine bus SMH. Looked like nobody was taking advantage of the bus as the as the workers were just sitting there doing nothing.

Edited by trainfan22

4 minutes ago, Deucey said:

Already had both shots.

Good for you. I wanted the J & J shot from the beginning, but I never run out and get anything. I wait until the kinks are worked out. Called a place in Midtown today near my office and they have walk-in options, so I'll do that. Figured it was no real rush since I'm still working from home and likely will be until next year, but just in case.

1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Good for you. I wanted the J & J shot from the beginning, but I never run out and get anything. I wait until the kinks are worked out. Called a place in Midtown today near my office and they have walk-in options, so I'll do that. Figured it was no real rush since I'm still working from home and likely will be until next year, but just in case.

I just did mine at beginning of April. Was eligible back when they opened the vaxxes to anyone with chronic conditions, but waited to see what the short and midterm effects were.

Since no one turned into a Walker or developed an insane devotion to the Umbrella Corporation, I went ahead.

Only real side effect I’ve had from it is I’ve got the “drive” like I’m 19 and in college again. Being a man aged 40.5 and shaped like a NovaBus, it’s great that I still don’t need Frank Thomas’ Nugenix.

13 minutes ago, Deucey said:

I just did mine at beginning of April. Was eligible back when they opened the vaxxes to anyone with chronic conditions, but waited to see what the short and midterm effects were.

Since no one turned into a Walker or developed an insane devotion to the Umbrella Corporation, I went ahead.

Only real side effect I’ve had from it is I’ve got the “drive” like I’m 19 and in college again. Being a man aged 40.5 and shaped like a NovaBus, it’s great that I still don’t need Frank Thomas’ Nugenix.

If they hadn't paused the J & J vaccine, I probably would've gotten it already, but the blood clotting issues they mentioned that seems to be confined to women, I wanted to wait just in case something else popped up. I had a leg issue years ago that eventually went away on its own. I have no underlining issues, so I should be good to go. I eat a healthy, organic diet, and rarely get sick, so not too worried.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

27 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

If they hadn't paused the J & J vaccine, I probably would've gotten it already, but the blood clotting issues they mentioned that seems to be confined to women, I wanted to wait just in case something else popped up. I had a leg issue years ago that eventually went away on its own. I have no underlining issues, so I should be good to go. I eat a healthy, organic diet, and rarely get sick, so not too worried.

I liked the J&J option with one shot, but bc it used a deactivated Rona virus - and because that method is used for flu shots, and I’ve gotten severe flu every time I got a shot - the RNA option seemed worth the risk since I’m now a cardiology patient. 

I didn’t spend a year inside my house and avoiding all of humanity and Rona to get right to the finish line and have my body chemistry go overboard reacting to a deactivated virus and putting me through ish.

(That year of H1N1, I got it, recovered, got a flu shot afterwards ‘just to be safe’, got the regular flu, then recovered from that to get H1N1 again. But my body loves to overkill when dealing with viruses.)

20 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

I think it's 15 minutes at most places, and I'm pretty sure all vaccine locations do this; it's required. It's in case of an allergic reaction. It's extremely rare, but if it happens, it's obvious within 15 minutes. 

Some people are literally allergic to vaccines. That kind of allergy is extremely rare. Most such people already know they have that allergy and will be screened out before getting the shot. But just in case someone slips through, the 15-minute waiting period will catch those people so they can get an epi-pen, etc. 

15 hours ago, Deucey said:

I liked the J&J option with one shot, but bc it used a deactivated Rona virus - and because that method is used for flu shots, and I’ve gotten severe flu every time I got a shot - the RNA option seemed worth the risk since I’m now a cardiology patient. 

I didn’t spend a year inside my house and avoiding all of humanity and Rona to get right to the finish line and have my body chemistry go overboard reacting to a deactivated virus and putting me through ish.

(That year of H1N1, I got it, recovered, got a flu shot afterwards ‘just to be safe’, got the regular flu, then recovered from that to get H1N1 again. But my body loves to overkill when dealing with viruses.)

I hear you... Just got my J & J shot today. Hurt like hell at first. Fine now... Working from home for the rest of the week...

2 hours ago, rbrome said:

I think it's 15 minutes at most places, and I'm pretty sure all vaccine locations do this; it's required. It's in case of an allergic reaction. It's extremely rare, but if it happens, it's obvious within 15 minutes. 

Some people are literally allergic to vaccines. That kind of allergy is extremely rare. Most such people already know they have that allergy and will be screened out before getting the shot. But just in case someone slips through, the 15-minute waiting period will catch those people so they can get an epi-pen, etc. 

15 minutes at the site I went to. Very organized... Only annoying thing is having to answer the same questions two or three times, but I was done in about an hour. Not too bad considering it was a walk-in.

Got the vaccine at CI location, other people used this vaccine site when I was there as well. Waited for 15 minutes after, got my free metrocard then I went on my way.

BTW they ask for health insurance which I have, but it caught me off guard. I wonder they will give you the vaccine if you don't have health insurance?

Edited by trainfan22

6 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Got the vaccine at CI location, other people used this vaccine site when I was there as well. Waited for 15 minutes after, got my free metrocard then I went on my way.

BTW they ask for health insurance which I have, but it caught me off guard. I wonder they will give you the vaccine if you don't have health insurance?

The vaccine is FREE for everyone, whether they have insurance or not. If they try to bill for anything, fight it with your insurance. I've heard of some places doing this and it's totally NOT ok. That's why I chose the place I went to very carefully. Had no sort of questions about my insurance.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

The vax is free for everyone. The health insurance info is for billing/claims and contact tracing if you need Covid follow up care