R42 on the (C)

lightkiller145

nah some will stick longer till the R179 makes wave, seeing that the contract is almost over with the 160s THANK GOD :D!!!

Well a TA worker told me that there are enough R160s to replace all the R32,R38,R40 slant,R40M and R42. The R160 contract will be over til December of 2009.

We have a bunch of R38s laid up that are scheduled for reef project this week. As soon as I see them pulled into the shop and a cutting torch being taken to them. I will post some pics. We have a large number of R32s from Jamaica that are being cut up right now... I guess it depends on how long it takes to finish those.

As for the R42s on the C. There has been a few here and there that I saw... I dont know if there is a set schedule to send these to the C line but ill try and keep everyone posted.

Any possibility of taking some stuff off the R38 for me before they are scrapped?

Due to different placement of C/R cabs in the R40Ms/R42s than R32s/R38s, new conductor boards have to be installed along the (C) line.

New 8-Car, R42 Indicator Boards have already been installed along the entire A line for close to three weeks now. The are similiar to the ones installed along the J/M/Z and L lines. The R42 markings have been on the platform/station walls for over two months now.

Archived