Dark/Grey Mode?

Lawrence St

Question

4 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Love the new website update, but staring at the white background really messes with your eyes after a while. Is it possible to get a Dark or Grey mode?

Thanks

6 hours ago, T to Dyre Avenue said:

I tried Dark Mode on my iPhone. That didn't work, so I tried Night Shift on my iPhone, which I do every night after putting my kids to bed. There isn't much of a difference, but last night the screen did have a softer glow once I shifted my phone into Night Shift. I tried it in my office just now. It didn't really help.

I am working on a dark theme that we will be able to switch on and off with a toggle. It'll take some time but I will get it done.

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Love the new website update, but staring at the white background really messes with your eyes after a while. Is it possible to get a Dark or Grey mode?

Thanks

If you're on a desktop and using Firefox and/or Chrome or Microsoft Edge, download the Dark Reader extension and set the theme to dynamic and all of the white backgrounds will become a dark grey background. Just know that it'll set all of your sites into a dark mode kind of theme, but you can adjust them accordingly.

If on a smartphone(in this case, Android, since iOS doesn't support this specific extension yet), download Firefox for Android. You can get the Dark Reader extension and it'll work on all sites on your phone.

Screenshot_20210518-024221.png

Screenshot_20210518-024332.png

I tried Dark Mode on my iPhone. That didn't work, so I tried Night Shift on my iPhone, which I do every night after putting my kids to bed. There isn't much of a difference, but last night the screen did have a softer glow once I shifted my phone into Night Shift. I tried it in my office just now. It didn't really help.

5 hours ago, T to Dyre Avenue said:

Yeah, unfortunately iOS doesn't support any browser extensions as of yet. Dark Mode on iOS is simply a systemwide dark mode, it doesn't affect web browsing.

There are some dark mode-type browsers, but they hide behind a paywall on iOS.