Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Next set of auctions for NICE are running

Lot: https://www.auctionsinternational.com/auction/nassau-county-mta-ny25061-25061

Located in Cedar Creek Park, up for auction are:

- 3x 2007 Honda Civics

- 6x 2010 International 320 Able-Ride vehicles

- 4x 2014 Dodge Caravans

- 1x 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

- 13x 2009 Orion VII NG CNG buses (1700 is 2008 if you count that). The numbers are as follows:

Here are some photos I have selected from the auctions for display:

gzd8wAc.jpg

6jVQejN.jpg

MkoTQ7a.jpg

7XBtXkP.jpg

oTDi6lg.jpg

m3Z7ZZU.jpg

O1tPbFb.jpg

jEe3IHs.jpg

T7BWegW.jpg

6FRcNuD.jpg

XmoGd6U.jpg

IaK9oMa.jpg

HIdaaHr.jpg

ZpUG3eU.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lex said:

Is it bad that I laughed after seeing all of the smashed glass?

So I wasn't the only one.

I'm picturing someone standing in front of an in-service bus chucking a brick or something at the front window... Not saying the act is at all warranted, but some of those NICE drivers are very rude & confrontational towards passengers... That's one thing we here in the city don't really have to deal with.... I've seen more than my fair share of it at Mineola Intermodal (or whatever they call the bus terminal now).....

side note: I know the county's colors are blue & orange, but the more orange than blue thing to me, has always been uneasy on the eyes....

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

So I wasn't the only one.

I'm picturing someone standing in front of an in-service bus chucking a brick or something at the front window... Not saying the act is at all warranted, but some of those NICE drivers are very rude & confrontational towards passengers... That's one thing we here in the city don't really have to deal with.... I've seen more than my fair share of it at Mineola Intermodal (or whatever they call the bus terminal now).....

side note: I know the county's colors are blue & orange, but the more orange than blue thing to me, has always been uneasy on the eyes....

Can confirm.

One time an op on the n24 at New Hyde Park Road wasn't paying attention(cursing out someone who cut him off) to the passengers boarding the bus and paying the fare(myself included) and then he randomly called three of us back over to the front accusing us of fare-beating. The entire bus was about to curse his ass out, as the passengers defended us.

Edited by Cait Sith
  • LMAO! 2
2 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

Why is there so much smashed glass? Vandalism or intentional? These buses already look beat up as hell, I guess the only thing left of value is the scrap metal?

Probably scrap parts to keep other units running, glass can be recycled etc. Can't get value out of a bus run so hard to the point of no return. Although if such buyers had time, they could interchange parts from other NGs and restore them at a cost 

Posted (edited)

The brick on the seat and broken glass is not for spare parts.  Definitely vandalism and perhaps part theft as well which seems likely.  

The 2002 Orions last time sold for just over 1k a piece so I presume some parts had some value for someone.  The Nice bus Orions need to be disposed of.  

Edited by AJ023
10 hours ago, danielhg121 said:

Why is there so much smashed glass? Vandalism or intentional? These buses already look beat up as hell, I guess the only thing left of value is the scrap metal?

Intentional.

21 minutes ago, AJ023 said:

The brick on the seat and broken glass is not for spare parts.  Definitely vandalism and perhaps part theft as well which seems likely.  

The 2002 Orions last time sold for just over 1k a piece so I presume some parts had some value for someone.  The Nice bus Orions need to be disposed of.  

Nope.

As listed in the auction, they are parts vehicles and not meant for operations. Almost 90% of the time, that usually indicates that they are for parts and scrap and nothing more. They've been mostly parted out to keep the other 1700s running.

• 3 weeks later...