Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Dialing 347-643-8229/8230/8231/8232??

Lately, I've been trying to get in contact with someone from NYC Transit's Human Resources Department for some information which is on the "private" side and whenever I call these phone numbers from my house phone during business hours, I keep getting a message which states "We're sorry. Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please hang up and try your call again later. Thank you." What's more interesting is that when I call these phone numbers during non-business hours, I get their answering machine with no problem!

Now I know another member said in this post "I spammed called them (the higher ups) like crazy today to no response..." Therefore, is it just me who's having this problem? Or does it seem that NYC Transit's Human Resources Department, and everyone else connected to them, are no longer picking up the phone for whatever reason?

Thanks in advance for the replies, I appreciate it.

20 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I've sent several emails to the exam unit and haven't gotten a response either.

I myself have sent numerous emails and have made numerous phone calls. No one has responded yet. The phone either goes straight to an answering service  or just picks up & hangs up.

• 2 weeks later...

I can say from personal experience that this has been happening with a lot of public-sector offices in the last few months.  Call, e-mail, send a letter... nobody responds.

I would chalk it up to a lot of the office workers still working remotely due to coronavirus, and the agency probably doesn't have a competent strategy in place for fielding those inquires remotely (IT, HR, so on).  If that's the case, not much you can do about it until COVID-19 ends at some point.  It is what it is.

Edited by R10 2952