Plans for the (A), (C) and (H)

trainspot12

Here's what I think should happen with these lines.

(A) From 207 Street to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue or Rockaway Park (All Times). This would provide more service on the (A) line so people won't complain that much on how the train service is so poor.

(C) From 168 Street to Lefferts Blvd (All Times). It provides service all the way to Lefferts without transferring.

Make selected (A) trains go Local during the Rush Hour to relieve pressure on that line.

Get rid of the (H) shuttle due to the (A) going full time to Rockaway Park.

Make both the (A) and (C) run the R38/40/42/44 and 160A-2 cars (Why don't the (C) use R160A-2 cars anyway)

Any more comments or suggestions?

The (C) always gets the "hand me downs" when it comes to train cars. It will get R160s when there are R200s on other lines.

It gets the hand-me-downs since it's the "death line"... Div B classes that are due to be scrapped or sunk are sent to work for their last days on that line before being sent to 207th for a 'proper burial'.

(A) From 207 Street to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue or Rockaway Park (All Times). This would provide more service on the (A) line so people won't complain that much on how the train service is so poor.

(C) From 168 Street to Lefferts Blvd (All Times). It provides service all the way to Lefferts without transferring.

Make selected (A) trains go Local during the Rush Hour to relieve pressure on that line.

Get rid of the (H) shuttle due to the (A) going full time to Rockaway Park.

Make both the (A) and (C) run the R38/40/42/44 and 160A-2 cars (Why don't the (C) use R160A-2 cars anyway)

I agree with changing the southern temrinals, though it owuldn't come into effect because Ozone Park NIMBYs would have a fit over losing an express.

The (A) doesn't have to run a few trains local if (C) service can just be improved.

If you're removing the shuttle, then does the (A) serve both Rockaway Park and Far Rockaway?

Also, the (A) can't use R160s because of power problems in the Rockaways. also, Pitkin Yard can't handle R160s. The (A)/© will both run R179s in 2015.

Make selected (A) trains go Local during the Rush Hour to relieve pressure on that line. NO!

Get rid of the (H) shuttle due to the (A) going full time to Rockaway Park. The (H) haven't exist since the 1990's

Everything else I agree with

(A) From 207 Street to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue or Lefferts Blvd Ozone Park (All Times). This would provide more service on the (A) line so people won't complain that much on how the train service is so poor.

(C) From 168 Street to Rockaway Park (All Times). It provides service all the way to Lefferts without transferring.

Make selected (A) trains go Local during the Rush Hour to relieve pressure on that line. NO

Get rid of the (H) shuttle due to the (C) going full time to Rockaway Park.

Make both the (A) and (C) run the R38/40/42/44 and 160A-2 cars

Look at the changes!

The only changes that may happen in the future is the C going Lefferts instead of euclid and ALL A trains going to the rock running a round robin between far rock and rock park.

I like that idea. Have the A go from Broad Channel to Mott Avenue, and then down to Rockaway Park, then back up through Broad Channel. The unused side of the wye...what condition is it in? If it was single track it would be perfect.

I like that idea. Have the A go from Broad Channel to Mott Avenue, and then down to Rockaway Park, then back up through Broad Channel. The unused side of the wye...what condition is it in? If it was single track it would be perfect.

The problem with the wye is if you use it like that you will have to wrong rail with trains coming in the proper direction. At best that will cause serious delays. The only way to run a "victory lap around the Rockaways" line using the wye is to send the trains to Rockaway Park FIRST, relay them, send them over the wye to Mott Av, relay them there, and send them back on their merry way to Broad Channel.

Oh and As for the wye, yes it is single track.

The problem with the wye is if you use it like that you will have to wrong rail with trains coming in the proper direction. At best that will cause serious delays. The only way to run a "victory lap around the Rockaways" line using the wye is to send the trains to Rockaway Park FIRST, relay them, send them over the wye to Mott Av, relay them there, and send them back on their merry way to Broad Channel.

Oh and As for the wye, yes it is single track.

You're right, I just looked at the track map, you would have to send to Rockaway Park first. Either way, I wonder if NYCTA ever seriously considered the idea. Beats having three A trains.

It gets the hand-me-downs since it's the "death line"... Div B classes that are due to be scrapped or sunk are sent to work for their last days on that line before being sent to 207th for a 'proper burial'.

Which is a great insult to the (C) as a line, and perhaps the communities it serves as well. (as I've said before)

oh plz, just cuz it has 8 cars doesnt conclude that. It still shows good service, compared o the (:D bet 145th and 59th and the (E) sometimes..

What the T/A should of done is coupled up some 32s with the 38s so it wouldnt be only 8 cars..

Archived