N88 Buses to/from Hempstead

Service on the n88 to/from Hempstead began on Saturday in case you weren't aware. Buses originate on the southern end of the transit center, where the n6X stop is. The section between Hempstead and Freeport is non-stop, via the n40 route. Here's some footage from the first day of operation.

51272460277_17b87b1a2a_b.jpg2016 New Flyer "Xcelsior" XN60 1969 on the n88 (NICE Bus) at Jones Beach West Bathhouse by BM5 Photos 2019-2021, on Flickr

51272458107_545b33d395_b.jpg2016 New Flyer "Xcelsior" XN60 1969 on the n88 (NICE Bus) at Hempstead Transit Center by BM5 Photos 2019-2021, on Flickr

I wish that Hempstead program font was even with the via Freeport font, or at least make the via Freeport font bigger and the Hempstead font a little smaller. It looks off with one being bigger than the other.

Nice shots dude!

Edited by Cait Sith

On 6/28/2021 at 6:16 PM, Cait Sith said:

I wish that Hempstead program font was even with the via Freeport font, or at least make the via Freeport font bigger and the Hempstead font a little smaller. It looks off with one being bigger than the other.

Nice shots dude!

Thanks a lot!

On 6/28/2021 at 7:22 PM, lil hershey said:

When i rode it Saturday people thought it was the n6x so the walk back to take n6. I was the only one on the bus to Jones Beach

I saw people waiting at the stop too. I at first thought they were getting on the bus, but apparently they saw an n6 and they all ran to it and got on. While waiting, I saw people pass by and take a look at the posted n88 departure times, so we'll see if that translates into sufficient ridership as time goes on.