BREAKING NEWS: Gov Cuomo resigns!

Lawrence St

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

How do we know that the AirTrain will be canceled?

We don't. Not yet. But Cuomo leaving right now is just in time to open up that possibility, and serious people are wasting no time agitating to get it cancelled. One can hope. 

On 8/10/2021 at 2:55 PM, R10 2952 said:

GOOD.

FREAKING.

RIDDANCE.

....and then there'll the next egotistical good for nothing that'll replace him.... Rinse, wash, repeat.

(:lol::lol: at the enlarged text though)

On 8/20/2021 at 2:20 PM, N6 Limited said:

Can we get Byford back?

He'd be a fool to come back... Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me.

Edited by B35 via Church

On 8/20/2021 at 7:02 PM, rbrome said:

We don't. Not yet. But Cuomo leaving right now is just in time to open up that possibility, and serious people are wasting no time agitating to get it cancelled. One can hope. 

Depending on what people you’re referring to. But remember, Cuomo was just a piece of what the Airtrain, the Port Authority is the other. 

On 8/10/2021 at 12:31 PM, Lawrence St said:

He stops ruining the MTA ? I personally think that is debatable. The authority may answer to the Governor but over the years I think the agency,  through it's long-term staff,  sets the overall agenda, and the Governor picks their own priorities, from that agenda. I go back to the beginning of the (mta) when Rockefeller put Ronan in charge. If I remember correctly neither one had any experience in the field. The professional staff under those gentlemen ran the agency then and they run it now. Most Governors got credit or blame for projects that they had no hand in creating. I believe that LGA AirTrain idea was idiotic on it's face. For that he deserves the blame but,  as arrogant as he is,  I bet that some " professional people " on the agency staff agreed to the plan. Since I now reside in Suffolk County, I'd guess that most people out here appreciate the double track project completed on the Ronkonkoma Branch. I believe that the same thing applies to the Mainline Third Track from Hicksville to Floral Park and the grade crossing eliminations in Nassau. The ESA project to Grand Central Station will also be a part of his legacy as will the completed portion of the SAS. Notice the pattern here  ? Prince Andrew didn't propose these projects but he will get credit for them. My beef is that he allowed the downgrading of the LIRR between Jamaica and Atlantic Center, or shutdown the idea from being discussed. Another beef I have is the half-assed ESA-SAS fiasco. I blame the Prince and the authority staff here. You are going to bring these new commuters to Grand Central Station and pile them onto the Lexington Avenue line ? Meanwhile some rail fans are applauding a northern and westward connection of the SAS along 125th Street. Instead of heading south of the existing SAS to Grand Central and then south to lower Manhattan. For that reason alone I would blame the Prince and the authority professional folks. I personally have mixed feelings about his departure although his personal failings made it inevitable.  Carry on. 

Edited by Trainmaster5

On 8/21/2021 at 4:02 PM, B35 via Church said:

He'd be a fool to come back... Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me.

The other part of it is that the dude is British, TfL was his first job, and basically has said his current job as head of TfL has always been his dream job.

NYCT was a stepping stone to get there. Cuomo or no Cuomo, he would have left the moment the vacancy for his current job had opened up.

On 8/20/2021 at 4:02 PM, rbrome said:

On 8/21/2021 at 6:10 PM, Trainmaster5 said:

He stops ruining the MTA ? I personally think that is debatable. The authority may answer to the Governor but over the years I think the agency,  through it's long-term staff,  sets the overall agenda, and the Governor picks their own priorities, from that agenda. I go back to the beginning of the (mta) when Rockefeller put Ronan in charge. If I remember correctly neither one had any experience in the field. The professional staff under those gentlemen ran the agency then and they run it now. Most Governors got credit or blame for projects that they had no hand in creating. I believe that LGA AirTrain idea was idiotic on it's face. For that he deserves the blame but,  as arrogant as he is,  I bet that some " professional people " on the agency staff agreed to the plan. Since I now reside in Suffolk County, I'd guess that most people out here appreciate the double track project completed on the Ronkonkoma Branch. I believe that the same thing applies to the Mainline Third Track from Hicksville to Floral Park and the grade crossing eliminations in Nassau. The ESA project to Grand Central Station will also be a part of his legacy as will the completed portion of the SAS. Notice the pattern here  ? Prince Andrew didn't propose these projects but he will get credit for them. My beef is that he allowed the downgrading of the LIRR between Jamaica and Atlantic Center, or shutdown the idea from being discussed. Another beef I have is the half-assed ESA-SAS fiasco. I blame the Prince and the authority staff here. You are going to bring these new commuters to Grand Central Station and pile them onto the Lexington Avenue line ? Meanwhile some rail fans are applauding a northern and westward connection of the SAS along 125th Street. Instead of heading south of the existing SAS to Grand Central and then south to lower Manhattan. For that reason alone I would blame the Prince and the authority professional folks. I personally have mixed feelings about his departure although his personal failings made it inevitable.  Carry on. 

The other part of it is that MTA has been under Cuomo for the better part of 12 years. So there is about 12 years of management that has made its way up only under Cuomo.

I'm not counting chickens before they've hatched.