MTA Motorman lets girlfriend operate train in service!

Lawrence St

1 minute ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

unbelievable. seems to me like dude was trying to impress some mediocre *ussy because this was probably the first female to pay attention to him in Lord knows how long... and now? career done. what's sad to me is that I've seen B/O's throw away their seniority/careers over having baby mommas on a bus line/getting run off of lines/getting run out of depots due to baby momma drama with female co-workers and/or civilians... NEVER thought of no shit like this would be going on downstairs smh

One op in my garage is married and has 3 baby moms on 4 different lines that he’s hiding from now.

5 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

unbelievable. seems to me like dude was trying to impress some mediocre *ussy because this was probably the first female to pay attention to him in Lord knows how long... and now? career done. what's sad to me is that I've seen B/O's throw away their seniority/careers over having baby mommas on a bus line/getting run off of lines/getting run out of depots due to baby momma drama with female co-workers and/or civilians... NEVER thought some shit like this would be going on downstairs smh

Yooo that shit is true??? I thought that was a myth cause I remember a bus operator and a female passenger were arguing the whole trip on the B82 and it got so bad a BSS had to come out and place him out of service.

1 minute ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

One op in my garage is married and has 3 baby moms on 4 different lines that he’s hiding from now.

when i worked at Flatbush, there was a B/O that had "grievances" on the 41, 44, & 49 for the same crap. at 100 street, i legit knew a few B/O's that couldn't work the 101/2/3 for similar "female related grievances" 

22 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Yooo that shit is true?

never a myth. you WILL be pulled out of service by a SLD for conducting personal drama/beef on the clock, especially in passenger service. hell, my ex wife & a bf she had in 100 street (some dumb ass cleaner) were BOTH sent home for drama BEFORE they could even report for duty. this (among other reasons) is why I'd NEVER work in the same depot with my significant other. for the most part, males on this job get caught up by picking up females off the street or dating co-workers, then the bullshit happens and now you have full fledged Maury show drama that management and the union now HAVE to mediate/intervene. females never pick up strays/civilian customers. they'll date other B/O's, AGM's, SLD's, etc. OR come on to the job already married. that's not to say females don't get caught up. there was a SLD that was stalking a female B/O some years back, making crazy threats /threatening to kill himself after she gave him some. at some point, she refused to leave Sheepshead Bay on the 44 because homeboy was "waiting" for her at the Bridge and she was terrified to make the northbound trip. i forget the rest of what happened, but yeah, Transit can be a bit messy.

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

As a T/O it just pisses me off how some commenters are saying, "If she can operate with no training like that, its a low-skilled job that anyone can do."

This isn't just about pushing a train up and down the tracks. Does she know about what to do if she sees a signal with two red dots beneath it? Or how to deal with improper flagging, let alone when it's done right?

And BTW, you can see him helping her hold down the MC in one of the videos. So don't give her all the credit.

21 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

As a T/O it just pisses me off how some commenters are saying, "If she can operate with no training like that, its a low-skilled job that anyone can do."

This isn't just about pushing a train up and down the tracks. Does she know about what to do if she sees a signal with two red dots beneath it? Or how to deal with improper flagging, let alone when it's done right?

And BTW, you can see him helping her hold down the MC in one of the videos. So don't give her all the credit.

You have to look at it from an idiots(news media)POV. Then you have to know that it is a skilled career that people dream of having. We know it’s not just pushing controls. You literally have to look for 8/10 car markers; stations that are longer the 10 will be closer. In hindsight anyone can push that mc forward but the skill comes in on braking, working gt, st, one shot-two shots. Pressing the ATO alerter. Holding the mc down on smee equipment as my gf explained it “my hand is on fire”. Don’t let news media piss you off in that manner brother. Me as a bus op I get people saying all you do is drive and news media always call us train drivers and bus drivers, we are not a drivers, we are operators who took the challenge and succeeded at the craft.

oh not to mention having to stop on the 8/10 for 35+ stops straight, that I give you guys the utmost respect for because you have to learn each station especially fast stations, some stations you can slow without much braking on uphill stations. 

anyone in the transit industry to me we are all brother and sisters all bus ops and train ops. I don’t wave to train ops I salute, if you see that person in a njt uniform doing that, it’s me, and every train op and c/r gives me the nod because it’s them knowing I respect you. 

23 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I will never get why people will post incriminating evidence of themselves on the internet for clout...

https://nypost.com/2021/08/15/cops-seek-mta-motorman-who-let-gal-pal-drive-d-train-in-nyc/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=facebook_app

Just thought I'd add a correction. He's not a Motorman. Actually he's a poor excuse for a Train Operator. Either way the person who sits up front doesn't " drive" a train or bus. The person who sits up front operates the train or bus. Something I learned at the age of six. Carry on.

16 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

You have to look at it from an idiots(news media)POV. Then you have to know that it is a skilled career that people dream of having. We know it’s not just pushing controls. You literally have to look for 8/10 car markers; stations that are longer the 10 will be closer. In hindsight anyone can push that mc forward but the skill comes in on braking, working gt, st, one shot-two shots. Pressing the ATO alerter. Holding the mc down on smee equipment as my gf explained it “my hand is on fire”. Don’t let news media piss you off in that manner brother. Me as a bus op I get people saying all you do is drive and news media always call us train drivers and bus drivers, we are not a drivers, we are operators who took the challenge and succeeded at the craft.

oh not to mention having to stop on the 8/10 for 35+ stops straight, that I give you guys the utmost respect for because you have to learn each station especially fast stations, some stations you can slow without much braking on uphill stations. 

anyone in the transit industry to me we are all brother and sisters all bus ops and train ops. I don’t wave to train ops I salute, if you see that person in a njt uniform doing that, it’s me, and every train op and c/r gives me the nod because it’s them knowing I respect you. 

News media in General are a bunch of morons who don't know what they're talking about.

Prime example, "Brooklyns poorest neighborhoods get stuck with the oldest MTA buses". That wasn't even true, yet it caused the accelerated retirement for the RTS's. Daily News lost my respect after that.

Greg Mocker is by far the only reporter that knows what he's talking about, and he has my respect for that.

11 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

Just thought I'd add a correction. He's not a Motorman. Actually he's a poor excuse for a Train Operator. Either way the person who sits up front doesn't " drive" a train or bus. The person who sits up front operates the train or bus. Something I learned at the age of six. Carry on.

If you’re American. It’s “drive” in the UK, I think. We’re not the UK, but a lot of new uses of words are created from lack of intellectual vigor. Take these for example:

• Semitic languages include Arabic and Hebrew as part of a language family since they are so similar. But antisemitism can only be taken to mean hatred against Jews, which is ironic considering that the Jews’ biggest threat is actually another Semitic group—the Arabs. But you’d never see anti-Arab hate referred to as “antisemitic.”
  • Using “literally” to mean anything but literal, with no replacement word for the lost meaning. Thus, the next generation loses the ability to express that particular thought. Syme would have been very proud.
  • Could of”—no more needs to be said about this.

Linguistic erosion: you can fight it or go along with the flow. In this case, the train operator job will probably be obsolete by the time the lexical shift sets, rendering the debate moot.

13 hours ago, RTOMan said:

The guy was a buff he ran in the buff circle..

Hes known his fellow buff buddies are keeping quiet or cutting ties with him...

11 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

he’s a buff as well, he probably hasn’t stopped crying yet. I’ve seen him not too long ago on a D via 8th Av GO few weeks ago.

On top of basically everything else that's been opined/stated in this thread thus far, this explains a lot.... There's always been the stigma that buffs/foamers, etc. are cornballs that gets no buns... I would not be at all surprised if HE sent this same video to those in his inner circle...

10 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

unbelievable. seems to me like dude was trying to impress some mediocre *ussy because this was probably the first female to pay attention to him in Lord knows how long... and now? career done. what's sad to me is that I've seen B/O's throw away their seniority/careers over having baby mommas on a bus line/getting run off of lines/getting run out of depots due to baby momma drama with female co-workers and/or civilians... NEVER thought some shit like this would be going on downstairs smh

Yep, sad that so many people in general need somebody to validate them.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

News media in General are a bunch of morons who don't know what they're talking about.

Prime example, "Brooklyns poorest neighborhoods get stuck with the oldest MTA buses". That wasn't even true, yet it caused the accelerated retirement for the RTS's. Daily News lost my respect after that.

Greg Mocker is by far the only reporter that knows what he's talking about, and he has my respect for that.

Clayton Guse is a propagandist, Mocker has struck me as a fraud from day one... Leopards don't change their spots.

Edited by B35 via Church

17 hours ago, RTOMan said:

The guy was a buff he ran in the buff circle..

Hes known his fellow buff buddies are keeping quiet or cutting ties with him...

Its a shame too we at times do dumb stuff yes but something like this? As well as let that person operate the train?

Sigh....

This incident has opened up a can of worms that i haven't seen down here in a long time.

How are you? 

As usual,  you are on point with this post.  I met him a couple of times on the job. Good guy, bad decision.  I was hoping that it wouldn't make it to the media... 

Also,  that's not his girlfriend....

12 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Thank you. I needed to hear this. And as someone who failed bus operator training a few years ago, I will say I have 10x as much respect for you bus ops as before then. Your job is arguably even harder than mine. 

12 hours ago, CenSin said:

If you’re American. It’s “drive” in the UK, I think. We’re not the UK, but a lot of new uses of words are created from lack of intellectual vigor. Take these for example:

When you drive a car, you control the motion, the speed, and the direction. You decide to move the car forward or backward,and you decide to turn the car left or right.

A train operator controls whether and how fast the train moves, but the signal system dictates where the train goes (straight or diverge). That is why trains are operated rather than driven.

9 hours ago, SubBus said:

How are you? 

As usual,  you are on point with this post.  I met him a couple of times on the job. Good guy, bad decision.  I was hoping that it wouldn't make it to the media... 

A side chick. If I’m not mistaken he has a wife and 4 kids.

10 hours ago, SubBus said:

How are you? 

Im doing well thank you..

Hope all is well with you..

Im hanging out over here on this Fox Line now..

Think i found a new home five more years then by bye...

Wait what?

16 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

This reminds me of that story a few years ago where a T/O let her kid operate a (4) train along Lexington Av. Anyone else remember that?

She didn't have the child operate that clown was LYING to the Press..

She was telling the child how things work on the train...

I know her she is  well known and respected she would never jeopardize her job that way.

In the End she was exonerated..

Not for nothing, and not excusing anything, but any of you remember how much stuff like this went down at different agencies (less so Transit, but sometimes) pre-9/11? Kids in the cockpit of planes, hell, when I was five or six an engineer from a railroad that won't be named let me sit on her lap and run the controls! Times were different then. Of course, that's kids with an adult holding their hand...not grown-ass adults trying to stunt!

39 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Not for nothing, and not excusing anything, but any of you remember how much stuff like this went down at different agencies (less so Transit, but sometimes) pre-9/11? Kids in the cockpit of planes, hell, when I was five or six an engineer from a railroad that won't be named let me sit on her lap and run the controls! Times were different then. Of course, that's kids with an adult holding their hand...not grown-ass adults trying to stunt!

There's no one to blame here but the train operator because if he was going to do it then you don't have it posted on social media. It's that simple.  The guy had supposedly ten years on the job... How stupid do you have to be to have it posted on social media? Fortunately, no passengers were hurt, but all of this looks bad and because it's in the media, the (MTA) is pretty much forced to address it, esp. now when they're trying to lure riders back onto the subways. Giving people another reason to keep driving.

7 hours ago, RTOMan said:

She didn't have the child operate that clown was LYING to the Press..

She was telling the child how things work on the train...

I know her she is  well known and respected she would never jeopardize her job that way.

In the End she was exonerated..

Wait really? So that dude that took the photo was lying?

People really be going out of their way to ruin someone else's life smh.

4 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

There's no one to blame here but the train operator because if he was going to do it then you don't have it posted on social media. It's that simple.  The guy had supposedly ten years on the job... How stupid do you have to be to have it posted on social media? Fortunately, no passengers were hurt, but all of this looks bad and because it's in the media, the (MTA) is pretty much forced to address it, esp. now when they're trying to lure riders back onto the subways. Giving people another reason to keep driving.

Sure. Why is this a reply to my post?