Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

NJ Transit Board approves $3.5 million contract for new bus line to the Meadowlands

FlxMtroD

Unless I'm missing something, where is the logic in spending 3+ million dollars for a new bus route that would serve MetLife & American Dream from NJT Secaucus RR, when the #356 already exists (albeit temporary suspended right now) that operate{d} between Secaucus RR & American Dream?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Unless I'm missing something, where is the logic in spending 3+ million dollars for a new bus route that would serve MetLife & American Dream from NJT Secaucus RR, when the #356 already exists (albeit temporary suspended right now) that operate{d} between Secaucus RR & American Dream?

I think this is for a study figuring out how to give the 356 its own right of way between those points. (**shrugs**)

55 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I think this is for a study figuring out how to give the 356 its own right of way between those points. (**shrugs**)

Check out the very 1st paragraph/sentence...

"The NJ Transit Board awarded a contract for more than $3.5 million to HNTB Corp. to design a new bus line that could shuttle masses to MetLife stadium and the American Dream Mall in the Meadowlands from Secaucus station."

Now if the board doesn't know about the #356, then there isn't much more to say :lol:

• LMAO! 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 3

On 8/29/2021 at 3:26 PM, B35 via Church said:

Check out the very 1st paragraph/sentence...

"The NJ Transit Board awarded a contract for more than $3.5 million to HNTB Corp. to design a new bus line that could shuttle masses to MetLife stadium and the American Dream Mall in the Meadowlands from Secaucus station."

Now if the board doesn't know about the #356, then there isn't much more to say :lol:

Sometimes NJ Transit makes things more than what they seem. I mean, the #356 is sitting right there. I figure the study is to see how many people would use the service between both sides. Here's an answer:  a lot.

• Upvote 1