Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

NJ Transit Board approves $3.5 million contract for new bus line to the Meadowlands


FlxMtroD
 Share

Recommended Posts

Unless I'm missing something, where is the logic in spending 3+ million dollars for a new bus route that would serve MetLife & American Dream from NJT Secaucus RR, when the #356 already exists (albeit temporary suspended right now) that operate{d} between Secaucus RR & American Dream?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Unless I'm missing something, where is the logic in spending 3+ million dollars for a new bus route that would serve MetLife & American Dream from NJT Secaucus RR, when the #356 already exists (albeit temporary suspended right now) that operate{d} between Secaucus RR & American Dream?

I think this is for a study figuring out how to give the 356 its own right of way between those points. (**shrugs**)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I think this is for a study figuring out how to give the 356 its own right of way between those points. (**shrugs**)

Check out the very 1st paragraph/sentence...

"The NJ Transit Board awarded a contract for more than $3.5 million to HNTB Corp. to design a new bus line that could shuttle masses to MetLife stadium and the American Dream Mall in the Meadowlands from Secaucus station."

Now if the board doesn't know about the #356, then there isn't much more to say :lol:

  • LMAO! 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/29/2021 at 3:26 PM, B35 via Church said:

Check out the very 1st paragraph/sentence...

"The NJ Transit Board awarded a contract for more than $3.5 million to HNTB Corp. to design a new bus line that could shuttle masses to MetLife stadium and the American Dream Mall in the Meadowlands from Secaucus station."

Now if the board doesn't know about the #356, then there isn't much more to say :lol:

Sometimes NJ Transit makes things more than what they seem. I mean, the #356 is sitting right there. I figure the study is to see how many people would use the service between both sides. Here's an answer:  a lot.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.