B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

yes it’s for exam 99929/2302. I took it last week. They immediately weed out the fails. Similar to exam 0100, I guess. They emailed me and said I was not recommended for the position, even before the test scores were out. (BOSS exam)

Is telling you get the 2 shots vaccine for any new hire. Wait untill January for the propose answer sheet then you will definitely know if you pass fail for this exam. 

20 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

That was sent to all candidates. That has nothing to do with passing or failing. 

As mentioned before i have received notice of failure even before test scores were officially out. This was for exam 0100. 

I guess this email I received drummed up PTSD. LoL

Thanks all for the clarification. I hope everyone is right! 😃

Everyone make sure you are fully vaccinated or it will set you back big time.  You have to take the 1st dose then wait 3 weeks for the 2nd + after,  wait another 14 days before you go back to 180 Livingston.  I went in today for Final Processing and was turned away because of not being vaccinated.  Please they’re calling pretty  fast.

10 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Hello all. I’m so glad this thread exists. @Kennedy can you please give details on the medical specifically the eye test? My testing date for exam 2302 is Dec 4.

The eye testing.  They make you look into a device and I think you have to press a button I believe when you see whatever is in there.  I was on medical hold because of health issues.  Had to go to my doctor to get certain documents/test results.  Then after that I have to follow up with NYCT Doctor at 180 Livingston.

17 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

The eye testing.  They make you look into a device and I think you have to press a button I believe when you see whatever is in there.  I was on medical hold because of health issues.  Had to go to my doctor to get certain documents/test results.  Then after that I have to follow up with NYCT Doctor at 180 Livingston.

Thank you!! I thought they make you do the eye chart as well.

51 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Did they do like a hearing exam as well? 

Hi all, I'm brand new here so please forgive any ignorance. I snuck in under the gun today with an app for this vacancy (got my CLP in order & everything). I know it's posted as MTA Bus, but I saw some discussion earlier in the thread about people getting called for NYCT as well? Was that off this vacancy & they're just calling an audible, or was it off an earlier list?

Asking because long-term I'd want to be TA, specifically out of Fresh Pond... and am wondering what path would lead me there. I don't have any delusions about picking into my top-choice depot overnight (although I'm also curious how long it might take) - just want to make sure I'd be getting off on the right foot if I start down this road. Thank you!

1 minute ago, jj3jj3 said:

Hi all, I'm brand new here so please forgive any ignorance. I snuck in under the gun today with an app for this vacancy (got my CLP in order & everything). I know it's posted as MTA Bus, but I saw some discussion earlier in the thread about people getting called for NYCT as well? Was that off this vacancy & they're just calling an audible, or was it off an earlier list?

Asking because long-term I'd want to be TA, specifically out of Fresh Pond... and am wondering what path would lead me there. I don't have any delusions about picking into my top-choice depot overnight (although I'm also curious how long it might take) - just want to make sure I'd be getting off on the right foot if I start down this road. Thank you!

99929 is specifically an mta bus vacancy

Thanks! That's what I figured, just seems to be some overlap earlier in the thread with people talking about getting called for OA as well, taking exams 1100 vs. 2302, etc...

So still curious if anyone has info about the process for transferring to TA eventually, if I did start with MTA Bus - just a wait and see kind of thing?

Appreciate it.

6 minutes ago, jj3jj3 said:

Thanks! That's what I figured, just seems to be some overlap earlier in the thread with people talking about getting called for OA as well, taking exams 1100 vs. 2302, etc...

So still curious if anyone has info about the process for transferring to TA eventually, if I did start with MTA Bus - just a wait and see kind of thing?

Appreciate it.

Well, 2302 IS 99929….individuals ARE getting called as we speak for OA (1100)