B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/30/2021 at 6:41 PM, jj3jj3 said:

Thanks! That's what I figured, just seems to be some overlap earlier in the thread with people talking about getting called for OA as well, taking exams 1100 vs. 2302, etc...

So still curious if anyone has info about the process for transferring to TA eventually, if I did start with MTA Bus - just a wait and see kind of thing?

Appreciate it.

Just pre-employment no probation you keep everything except retirement and seniority 

55 minutes ago, jj3jj3 said:

Thanks, good to know. Any idea if the opportunity to move companies comes up with any regularity, or it's just a crapshoot?

There’s some regularity based on retirements and where they need people. If you just want to work at Fresh Pond, you can apply for both the TA and OA positions and go with whatever calls you first. OA operators can work at TA depots and vice versa. However, if you were to move up to dispatcher for instance, you can only work at depots in your division. OA dispatchers at OA depots, TA at TA. 

If you want the city job and NYCERS pension, then go TA. If you go OA to TA, you will lose your seniority though. 

10 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

There’s some regularity based on retirements and where they need people. If you just want to work at Fresh Pond, you can apply for both the TA and OA positions and go with whatever calls you first. OA operators can work at TA depots and vice versa. However, if you were to move up to dispatcher for instance, you can only work at depots in your division. OA dispatchers at OA depots, TA at TA. 

If you want the city job and NYCERS pension, then go TA. If you go OA to TA, you will lose your seniority though. 

All great to know, thank so much. For now though, the best I can do is take the test for this vacancy and get started with MTA Bus, right? Just got the call to expect the email questionnaire.

5 hours ago, jj3jj3 said:

All great to know, thank so much. For now though, the best I can do is take the test for this vacancy and get started with MTA Bus, right? Just got the call to expect the email questionnaire.

Yeah a foot in the door is a good thing. When you transfer over, you don’t have to redo training and your probation time carries over. 

5 hours ago, jj3jj3 said:

Just get in any division  then if you get the chance and still wants to transfer you'll do it 

• Harry unfeatured this topic
On 11/30/2021 at 7:23 PM, Andy1 said:

Well today 11/30/2021  was the deadline to apply for this here exam "99929-2302" If I'm not mistaken let's hope everyone gets a chance, let's see what tomorrowbrings. The propose answer key should be out in January. Fingers cross. 

Good night everyone.  My co-worker just got called today 12/06-2021 for this MTA exam.  Guys take y’all vaccinations if you’re really interested to move forward.  The vaccine will hold you back.  I’m still waiting here all because of that vaccination.  Have my second shot coming up 12-10-2021 then still have to wait 14 days after that before I get back to them for final processing.

Hey, all. I applied and took the test on 10/24. Just got called today to go for pre employment 12/14. But the problem is that I have been having some neurological symptoms like migraines, panic attacks, etc. They started after I took my vaccine. I want to work for the MTA but don't know if I'm in the condition to drive at the moment. I'm a 35 year old otherwise healthy male. I've been going to a neurologist, and they are trying to figure out what's wrong with me. My question is as follows: is it possible to get another position at the MTA, even though I took only the 2302 bus operator exam? Like should I go in and explain my situation to see if perhaps I can be put on another type of job posting that doesn't require driving? I'm currently taking anti anxiety medication as needed to help with the symptoms. I know that's a big no no with operating a vehicle. Thanks for any help you can offer. God bless all.

31 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Good night everyone.  My co-worker just got called today 12/06-2021 for this MTA exam.  Guys take y’all vaccinations if you’re really interested to move forward.  The vaccine will hold you back.  I’m still waiting here all because of that vaccination.  Have my second shot coming up 12-10-2021 then still have to wait 14 days after that before I get back to them for final processing.

Good night Kennedy. Do you know the time frame of them taking the test and them being called? Congrats to them. 

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Hey Guys I got a text and invite to go to day one of pre-employment process at Livingston. On 12/14/21 Anyone know what will happen on day one? -That was actually fast by the way- will they tell me the score of the exam?

If I had to take an educated guess - no. That's one of the things about these non-Civil Service examinations - the agency can bend the rules, and, at the same time, get away with it. It has it's advantages and disadvantages, and in this case, it's a disadvantage.

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Hey Guys I got a text and invite to go to day one of pre-employment process at Livingston. On 12/14/21 Anyone know what will happen on day one? -That was actually fast by the way- will they tell me the score of the exam?

You will be filling out paperwork and doing a drug screening. 

14 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Good morning.  Forget about the scores, they know your scores and calling according to that.  They just not ready to post those online.  Day 1 is taking the urine/drug test.  Then they will call you 2 to 3 days after for Medical.  Hope you’re fully vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Kennedy said:

Good morning.  Forget about the scores, they know your scores and calling according to that.  They just not ready to post those online.  Day 1 is taking the urine/drug test.  Then they will call you 2 to 3 days after for Medical.  Hope you’re fully vaccinated.

@KennedyThanks. And yes fully vaccinated, going for the 3rd lol 😆 

6 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Is that the 20 page booklet? I just want to be prepared by getting a printout from SSA.

The print out from SS is useless and needs to be revamped with easy to read information as it is now it is only coded and isn’t easy to decipher but I’m not telling you not to purchase the printout also try using the work number