B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

It's really not a matter whether or not I'm serious about getting in, the problem is that I've been having some health issues lately that will make it hard to drive a bus. So I reached out on the forum to see if anyone knew if there was a way that I could--through having taken and passed this exam--be considered for another position that didn't involve driving the bus. Should I speak to someone at the MTA and let them know that I'm having health problems that make it hard for me to drive a bus, but that I'm interested in doing a non driving job?

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NLS1986 said:

It's really not a matter whether or not I'm serious about getting in, the problem is that I've been having some health issues lately that will make it hard to drive a bus. So I reached out on the forum to see if anyone knew if there was a way that I could--through having taken and passed this exam--be considered for another position that didn't involve driving the bus. Should I speak to someone at the MTA and let them know that I'm having health problems that make it hard for me to drive a bus, but that I'm interested in doing a non driving job?

You will have to take other exams that’s meet your needs.

1 hour ago, NLS1986 said:

Wow. damn it sucks that this happened to me. but what can i do? Thanks so much for responding. I needed some sort of guidance. I'm just gonna call them and tell them the truth and take it from there. 

Unless you want to go through the process.  I was on medical hold, have health issues and had to get lots of info and results fro my doctor too, but I was eventually cleared.  Now I don’t know why every time I think I’m moving forward with the next step is like the little things pushing me back.  I will love to ask them what’s the issue.

8 hours ago, Kennedy said:

Unless you want to go through the process.  I was on medical hold, have health issues and had to get lots of info and results fro my doctor too, but I was eventually cleared.  Now I don’t know why every time I think I’m moving forward with the next step is like the little things pushing me back.  I will love to ask them what’s the issue.

I’m sorry you have to go through that. I’m surprised the didn’t let you through after the parking ticket. That’s petty. Did you ask to speak to a supervisor?

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I’m sorry you have to go through that. I’m surprised the didn’t let you through after the parking ticket. That’s petty. Did you ask to speak to a supervisor?

I spoke to the Manager and she said I have to be rescheduled.  I think they were overwhelmed with the amount of people and try to eliminate some.  They were extremely low on staff and seems very frustrated.  One of the lady came into the room and said, someone came in and spread the virus and get us all sick.  Did not understand that.  Why it couldn’t be one of them spread it amongst the staffs.

3 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

I spoke to the Manager and she said I have to be rescheduled.  I think they were overwhelmed with the amount of people and try to eliminate some.  They were extremely low on staff and seems very frustrated.  One of the lady came into the room and said, someone came in and spread the virus and get us all sick.  Did not understand that.  Why it couldn’t be one of them spread it amongst the staffs.

Yes and after sitting there from 9:00 am to after 3 pm to be told, I will not be able to do the drug test because of the parking ticket.  I went in there once before and a guy had a ticket, he rushed out paid it and came back and they took care of him.  This time the Manager told me as long as I leave out to come back I will be rescheduled.  Don’t know which is right/wrong.

2 hours ago, Kennedy said:

Yes and after sitting there from 9:00 am to after 3 pm to be told, I will not be able to do the drug test because of the parking ticket.  I went in there once before and a guy had a ticket, he rushed out paid it and came back and they took care of him.  This time the Manager told me as long as I leave out to come back I will be rescheduled.  Don’t know which is right/wrong.

I thought they check all of that stuff at the beginning. I would have been pissed too that’s almost a work shift. But hopefully they call you back quickly. The drug test is good for 90 days. How long is the medical good for?

29 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I thought they check all of that stuff at the beginning. I would have been pissed too that’s almost a work shift. But hopefully they call you back quickly. The drug test is good for 90 days. How long is the medical good for?

I had no tickets in the beginning but got one 01/3/2022, like 4 days before I went in.  They say things changed, so now if you go in with any parking tickets it’s a problem.   No drug test is good for 30 days and medical is 90 days.  I was medically cleared since.  11/9/2021.

1 minute ago, Kennedy said:

I had no tickets in the beginning but got one 01/3/2022, like 4 days before I went in.  They say things changed, so now if you go in with any parking tickets it’s a problem.   No drug test is good for 30 days and medical is 90 days.  I was medically cleared since.  11/9/2021.

I will definitely update you guys when ever they call me again.  I taught they had shut off for the Christmas holidays,  did not know they were calling people all along.  They have a class coming up I believe this Sunday and one 01/30.  I know for sure January 30, I was told by one of the front desk person there.

Good evening y’all, anyone with a hearing loss doing this process? Also what do they do for the hearing test. Last question, I got a hand written ticket on 12/31/21. It is not yet posted online to be paid. Is there a place near 180 Livingston that I can go to pay before heading over to my appointment? Thanks for any information.

5 hours ago, mrtrini868 said:

Good evening y’all, anyone with a hearing loss doing this process? Also what do they do for the hearing test. Last question, I got a hand written ticket on 12/31/21. It is not yet posted online to be paid. Is there a place near 180 Livingston that I can go to pay before heading over to my appointment? Thanks for any information.

You can pay on the official app of the New York City Department of Finance you can download it on the App Store if you have an iPhone not sure about android it’s called NYC Pay or Dispute 

Edited by Suydam Street

4 minutes ago, mrtrini868 said:

Yeah I know about the app, issue is that my ticket is not showing up on the website or the app. So I will have to go in person to pay before heading to 180 

Good night.  I went to 66 John street it’s downtown Manhattan.  Maybe you can look up and see if there is one closer.    it’s Department of Finance.  And they will be able to pull it up.  Please and make sure you pay that before going in, otherwise you wasting your time and you have to go home and wait for them to contact you again.  You don’t want to lose your place.  Good luck.

17 minutes ago, mrtrini868 said:

Yeah I know about the app, issue is that my ticket is not showing up on the website or the app. So I will have to go in person to pay before heading to 180 

Or Department of Finance 210 Joralemon Street which is closer to 180 Livingston street.  Go there they will be able to pull it up right away.  

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Did you call?

Yea no answer….. just ringing. Since I already have my CDL I’m putting in for USPS Motor Vehicles Operator. I still want this though but I’m trying to take my mind off of being annoyed with the lack of communication.

Hello,

I'm scheduled to take my exam on February 2nd. I have my commercial learner permit, but I do not have the passenger endorsement. I scheduled the test for the endorsement at the dmv for this Saturday. Do I need this endorsement before exam day?

Thank you

32 minutes ago, Mark1989 said:

Hello,

I'm scheduled to take my exam on February 2nd. I have my commercial learner permit, but I do not have the passenger endorsement. I scheduled the test for the endorsement at the dmv for this Saturday. Do I need this endorsement before exam day?

Thank you

yes. The prescreening text /requirements spelled it out. It’s very specific. 

Edited by BOO3

For anyone who had to go back down to 180 Livingston after the first drug test has expired. Did you have to fill out the employment application again or did they just refer to the previous one you brought the first time? I’m going down on Monday so I’m curious to know.