B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

7 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

If you applied for this position, chances are you got a voicemail earlier inviting you to take a Google Answer sheet about your permit status. After completing it, you are required to show up on Oct 23/24th for the test if you pass the pre-screening.

As of this typing, I didn't receive anything about this in my e-mail. If you can keep me, and the rest of us updated, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@+Young+ Just spoke with the exam unit as well as someone else, apparently the operator shortage is VERY bad within MTA Bus right now, you may be called as soon as you finish the test (depending on your list number). 

I was told after you submit the responses, you will be given the location to take the test and that it is FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED. The faster you get through the process the faster you get hired.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:51 PM, Mohamed said:

I see they posted this exam again yesterday (Oct 1) and they first posted September 20 and I applied on September 22 but I didn't receive no email or phone call, but I'm seeing some did. 

Me too, and when I tried to apply again, I get an error message stating that I already applied...we'll see what happens as time progresses...

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Keep inquiring, don't make the same mistake I did where I sent one email and never followed up.

Copy. I just sent them two more inquiries from two different e-mail addresses.

We'll see what happens. Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it.

5 hours ago, Mohamed said:

if you dont mind me asking whats the email. so i email them as well 

The e-mail address is examsunit@nyct.com. Keep in mind that this was the second time I sent them an e-mail, and then they decided to get back to me.

11 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Keep inquiring, don't make the same mistake I did where I sent one email and never followed up.

You know what's funny? I took your advice, they sent me a link (https://forms.gle/x986S9QpSuhF4qVd9), and when I click on it, as you can see in the image below, the deadline was Sunday, October 4th, 2021, in which I was not able to complete the additional screening! Interesting, right?

For the other members that are reading this, if you folks can click on the link above and verify this for me, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Deadline_Forums.jpg

Edited by +Young+