B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

On 2/17/2022 at 3:59 PM, Andy1 said:

They don't even answer the phone or any of our e-mails , 😒 🙄 you think they will read the policy 😅. Lol

I need appointment to get rid of the hold and they're not answering the phone or emails what should I do?

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/4/2022 at 1:29 AM, Scr100 said:

Thank you for all the advice and encouragement. I have waited on this for some time so I’m going to move in faith and go all in. Blessings to everyone during this process and thereafter. 

Good afternoon I hope all went well with the medical? Did they mention anything about the 3/13 class being canceled?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 2:09 PM, chadmaster813 said:

I went in for pre emploment drug test on the 11th of december and i got a call on december 17th but i wasnt vacinated so i got the 1 does same day 17th dec , and have been trying to get in contact with somebody now for days , i have called every number and emailed every nyct email i could find i just wanna know whats next considering i had everything except my vacine and now im vacinated what happens next no answer i have called everyday , no answer ? anyone know another means to get in contact with them ? i call and email between the times that they are supposed to be available , it just rings or sounds like its off the hook.

Did you ever get through? If so, how? @chadmaster813

Edited by Kenstyles

received a email from Ronald St. Jean to come in and take the physical exam and drug test to which I passed both for the bus operator position exam #2302 then when I was turning in my application the lady at the front desk said I needed to return with disposition information from my past criminal cases and to email the Ronald St. Jean when I got my documents ready I emailed the guy several times and he has been yet to respond with instructions on what I should do to move forward and that was about a month ago is there anybody else I can contact besides him because he is unresponsive to his emails 

Actually he did respond once and asked for my list number at the time I didn't have it I sent it to him that same day and he never responded back to me again 

My situation is that I had went to 180 Livingston on Feb.28 for day 1 of processing. After handing in my application and other documents for bus operator #2302 list 400's I was told I had to reschedule because I had indicated on the application I had a pending minor violation. The clerk told me  to resolve the violation and bring in the receipt. After doing so it has been difficult to contact them. I have called, emailed them several times but no response. I also went back down to 180 Livingston a week later an was met in the front by the security guard by an hr employee who took and stamped my reschedule form. He told me he would turn my form in himself, but could not confirm went they will contact me back. He said keep checking your emails. So far it has been a month and have not heard anything. Just trying to get info on my status. Will I be called back or not?

@Aa3223 

yep sound about rigth. Just keep trying to give them a call or leave a message. Eventually they will listen, everyone is going to something with this people; Lost social, sleep apnea doctor. Points or no point just keep trying. By the way having sleep apnea does not disqualified you. You just have to follow with the doc, and their MTA physician. 

Good evening all, anyone been called in the last 1-2 weeks for final processing for 2302? March 1st I got my medical hold cleared plus did drug test. Still haven’t gotten a email yet. Every time I call to find out, I’m told they are not taking anyone for 2302 and to call back in 2 weeks. 

• 3 months later...

Applied on November 30, 2021.

Took Exam on February 1, 2022.

Day 1 of Processing at 180 Livingston - July 1, 2022.

Final Processing/Medical at 180 Livingston - July 13, 2022.

Had to clear a medical hold so...

I start Training at Zerega - August 1, 2022. 😬

• 1 month later...
Just now, Kennedy said:

I’m 7 months in.  Everything seems complicated in the beginning but was told with time on the job it’s great.  I’m hanging in there.

It’s just a lot of double parking to deal with driving in Brooklyn and the narrow streets.  Have to constantly pull over for the other bus or big vehicles to get by in some streets.  Especially the B60 and B38.  If you can pick a Depot in the City do so.  More rooms to drive and bus lanes.  Most of Brooklyn don’t have bus lanes to drive in making it so much more difficult and horrible people doubled park and refuse to make.  Oh and don’t forget the entitled folks that just jump on and off.

1 minute ago, Kennedy said:

It’s just a lot of double parking to deal with driving in Brooklyn and the narrow streets.  Have to constantly pull over for the other bus or big vehicles to get by in some streets.  Especially the B60 and B38.  If you can pick a Depot in the City do so.  More room to drive and bus lanes.  Most of Brooklyn don’t have bus lanes to drive in making it so much more difficult and horrible people doubled park and refuse to move.  Oh and don’t forget the entitled folks that just jump on and off.

• +Young+ unpinned this topic