B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

16 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

The e-mail address is examsunit@nyct.com. Keep in mind that this was the second time I sent them an e-mail, and then they decided to get back to me.

You know what's funny? I took your advice, they sent me a link (https://forms.gle/x986S9QpSuhF4qVd9), and when I click on it, as you can see in the image below, the deadline was Sunday, October 4th, 2021, in which I was not able to complete the additional screening! Interesting, right?

For the other members that are reading this, if you folks can click on the link above and verify this for me, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Deadline_Forums.jpg

That's crazy... Sunday was the 3rd. My link said 10/03/2021 so that's messed up.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

The e-mail address is examsunit@nyct.com. Keep in mind that this was the second time I sent them an e-mail, and then they decided to get back to me.

You know what's funny? I took your advice, they sent me a link (https://forms.gle/x986S9QpSuhF4qVd9), and when I click on it, as you can see in the image below, the deadline was Sunday, October 4th, 2021, in which I was not able to complete the additional screening! Interesting, right?

For the other members that are reading this, if you folks can click on the link above and verify this for me, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Deadline_Forums.jpg

I have no words. That is beyond unacceptable...

Also, October 4th is a Monday which is today...

Edited by Lawrence St

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

@+Young+ I've also emailed the exam unit again to make SURE they know I filled out the questionnaire and they haven't responded. This is the 3rd email I'm resending again.

@Lawrence St Copy. I just sent them another email with the same message...we'll see what happens as time progresses.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:40 PM, Lawrence St said:

If you applied for this position, chances are you got a voicemail earlier inviting you to take a Google Answer sheet about your permit status. After completing it, you are required to show up on Oct 23/24th for the test if you pass the pre-screening.

Has anyone gotten the invitation after filling out the questionnaire ?

On 9/29/2021 at 4:31 PM, Lawrence St said:

@+Young+ Just spoke with the exam unit as well as someone else, apparently the operator shortage is VERY bad within MTA Bus right now, you may be called as soon as you finish the test (depending on your list number). 

I was told after you submit the responses, you will be given the location to take the test and that it is FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED. The faster you get through the process the faster you get hired.

WHAT? As soon as you finish the test? That’s historic!!!!!!

and @+Young+ this is the BOSS that they’re making everyone take?

3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

@Lawrence Stcan you let me know when you do and I’ll do the same?

Yup!

3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

When I tell you it's bad, I mean its baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. @Via Garibaldi 8 knows since a lot of the Bronx /Queens runs have been getting cut since there are no drivers.

57 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Yup!

When I tell you it's bad, I mean its baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. @Via Garibaldi 8 knows since a lot of the Bronx /Queens runs have been getting cut since there are no drivers.

Right now, the biggest shortages are on Staten Island and out of Spring Creek (Queens Division), then the Bronx and then Queens, at least on the express side anyway. Supposedly another class is coming on, but last I spoke with the (MTA) about this they said they were continuing to comb over their lists to hire as quickly as possible. Spring Creek is one of the worst right now because it has part-timers, so that's a revolving door (has been since they started that).

As far as Staten Island goes, dispatch works daily to try to focus on gaps in service. I have a Bronx dispatcher in my group that is trying to keep folks up-to-date with unannounced Bronx cancelled trips, especially on weekends. 

11 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

and @+Young+ this is the BOSS that they’re making everyone take?

If you look at the bottom of the second page of the Job Vacancy Notice, which can be viewed here, it says the following:

Selection Method / Admission Letter:
Candidates being considered for this position must take a multiple-choice test that may include questions on the following abilities:
Understanding written sentences or paragraphs; using English words or sentences in writing; remembering visual information using short-term memory; determining when something is wrong or likely to go wrong; applying general rules to specific problems to come up with logical answers; combining separate pieces of information, or specific answers to problems to form general rules or conclusions; following a set of rules in a certain order; reading and understanding bus routes and locations on a map; and imagining how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.

Therefore, based on this information, which includes a memory section, it sounds like they are giving a regular exam. The only difference is that no score will be given as far as how well you did - it will just be a pass/fail option. As far as the BOSS (Bus Operator Selection Survey) exam, they may give it, since they were sneaky enough to include it when they administered the 9618 exam without mentioning anything in the Notice of Examination,  however we'll see what happens.

Since they are giving a "regular" examination, from my perspective, the best way to prepare for this would be to use the NYPD Test Preparation Kits, which can be found here and here. Just make sure you take the memorization portion seriously!!

7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Yup, but I don't think it's random like MaBSTOA. It will go in the order people submitted responses for the google form.

2 hours ago, Mohamed said:

I applied September 22 and I got nothing neither idk what's going on 

@Lawrence St, did you say "in the order people submitted responses for the google form?" I just sent them another e-mail, because, when I click on the link that was provided to me, as you can tell from looking below, I got an error message! Therefore, just like @Mohamed said, "I don't know what's going on" as well, especially with me...

Deadline_Forums.jpg

5 hours ago, BOO3 said:

I applied on 10/3/21.  I never got the questionnaire. Did I miss the boat!?

Since the examination on October 23rd and 24th is full of candidates, and since the application period is open until November 30th, you will be included in the next examination, whenever this takes place.

37 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

If you look at the bottom of the second page of the Job Vacancy Notice, which can be viewed here, it says the following:

Selection Method / Admission Letter:
Candidates being considered for this position must take a multiple-choice test that may include questions on the following abilities:
Understanding written sentences or paragraphs; using English words or sentences in writing; remembering visual information using short-term memory; determining when something is wrong or likely to go wrong; applying general rules to specific problems to come up with logical answers; combining separate pieces of information, or specific answers to problems to form general rules or conclusions; following a set of rules in a certain order; reading and understanding bus routes and locations on a map; and imagining how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.

Therefore, based on this information, which includes a memory section, it sounds like they are giving a regular exam. The only difference is that no score will be given as far as how well you did - it will just be a pass/fail option. As far as the BOSS (Bus Operator Selection Survey) exam, they may give it, since they were sneaky enough to include it when they administered the 9618 exam without mentioning anything in the Notice of Examination,  however we'll see what happens.

Since they are giving a "regular" examination, from my perspective, the best way to prepare for this would be to use the NYPD Test Preparation Kits, which can be found here and here. Just make sure you take the memorization portion seriously!!

@Lawrence St, did you say "in the order people submitted responses for the google form?" I just sent them another e-mail, because, when I click on the link that was provided to me, as you can tell from looking below, I got an error message! Therefore, just like @Mohamed said, "I don't know what's going on" as well, especially with me...

Deadline_Forums.jpg

Thanks , so they’re most likely not hiring you same day as we thought

8 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

Thanks , so they’re most likely not hiring you same day as we thought

No not same day, that would be historic lmao. It will be in the order people complete the exam. It *MAY* be sped up because of the shortage, but imo, since the last MTA Bus Exam thread seems to be quiet, it will be fast.

Also, I highly suggest EVERYONE that did not get the Google form (excluding those of you that recently applied), to email the exam unit and tell them the problem. 

28 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

No not same day, that would be historic lmao. It will be in the order people complete the exam. It *MAY* be sped up because of the shortage, but imo, since the last MTA Bus Exam thread seems to be quiet, it will be fast.

Also, I highly suggest EVERYONE that did not get the Google form (excluding those of you that recently applied), to email the exam unit and tell them the problem. 

good advice; already done it. Awaiting reply… But as Young as mentioned it may be that we’re included in the “next examination”. Total bummer I know but from my experience it could very well be in 4-6 months time. 

Just now, BOO3 said:

good advice; already done it. Awaiting reply… But as Young as mentioned it may be that we’re included in the “next examination”. Total bummer I know but from my experience it could very well be in 4-6 months time. 

But if we did the survey were good right?

40 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

I click on a Google link someone had mention on here but they are asking for a applicant ID but I didn't receive a email with that info just the email that said I had applied for the job. What should I do?

same here. I never got a applicant ID either. 

1 hour ago, BOO3 said:

same here. I never got a applicant ID either. 

I email the exam unit today and I got a email back about the form to fill out stating my license info but no applicant ID listed.

Also I don't have a cdl permit at the moment, which I am currently studying for 

Wish I did this a while back, so happen to be now they posted the bus conductor job up