B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

Well I got the test site for 10/ 24.

As long as you get in. In the times we live in...can't be picking and choosing. How ever. I'm still waiting for MaBSTOA to call call back after the pre-employment package. So who ever call first I Guess. Location what ever is closer to home will be nice. I'm sure every one wants that. But if they all merging that would be a great deal.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

It will, pay will be retro to current TA rate, insurance is similar and the passes can be used on all transportation now.  You still get paid for half your swing and a dollar extra for artic instead of 2 so basically similar

The pension is less than a TA position but our rate is the same as the local 100 depots and the artic differential is 2 dollar just like TA as long as you are in a local 100 mta bus depot 

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Anyone got a sample test?

If you look at the bottom of the second page of the Job Vacancy Notice, the nine [9] different abilities that are listed can be found in this NYPD Test Preparation Kit. My only piece of advice is to take the memorization portion seriously. This normally screws a lot of people in one capacity or another.

Good luck!!

13 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

@+Young+ I got a call from a non-NYCT number saying I can't take both scheduled tests for MTA Bus & MaBSTOA. Is this true? Sounds fishy to me.

I was told I take the exam this Sat and whatever I score will be applied to both exams.

I'd email the exams unit to sort it out

7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

@+Young+ I got a call from a non-NYCT number saying I can't take both scheduled tests for MTA Bus & MaBSTOA. Is this true? Sounds fishy to me.

I was told I take the exam this Sat and whatever I score will be applied to both exams.

The first part of your post also sounds "fishy" to me as well. The second part of your post makes the most sense, considering the shortage of CDL drivers that the United States currently has.

23 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

They’re probably talking about the BOSS exam that you take. You only have to take it once and it will be applied across all the bus op titles for the year. 

I have been given the run around since Monday. I have completed the survey, and even sent pic attachments as proof, and finally at 630pm on a Friday evening the exam-unit is asking me for my license!!! Why didn’t they ask for this at the very beginning! They just kept telling me to wait to be contacted and now I have missed the upcoming 10/24/21 exam date.