B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

How positive are you …..today is MTA bus and next week is mabstoa

Only TA give you comprehensive competitor test. OA and MTA Bus only gives "Bus Operators Selective Survey". To pass that survey, your answer has to match multiple times. There's no wrong or right answers but.......Imagine you're being interviewed, how would you like to be viewed as an employee. "Hint: Make yourself look good" 

Just now, Flatbush Operator said:

Only TA give you comprehensive competitor test. OA and MTA Bus only gives "Bus Operators Selective Survey". To pass that survey, your answer has to match multiple times. There's no wrong or right answers but.......Imagine you're being interviewed, how would you like to be viewed as an employee. "Hint: Make yourself look good" 

I have my wife studying for the damn actual test 

What a BOSS questionnaire looks like...

1.I am a very Tidy person.

A.  Strongly Agree 

B.  Agree 

C.  Neutral

D. Disagree

E. Strongly Disagree

2. I sometimes misplace things

A. Strongly Agree

B. Agree

C. Neutral

D. Disagree

E. Strongly Disagree

If you really pay attention to the questions, It was already asked but formatted or rephrase differently. If your answer doesn't match or go against the opposite of what you answered before based on the question. That's how you fail. One question may be repeated multiple times, but rephrased or reworded differently. 

**3. Police officers always gives out fines for no reason**

A. Strongly Agree

B. Agree

C. Neutral

D. Disagree

E. Strongly Disagree

2 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

Who said it was the boss……thought it was the regular test

2 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

I hope you’re right and it is the boss but based on the NOE it seems like a real test

I agree, especially as I look at the bottom of the second page of the Job Vacancy Notice, however we'll find out tomorrow!

2 hours ago, Flatbush Operator said:

What a BOSS questionnaire looks like...

1.I am a very Tidy person.

A.  Strongly Agree 

B.  Agree 

C.  Neutral

D. Disagree

E. Strongly Disagree

2. I sometimes misplace things

A. Strongly Agree

B. Agree

C. Neutral

D. Disagree

E. Strongly Disagree

If you really pay attention to the questions, It was already asked but formatted or rephrase differently. If your answer doesn't match or go against the opposite of what you answered before based on the question. That's how you fail. One question may be repeated multiple times, but rephrased or reworded differently. 

**3. Police officers always gives out fines for no reason**

A. Strongly Agree

B. Agree

C. Neutral

D. Disagree

E. Strongly Disagree

So basically...common sense?

The test being administered today and maybe tomorrow is not the BOSS it is the same test that they give for the TA Bus Operator title I will speculate that this might be how it’s done going forward as part of consolidation just my take 

they also give you the canary yellow paper to jot down your answers for when it comes time for them to post the proposed answer key 

20 minutes ago, Suydam Street said:

The test being administered today and maybe tomorrow is not the BOSS it is the same test that they give for the TA Bus Operator title I will speculate that this might be how it’s done going forward as part of consolidation just my take 

they also give you the canary yellow paper to jot down your answers for when it comes time for them to post the proposed answer key 

Thank you for this important information. I know that for the TA Bus Operator title, you need to obtain a 70% or better to pass, however nothing to this nature is stated in the Job Vacancy Notice. Did they mention a passing score or anything to that nature?

Again, thank you for posting this important information.

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

22 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Thank you for this important information. I know that for the TA Bus Operator title, you need to obtain a 70% or better to pass, however nothing to this nature is stated in the Job Vacancy Notice. Did they mention a passing score or anything to that nature?

Again, thank you for posting this important information.

They did not and I can confirm it is the TA test 

7 hours ago, Flatbush Operator said:

That’s not true.  I did exam 1100 and it’s OA which was the real test.  My sister is OA working 3+ years now and it was the survey she took at that time.  When I told her I took the real test she said they probably change it now.

7 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

I have my wife studying for the damn actual test 

If it’s exam 1100 it’s the real test.  I did not study and I already got called for pre-employment process.  And I don’t have a list number to know how well I did on the test.  Did mine 10/09/2921

2 hours ago, Suydam Street said:

If it says walk with calculator, then it’s the real test.  I did both survey and real test previously.  I just did exam 1100 which was the real test.