B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

But if we did the survey were good right?

I think so...surprisingly, I just got an e-mail stating that the deadline has been extended to October 8th (Friday) for me to fill out the Google Survey, which I just did. So we'll see what happens...

1 hour ago, Mohamed said:

I just filled it out stating I don't have a cdl permit and the passenger endorsement, I'll just work on getting those first. 

If you read the first page of the Job Vacancy Notice, which you can do so by clicking here, they are doing things differently now, at least for this particular examination.

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

33 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

I think so...surprisingly, I just got an e-mail stating that the deadline has been extended to October 8th (Friday) for me to fill out the Google Survey, which I just did. So we'll see what happens...

If you read the first page of the Job Vacancy Notice, which you can do so by clicking here, they are doing things differently now, at least for this particular examination.

Yea definitely different, and it was just a short notice and I need to study and make sure I pass rhe permit and those endorsement exams.  But my thing Is what would happen if I end up getting that way later after the exam date 

Also sorry to go off topic but does anyone know about the other jobs that's posted on that website where you guys applied for thr bus conductor.

Track workers and train conductor were posted too like two weeks ago. Why I ask because I applied for those two and all it saying is I pass pre-screening and no further update on those 

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Good, all those emails helped.

@STtoMTA did your wife get a confirmation email about submitting her answers? I didn't get one.

15 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Since the examination on October 23rd and 24th is full of candidates, and since the application period is open until November 30th, you will be included in the next examination, whenever this takes place.

Didn’t miss the boat after all! LoL. I got the telephone call and text. Will be filling out the questionnaire soon. Hope to see you all on the day of test! (especially Young*, shout-out for all your advice and help) 

7 hours ago, Mohamed said:

But my thing Is what would happen if I end up getting that way later after the exam date 

You would be disqualified. If you don't have the CDL (Commercial Drivers License) or the CLP (Commercial Learners Permit), you will not be able to continue.

7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Good, all those emails helped.

They sure did.

I got a text and call yesterday but no Email. My nephew also apply around the same time he got everything. I wrote to the exam unit email with all my info and even the day I apply. 

You guys think they will get back to me with the survey email and id #? On time !?  

9 hours ago, +Young+ said:

As long as we submitted our responses on time, we should be good...

So guess what happened today?

As a result of my initial e-mail to the "Exams Unit" back on September 29th, which I thought they ignored, they sent me a reply with another link to another additional pre-screening (https://forms.gle/4CFewHGJTnPr5Qm19). In addition, in the e-mail and on the additional pre-screening form, it states that the examination will be given on October 24th on a first come-first serve basis. We'll see what happens.

Good luck everyone!!

9 hours ago, +Young+ said:

So guess what happened today?

As a result of my initial e-mail to the "Exams Unit" back on September 29th, which I thought they ignored, they sent me a reply with another link to another additional pre-screening (https://forms.gle/4CFewHGJTnPr5Qm19). In addition, in the e-mail and on the additional pre-screening form, it states that the examination will be given on October 24th on a first come-first serve basis. We'll see what happens.

Good luck everyone!!

Looks like they're rushing this exam as the need in MTA bus company is high, from my perspective. 

20 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

You know it. We are extremely short. I’ve been doing a second half almost every day and working RDO. 

We had 3 new operators come in the other day and from what I've heard from a supt we're getting another 12 in two weeks. 

1 hour ago, -Galan- said:

You know there's ALWAYS OT. I over heard some "senior" guys the other day saying"all these damn probies gonna get all my OT" 

I like OT as much as the next guy, but I hope I don't experience this kind of toxic behavior from senior guys on the job. 

I know guys that are Bus Operator‘s and they always tell the new guys don’t do the overtime. You are on probation for a year and if something happens on the road the transit will turn around and blame you. And they will try to fire you. When you get off probation then do all the overtime you can if that’s what you want to do. Save your job now and make the money later. 

3 hours ago, -Galan- said:

You know there's ALWAYS OT. I over heard some "senior" guys the other day saying"all these damn probies gonna get all my OT" 

2 hours ago, contor said:

I know guys that are Bus Operator‘s and they always tell the new guys don’t do the overtime. You are on probation for a year and if something happens on the road the transit will turn around and blame you. And they will try to fire you. When you get off probation then do all the overtime you can if that’s what you want to do. Save your job now and make the money later. 

That is 100% true. Don’t put the extra risk on yourself. It’s not worth it. Although I did do Some OT during probation but I got extremely lucky and never had an incident. Another guy in my class wasn’t so lucky. Had an accident while doing OT and they did fire him. So you have to weigh the pros and cons. To be honest there is so much open work at CPT that there is no way it’s going to dry up.