B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

52 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

awaiting for my test on 10/26 but quick question tho... I remembered I got into a minor accident last year. Will this prevent me from getting hired? 

**first accident in 25 years after owning 11 cars. =\**

No. But be honest about it. When you’re completing paperwork, there will be a section for accidents. List it and they will ask you about it. You should be fine. 

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I like OT as much as the next guy, but I hope I don't experience this kind of toxic behavior from senior guys on the job. 

Damn, my OT gonna disappear soon. The majority of seniors mean it as a joke but they turn out to be good people. OT dries up at the beginning of the year usually and then it comes back.  Flip side tho, new students mean people to line train, which is still money. 

On 10/8/2021 at 10:08 PM, +Young+ said:

So guess what happened today?

As a result of my initial e-mail to the "Exams Unit" back on September 29th, which I thought they ignored, they sent me a reply with another link to another additional pre-screening (https://forms.gle/4CFewHGJTnPr5Qm19). In addition, in the e-mail and on the additional pre-screening form, it states that the examination will be given on October 24th on a first come-first serve basis. We'll see what happens.

Good luck everyone!!

First come first serve? Does that mean once I get the response back with the exam site. I should show up 5 hours early???? @+Young+

Edited by Andy1

On 10/6/2021 at 9:10 AM, Mohamed said:

I click on a Google link someone had mention on here but they are asking for a applicant ID but I didn't receive a email with that info just the email that said I had applied for the job. What should I do?

same for me still waiting, I applied on Oct 6

On 10/9/2021 at 8:09 AM, -Galan- said:

Looks like they're rushing this exam as the need in MTA bus company is high, from my perspective. 

On 10/9/2021 at 9:05 AM, lornaevo said:

You know it. We are extremely short. I’ve been doing a second half almost every day and working RDO. 

As far as rushing the exam and being extremely short, if you look at the attached image, which can also be viewed here, the agency recently published an advertisement for this on their Facebook page, which, as far as I remember, is the first time they have ever done this. Therefore, we'll see what happens as time progresses.

15 hours ago, Andy1 said:

First come first serve? Does that mean once I get the response back with the exam site. I should show up 5 hours early???? @+Young+

As far as showing up five hours early, I would use common sense and take it from there. If the administration of this examination is going to be similar to the examinations they have administered in the past before COVID-19, this is what is going to happen:

They usually rent out a public high school. Lately, for a large number of applicants, it has been Midwood High School or Franklin K. Lane High School in Brooklyn, however I do remember reporting to P.S. 248 Brooklyn (NYC Transit's Learning Center) for one or two examinations in which the number of applicants wasn't as high. When you proceed to the "designated" entrance to the building, after they check to make sure you have your CDL (Commercial Drivers License) or your CLP (Commercial Learners Permit), which is what the bottom of the second page of the Job Vacancy Notification states, you will receive a "seating card" to a classroom and seat number. Normally they fill up the top floor first, such as the fourth floor, followed by the third, followed by the second, followed by the first, and then they will start the examination with the short-term memory section, if there is going to be one.

Therefore, like I said, I would use "common sense" and take it from there. Once you receive your admission letter, if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

MTA Bus Operator Facebook Posting.jpg

2 hours ago, kc204 said:

Got a notification for my exam date. Question; does this exam give me the possibility of running out of Staten Island / Brooklyn / Manhattan? Or are these mainly Queens routes?

Mostly queens, however CPT is a huge express depot so be prepared for Queens to Manhattan work. 

9 hours ago, lornaevo said:

Mostly queens, however CPT is a huge express depot so be prepared for Queens to Manhattan work. 

So I finally got my 1st Survey and the id that they send, funny this came after I wrote 2 letters to them. 

Now i got a second email replying back, with the same survey and the same id.

That's twice I did this survey...In a way I'm glad they send me my survey twice I might add, but....

How long will they decide to send the admittance letter to the actual exam? I really hope they look at this surveys...for the love of God...=)

On 10/13/2021 at 12:55 PM, kc204 said:

Got a notification for my exam date. Question; does this exam give me the possibility of running out of Staten Island / Brooklyn / Manhattan? Or are these mainly Queens routes?

@kc204How long did you wait to get the email with the exam date, after you submitted the survey?

23 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Now i got a second email replying back, with the same survey and the same id.

That's twice I did this survey...In a way I'm glad they send me my survey twice I might add, but....

How long will they decide to send the admittance letter to the actual exam? I really hope they look at this surveys...for the love of God...=)

You're not the only one. I also got a second email as well, so we'll see what happens...

For everyone taking this exam and MaBSTOA #1100, I highly suggest you think about what position you want to go for as each division will be restricted to what you can do along with the benefits.

If you decide to go with MTA Bus:

You will be restricted to the former private lines depots, including, Yonkers, Eastchester, College Point, LaGuardia, & Rockaway. IIRC, the pension for this position isn't as great as regular MTA but still good. Most of MTA Bus is full of the EXPRESS LINES which means you will be driving a majority of the D4500's.

If you decide to go with MaBSTOA:

You will be restricted to the following depots; Kingsbridge, Gun Hill, West Farms, Jackie Gleason, Flatbush, Grand Av, Ulmer Park, ENY, Mother Clara Hill, Manhattanville, Quill & Tuskegee.

Edited by Lawrence St

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

For everyone taking this exam and MaBSTOA #1100, I highly suggest you think about what position you want to go for as each division will be restricted to what you can do along with the benefits.

Could always cross over tho 

13 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Pardon my ignorance but I don’t understand…you wrote “if u decide to go with MTA Bus … the pension for this position isn't as great as regular MTA.”

Please clarify. Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, BOO3 said:

Pardon my ignorance but I don’t understand…you wrote “if u decide to go with MTA Bus … the pension for this position isn't as great as regular MTA.”

Please clarify. Thanks. 

I'm told that the petition for MTA Bus is less then the one for NYCT or MaBSTOA, but that was a few years ago. Not sure if the upcoming merge will fix fix problem.

9 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I'm told that the petition for MTA Bus is less then the one for NYCT or MaBSTOA, but that was a few years ago. Not sure if the upcoming merge will fix fix problem.

It will, pay will be retro to current TA rate, insurance is similar and the passes can be used on all transportation now.  You still get paid for half your swing and a dollar extra for artic instead of 2 so basically similar