B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• +Young+ changed the title to Bus Operators Job Posting ID #99929 - Apply until November 30th, 2021

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

That link is also invalid and nothing shows up on the careers site.

The reason why is because the application period starts Monday. I'm just wondering if anybody has any information in regards to this before the application period opens up.

Just now, Lawrence St said:

Right, skip a whole test (#1100) and hire new people. No wonder they have a bus op shortage, they're all over the place with hiring.

Yeah it seems kinda weird for them to open a new application period. I’m sure they didn’t exhaust 0100 yet. And 1100 hasn’t even don’t the exam. 

17 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

Yeah it seems kinda weird for them to open a new application period. I’m sure they didn’t exhaust 0100 yet. And 1100 hasn’t even don’t the exam. 

Yup. They told me they would do the exam in the summer and it's fall already.

I dont know why they can't call off both lists continually.

• +Young+ changed the title to Bus Operators Job Posting ID #99929 - MTA Bus Company

So this is for MTA Bus Company. As I just applied myself, what's interesting to note is that you have to fill out a questionnaire, which includes whether you have the Commercial Drivers License (CDL) or the Commercial Learners Permit (CLP).

If you wish to apply, you can click here, and, if you want to read more about the position, which is similar to those Notice of Examinations, you can click here.

Good luck!!

• SevenEleven changed the title to Bus Operators Job Posting ID #99929 - MTA Bus Company F/T
12 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

So this is for MTA Bus Company. As I just applied myself, what's interesting to note is that you have to fill out a questionnaire, which includes whether you have the Commercial Drivers License (CDL) or the Commercial Learners Permit (CLP).

If you wish to apply, you can click here, and, if you want to read more about the position, which is similar to those Notice of Examinations, you can click here.

Good luck!!

You also didn't have to pay to apply for the exam, unless that comes after.

This is for a full time position at MTA Bus, so you will be able to work out of all of the MTA Bus depots. As per the job posting, there are two different payscales depending on which depot you work out of:

If you work out of an ATU depot (Spring Creek, JFK or Far Rockaway), your top pay is $34.06 until a new contract is signed with the ATU locals of the MTA. If you work elsewhere (the TWU depots), the top pay is $36.42.

Also, if you go to an ATU depot, you can only pick into those three depots every system pick. Far Rockaway functions like Staten Island's Meredith depot, so don't expect to pick there right away.

This is NOT a civil service title so you cannot bring (or build) time with NYCERs.

2 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

This is for a full time position at MTA Bus, so you will be able to work out of all of the MTA Bus depots. As per the job posting, there are two different payscales depending on which depot you work out of:

If you work out of an ATU depot (Spring Creek, JFK or Far Rockaway), your top pay is $34.06 until a new contract is signed with the ATU locals of the MTA. If you work elsewhere (the TWU depots), the top pay is $36.42.

Also, if you go to an ATU depot, you can only pick into those three depots every system pick. Far Rockaway functions like Staten Island's Meredith depot, so don't expect to pick there right away.

This is NOT a civil service title so you cannot bring (or build) time with NYCERs.

So if i live in the Bronx what's the chance they'll throw me in Far Rockaway when I live right next to Eastchester Depot?

Far Rock functions like Meredith Depot in Staten Island if I'm not mistaken, so you might spend a few days there if you pick (or get forced) into JFK depot. Coming out of the 10 day, you're going to where they need you and to wherever your seniority affords you.

I lived in walking distance to Jamaica depot and I got forced to Staten Island. 🙃

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

You still have to do the exam...I think?

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

@+Young+ You have any ideas? This exam seems extremely odd...

It didn't even ask me for my resume.

As @SevenEleven already stated, if you click here and if you look on the bottom of the second page, you will see that the candidates must take and pass a multiple-choice test. One of the things which I noticed is that the candidates will be required to show their Commercial Drivers License (CDL) or Commerical Learners Permit (CLP) to take the test. In addition, I don't know how they going to start administering the test next month, when the last date of filing is November 30th, 2021, however that's just me.