Just Joined - Great Site!

Maddog

Hi All-

Just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Andy and I am a daily rider on the LIRR and NYC Subway to commute from my home on Long Island to my office near Grand Central. I went searching for resources on LIRR and transit info as I am a huge enthusiast of all modes of transportation including cars, trains, buses, & aircraft. I take a special interest in operations and how things work, and I find myself learning something new every day as I sit by the window and observe on the LIRR & NYC Subways. When I found this site, I thought of it as a great opportunity to ask some of my questions about MTA & transportation operations. So I hope you guys are ready for some of my questions! It seems like this is a great community here and full of great info, so I am looking forward to getting involved!

Also, FYI, I am an avid planespotter and I have a DSLR camera that I often use to take pictures of planes. I never thought of it before, but I could just as easily take pictures of trains as well, so if you guys have any requests, I am frequently on LIRR M3's, M7's, the diesel powered double-decker trains (not sure what these models are called), and the (7) and (E) subway lines.

Thanks for reading!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived