Can I put my self on hold after receiving the letter from the MTA?

Jas

Hello Everyone! I recently received a letter in the mail for BO position. My question is can i put myself on hold? My Husband is BO, i stay at home with our son, we do not have child care and cannot afford outside childcare right now. So doing the training and then if i do get the job, we wont have anyone to care for our child. He said that he thinks there is a way to put yourself on hold. When his number was initially called he didn't have his license for 3 years at the time, so he put himself on hold or something similar, a year or so later he was called again and qualified and did the training and all. Please advise! TIA

1 hour ago, Jas said:

Hello Everyone! I recently received a letter in the mail for BO position. My question is can i put myself on hold? My Husband is BO, i stay at home with our son, we do not have child care and cannot afford outside childcare right now. So doing the training and then if i do get the job, we wont have anyone to care for our child. He said that he thinks there is a way to put yourself on hold. When his number was initially called he didn't have his license for 3 years at the time, so he put himself on hold or something similar, a year or so later he was called again and qualified and did the training and all. Please advise! TIA

Is there any free childcare around you. What shift your husband works on? And if you get the job, ask them if you can work a swing shift? 4 AM & 4 PM (8 hours total, weekdays only). You can put yourself on hold for up to 6 months. That Job is taken after 6 months if you cannot find an alternative use

42 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Is there any free childcare around you. What shift your husband works on? And if you get the job, ask them if you can work a swing shift? 4 AM & 4 PM (8 hours total, weekdays only). You can put yourself on hold for up to 6 months. That Job is taken after 6 months if you cannot find an alternative use

No, sadly no free childcare. My husband’s schd varies between start/end at 5:30am/3pm, 12pm/8pm, 9am-7pm, he does OT when ever available. How do I go about putting myself on hold? TIA