Look what I found in my basement....

Q25toJamaica

That is a house centipede. I've seen in my place too.

Scientific name:

Scutigera coleoptrata, a fast-moving type of centipede that lives mostly within human homes and eats spiders, roaches, bedbugs, silverfish, and other small insect-types that also invade human dwellings.

Nice pic of that insect!! Its interesting that it feeds on spiders i thought spiders were the king of the insect jungle lol. Its interesting to watch spiders eat bugs and flies, sometimes the spiders help you save money!! Like not having to buy raid etc....

Looks like I will have to find some of these centipedes! I always thought they were cool. I didn't know that they eat spiders!:eek: I HATE spiders!!:mad:

They scare the hell out of me. I kill them if I see them, which is usually only during the summer months.

Why be afraid of them? They are more affraid of you then you are of them. If you want to kill a bug, kill a spider... I HATE spiders!:mad: I have a bad case of ara... spiderphobia(I'm to lazy to spell it). The only time you will see me scream like a girly girl is wen I see a spider. All those eyes... ughh... eww... just pure nast!

Why be afraid of them? They are more affraid of you then you are of them. If you want to kill a bug, kill a spider... I HATE spiders!:mad: I have a bad case of ara... spiderphobia(I'm to lazy to spell it). The only time you will see me scream like a girly girl is wen I see a spider. All those eyes... ughh... eww... just pure nast!

Odd....spiders are far less scary. They're smaller, slower and less likely to approach you. Meanwhile, despite what you say, when House Centipedes feel they are threatened, they WILL run at you. Feel lucky this has not happened to you.

Most importantly, I kill them, as I do spiders when I can reach them, because I don't care for the idea that a predator is stalking prey within my home. That's fine out on the veldt, or even the forest and gardens, but this is my home, and I will control the pests, if any.

You might not sleep as easy if you knew what was going on in your home when you turn out the lights and hit the hay. :eek:

Odd....spiders are far less scary. They're smaller, slower and less likely to approach you. Meanwhile, despite what you say, when House Centipedes feel they are threatened, they WILL run at you. Feel lucky this has not happened to you.

Most importantly, I kill them, as I do spiders when I can reach them, because I don't care for the idea that a predator is stalking prey within my home. That's fine out on the veldt, or even the forest and gardens, but this is my home, and I will control the pests, if any.

You might not sleep as easy if you knew what was going on in your home when you turn out the lights and hit the hay. :eek:

If it was a tarantula in your house, it will be scary. It kinda rare for me to see a centipede in puerto rico. But i seen many spiders there when i last visited there, yet only seen small centipedes in dirt and grassy areas.

Archived