No More (G)s to 71st

mark1447

Until further notice, seems like the 60th street tunnel is the problem for this weekend on the (N)(Q)(R)(NOV. 8th- Dec 1):

http://mta.info/nyct/service/pdf_f/45_nqrno3.pdf

and the (G)

http://mta.info/nyct/service/pdf_f/45_gno1.pdf

so now u gotta take the (E) to ely-23 for the (G) , man when the hell will the (G) finally avoid the cut backs from 71st to court house SQ~

They should extend the (G) for this G.O. because you're cutting it off one stop short of the (N) shuttle, so if you're coming from Brooklyn, you have to go up and take the (7) one stop (and that if you have a pass or unlimited card). This thing where every other G.O. everywhere else is an excuse to cut back the (G) is ridiculous.

They should extend the (G) for this G.O. because you're cutting it off one stop short of the (N) shuttle, so if you're coming from Brooklyn, you have to go up and take the (7) one stop (and that if you have a pass or unlimited card). This thing where every other G.O. everywhere else is an excuse to cut back the (G) is ridiculous.

I agree. Also transfering bet the (E)/(V) and (G) platform is awful because escalator is still OUT OF SERVICE.

It almost like walking through passegeway bet. Times Sq-PABT Station passegeway.

I forgot how does (N) terminate at Queensboro Plaza or after discharge passenger, it goes non-stop to Times Sq to do regular (N)?

Until the escalator fix, (G) should return to Forest Hills.

If there was express G.O., even if it delays (E), (F), or (R), it should go there.

Also (7) will be overcrowded this weekend due to Port Washington terminating at Shea.

With that, (7), (N), (R), (Q), (E), (F) will be much crowded, right?

Someone better complain to the (MTA) about how every stupid G.O. is an excuse to cut the (G) back to Court Sq. Explain to them that the G.O. has nothing to do with the (G) and why. Most likely they'll give you a much better reason why it's being extended that they don't bother to put on the G.O. lists. IMO they should be more specific with their weekend G.O.s.

Someone better complain to the (MTA) about how every stupid G.O. is an excuse to cut the (G) back to Court Sq. Explain to them that the G.O. has nothing to do with the (G) and why. Most likely they'll give you a much better reason why it's being extended that they don't bother to put on the G.O. lists. IMO they should be more specific with their weekend G.O.s.

The TA wants the G to terminate at court square at all times so they are getting the public used to it. It's been at least 3 years this way already.

The TA wants the G to terminate at court square at all times so they are getting the public used to it. It's been at least 3 years this way already.

That sucks, why transfer at court house to the (V) for local and weekends, and when (G) trains are on GO u need to take the (E) to the (R)

I can see the (G) is a bootlake copy of the (C):(

I just read the G.O. today, and Iit occurred to me that since the (R) is going over 6th, then it will come in at QP on the express track with the (E). so there is no reason they couldn't terminate the (G) on the local track (like they used to), which it would have all to itself.

That way, you would be right around the corner from the (N) shuttle rather than one station away.

I just read the G.O. today, and Iit occurred to me that since the (R) is going over 6th, then it will come in at QP on the express track with the (E). so there is no reason they couldn't terminate the (G) on the local track (like they used to), which it would have all to itself.

That way, you would be right around the corner from the (N) shuttle rather than one station away.

What would they do in that situation if that was the case? Relay on 5 just past the station? I guess late nights/weekends I could see that happening...

Maybe they just don't want to pay platform men to help fumigate the train...and like was said earlier they want to cut it to Court Sq full time.

so the (G) could of ran normal, i dont know what the (MTA) got against the (G) but i dislike that

What would they do in that situation if that was the case? Relay on 5 just past the station? I guess late nights/weekends I could see that happening...

Maybe they just don't want to pay platform men to help fumigate the train...and like was said earlier they want to cut it to Court Sq full time.

Relay on 5 is what they used to do.

and you probably wouldn;t need platform men, because again, nothing else would be running on that track (The (R) would come in on the express side), and the T/O could just check the 4 cars himself.

Archived