Slants on the (A)

trainspot12

At around 10:30am, I saw a SLANT on the (A) line heading to Beach 44th Street. I couldn't take a picture because I was in shock. If it comes around again, I will take a picture. So are they moving the remaining slants to the (A) line or is it just a schoolcar?

At around 10:30am, I saw a SLANT on the (A) line heading to Beach 44th Street. I couldn't take a picture because I was in shock. If it comes around again, I will take a picture. So are they moving the remaining slants to the (A) line or is it just a schoolcar?

I'm sure it was a school car.....no Slants are going on the (A)

did it say (A) ?

I was in shock myself i saw it at broadway junk and i went crazy...it was the rockaway train and i was on the other side goin 2 'hattan. i was " omg thats a slant on the A!!!" people were looking at me funny, but they jus dont understand

lopezking8826

heres a pic from wen i saw it at broadway junk...if only i was on the other side...boy was my heart pounding

i doubt it was in service. last time i checked, those are going 2 live out their lives in Coney Island.:confused:

It had the (A) on the front, but I think the other cars had (-_- on it. I'm still waiting for the train to return to Far Rockaway (hopefully it is not going to Lefferts) to get a picture of it.

I heard that they were halting the R40 scrapping and retiring the 38s first because of the way the 38s are falling apart (i don't know how true it is).

It had the (A) on the front, but I think the other cars had (:( on it. I'm still waiting for the train to return to Far Rockaway (hopefully it is not going to Lefferts) to get a picture of it.

I heard that they were halting the R40 scrapping and retiring the 38s first because of the way the 38s are falling apart (i don't know how true it is).

Good, i mean i love the 38's n the sides look shiny but the tops look the titanic lol. i say keep the slants around for longer and banish the 38's.

I just got off an R40 Slant (A)pple, I got it at 34th st, The cars are (N)4400 and (S) 4418 to lefferts and a set to Far Rock (4403 was the south-bound motor, I also got 2 pics:

S5030213.jpg

S5030212-1.jpg

sorry that the pics are not 100% great , My camrea went dead.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! I dont believe it:confused::confused::eek::eek::(

....if you think about it, we might have an R40 Slant / Mod combination sometime in the future! There has been only one combo like that in revenue service within the past 4 years

Looks like the T/O jumped the brake lolz.

Slants haven't been on the (A) in how long exactly?

I remember recalling someone saying they havent been on the A since the 80's...I think the (A) looks sexy on a slant haha

imagine seeing a (J)(Z) slant train parked at ENY...they have a 2 car set of slants at ENY but it has B on the roll sign...i drool everytime i see it next 2 the redbird (4) train on the track next 2 it at broadway junk every morning....

The slants were pulled off of the A in the middle of the hell years to reduce their exposure to salt in the air out over the bay & rockaways. I expect their return to the A signifies that they are soon to be EOL, but in the best shape out of the original R40 fleet. You folks should see if you can get some shots at JFK station & far rockaway!

- A

Archived