Slants on the (A)

trainspot12

Shows green signal, so must be front of train, don't recognize what station!

that looks like a blue light in the tunnel, where a phone is, but its not clear..you could be right the light got diffractored in the photo, still looks like Penn to me though...but if I get a second guess Utica :(

lol yeah i cant help but 2 stare...it started when i first noticed those red birds there all the way at the end then the other day i saw the slant...i wonder how long those redbirds have been there and if there still functional...BMT/IND never get redbird fan trips:mad:...actually i havent seen any special BMT/IND trains...show it some love please, (MTA)

They should preserve an entire train of slants, and at the same time have like a train of SMEEs (how about: 4 R32s, 2 R38s, 2 Mods and 2 R42s?). I don't really think the slants could mingle in with the other SMEEs. It's done before with the Mods, but I don't know...

They can't preserve an entire 10 car train because they don't have enough space to store it as far as i know. I believe the married set that was preserved is going to get a light overhaul to clean it up and freshen up certain structural elements.

- A

They should preserve an entire train of slants, and at the same time have like a train of SMEEs (how about: 4 R32s, 2 R38s, 2 Mods and 2 R42s?). I don't really think the slants could mingle in with the other SMEEs. It's done before with the Mods, but I don't know...

The R40's can run with other SMEE cars.

I finally caught an (A) R40Slope today, i was on the (A) taking pics down 145th, grabbed the R44 downtown, when the train leaves, im like wait is that a R40S on uptown 207 side? and it was..

Got off at 125th, went up to 175th and caught that baby :D

plus an R38 (A)

gonna load pics tomo, first my GOs of last weekend hehe ;)

How long did you have to wait for one?

Honestly, as I walked into Broadway Junction (A)/© platform, the first slant arrived. The 2nd slant was headed Manhattan Bound as it was at 88th & Boyd. The 3rd slant came right after the slant I was on, so it was kinda back to back. So about....25-30 minutes, plus the delay due to marine traffic + stuck jamaica bay bridge, the chance rose since I was at 111th Street - Greenwood Ave, in which I got off the first slant and jumped on the second one!

What do you mean? Carbodies or something else?

yeah... mainly the carbodies. Lots of sheet metal flapping around. The underbodies are rusting through already also. Ill give them maybe 2-3 years before theyre shipped off to the fishes

Also Its been confirmed that A/C line will be R40/40M, R42, R44, and R46 by the end of April.

yeah... mainly the carbodies. Lots of sheet metal flapping around. The underbodies are rusting through already also. Ill give them maybe 2-3 years before theyre shipped off to the fishes

Also Its been confirmed that A/C line will be R40/40M, R42, R44, and R46 by the end of April.

So you are saying even the R46s will be transferred over to Pitkin and 207? Wow.

So you are saying even the R46s will be transferred over to Pitkin and 207? Wow.

Well yes the R46 are transferring over to the (A)/© once the R160 displace them from the (E)/(F)/® and R68/R68A displace them from the (G) then the R46 will replace the R32/R38/R40/R40M/R42.

I think that w/e the car 32,38,40M,40S,42, it should be restored to its original state with the blue stripes for the 40M,40S,38,42, and the blue doors for the 32...but then again i doubt (MTA) has those blue seats or those swinging handles...

They got rid of those old handles.i also doubt the TA would restore the cars

to pre-GOH look.

man that was when i wasnt aware of the subway and wasnt buff about it either...i missed all the last moments, do you know how i could know when a fantrip is going to occur for either IRT or BMT i never been on one and l i wud love to be on one of the old trains...;)

They'll be running the R1/9 cars starting Nov 30th on the (V) line from 2nd av

to Queens Plz.they'll be running from 10am to 4pm for 5 sundays.

Archived