Newark Airport to Staten Island Bus Service

Charleston

Someone on bustalk posted it about the possibility of a Newark Airport to Staten Island Bus Service before the opening of Charleston Depot.

This is how the bus service should be operated, operate a S98 along Forest Av which would be an extension of this service and it would operate 7 days a week from 5:00am to 1:00am with a stop or two along the way.

If any of you heard of different story about this service or if you happen to know the proposed service and it's alternatives, please post up on what you might have heard, I would very much like to hear from all of you.

• 3 weeks later...

Bus service to Newark airport would be a God send, dont understand why it doesnt exist already.

fwiw I fly into Newark on a regular basis, with Staten Island as my destination; I just refuse to pay for a taxi or car service! :mad:

I'm lucky that I travel light and am usually in no rush, so I have time to take public transport, but it would sure be nice to be able to get a direct bus back and forth.

This sounds like Bustalk fantasy, but why finish at the airport anyway? Continuing into Newark would make it even more useful.

But if we're going for fantasy-land, how about a bridge with helical ramps so Richmond Terrace can run through onto Elizabeth Avenue? Better still, prefabricate them and link up Port Richmond Avenue and Broadway, Jersey Street and Hook Road, Victory Boulevard and Roosevelt Avenue, and Amboy Road and Fayette Street. :)

I didn't mean not serve the airport. I meant go into the Airport and then continue into Newark, like the 62 and 67 do.

If it was NJ transit operated, sure, go to/from newark. If it's MTA it should stop at the airport.

- A

For a service like this, it would be some private operator running it. I don't think the MTA is into the idea of serving EWR. I agree, it would very much make sense

I didn't mean not serve the airport. I meant go into the Airport and then continue into Newark, like the 62 and 67 do.
NJT would not allow it, what so ever. Hell, even the PANYNJ might not allow it make the bus line end at EWR and make people take AirTrain to RaiLINK if you want to get to NWK (and then not say that you can also take the 62 bus to NWK).

i think it would be very nice. the S89 runs from Eltingville to Bayonne, NJ but it doesnt really help being that it only operates during weekday rush hours. (ive ridden it once, i like the ride)

i think itll be a great idea. it can run from 4am to 2am the next day...7 days a week with frequent service, or 24/7. maybe the S82? S83? S85? S87? S88? S95? S97? S99? lol im just saying, give it a shot. i think its a good idea.

i think itll be a great idea. it can run from 4am to 2am the next day...7 days a week with frequent service, or 24/7. maybe the S82? S83? S85? S87? S88? S95? S97? S99? lol im just saying, give it a shot. i think its a good idea.

One of these routes should run.

• 2 weeks later...
i think it would be very nice. the S89 runs from Eltingville to Bayonne, NJ but it doesnt really help being that it only operates during weekday rush hours. (ive ridden it once, i like the ride)

It is a shame why not a SI-Newark Airport bus? Whether it's NYCT/MTA Bus, NJT or a private company like Coach USA, who cares. I agree it needs to also serve Eligntville TC/SI Mall (Richmond Ave coordior)to be succesful and access to all of SI and Bay Ridge(via S79 transfer)

To start i would have this line called for example the S88 with these headways.

Weekdays

Rush Hours-Every 15-20 minutes

Middays & Early Evenings every 30 minutes

Late Evenings(appx. 9pm-Midnight/last bus)

Every Hour

Weekends

430am-8am-Every Hour

8am-8pm-Every 30 minutes

8pm-last bus(appx 11pm)

Every Hour

Archived