First Day of Service at Elmont

Took the Q110 to Belmont Park yesterday, then made my way through Belmont Park to get some footage at the new Elmont Station which opened up yesterday for passenger use. The video contains a brief overview of the station, some Main Line action (including a sighting of M3s), and footage of the first train to stop in revenue service. Thanks for watching, and enjoy!

36 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

How easy is it to get from that Q2/Q110 stop at Belmont Park to the new LIRR Elmont station itself?

It's relatively easy, even with Google Maps data being outdated. There's an entrance in front of the Q2 stop into the arena, which provides access to the path that heads north to the Elmont Station and the parking lots. The path is also lighted and covered, with signage directing to the Elmont station as well, so it's quite noticeable. Taking the overpass is also an option (as the path begins on the other side of that overpass), but unless the entrance is closed, that option is excessive.  

I got off at 225th because I had no idea whether bus operators were aware (or letting people on past 225th), but once I noticed that shuttle buses coming in were dropping people off there and they were walking in from there, I knew what to do more or less. 

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

5 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Took the Q110 to Belmont Park yesterday, then made my way through Belmont Park to get some footage at the new Elmont Station which opened up yesterday for passenger use. The video contains a brief overview of the station, some Main Line action (including a sighting of M3s), and footage of the first train to stop in revenue service. Thanks for watching, and enjoy!

I operated the train in this video, took almost 6 minutes to load them in Jamaica, going to be very interesting to try to pull this off during a peak game capacity...but I guess that requires the Islanders to play good Hockey so we should be safe for a while.