New F Trains on the Way!

AJ023

The removal of R32's on the F is even better news.

The R32 cars are old, although unique. The R32 cars on the (F) aren't that great anymore. The R46 are used more on the (F) than the R32, so the R32 should go, and make room for the R160A cars. The R160 cars have been testing on the (F) and I'd like to see them go on the (F) at least by next year.

Jessica Ettinger and Dianne Thompson sound different on the A division NTTs than on the B Division NTTs. Are you sure it's not a completely different person who does R160 Announcements?

No.....I know Dianne Thompson voice and other voice have to be Jessica Ettinger.....they are the only two women whom do the voices for the automated announcements for the A and B Division. Also someone else confirmed its Jessica as well on SubChat b/c he was describing how Dianne voice sound slow when saying the announcements

They were testing R160s on the (E) as well. But I think the (F) gets them first due to the fact that Coney Island is almost 50% R160s. Giving them to the (F) would be 75% R160s. The (E) needs them alot more, the TA did a bad move by adding the rust buckets of R42s onto that line. If they added the R40 Mods, it would be alot better, as they are in better condition.

I'm guessing, the MTA would try to fill the (E) up with the R160s. The (F) in the near future will probably 50% of the time run R160s and 50% of the time R46s.

No.....I know Dianne Thompson voice and other voice have to be Jessica Ettinger.....they are the only two women whom do the voices for the automated announcements for the A and B Division. Also someone else confirmed its Jessica as well on SubChat b/c he was describing how Dianne voice sound slow when saying the announcements

Jessica Ettinger hasn't done ANY B Division lines. Dianne Thompson did the (A) and some of the touch-ups for the (N) & (Q). (Possibly the (F)?) The (:((D)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W) & (Z), were done by Catherine Cowdery. Although the (L) & (M)'s announcements are from the R-143s as well some of the (J)/(Z)'s.

Jessica Ettinger hasn't done ANY B Division lines. Dianne Thompson did the (A) and some of the touch-ups for the (N) & (Q). (Possibly the (F)?) The (:((D)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W) & (Z), were done by Catherine Cowdery. Although the (L) & (M)'s announcements are from the R-143s as well some of the (J)/(Z)'s.

Really? So who's this Catherine Cowdery person? Thanks I didn't know that part.....so I guess on SubChat they got it wrong then

Really? So who's this Catherine Cowdery person? Thanks I didn't know that part.....so I guess on SubChat they got it wrong then

Apparently Catherine Cowdery is another member of Bloomberg Radio who does the announcements for the (J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W). Now I know who does the announcements for the N, Q ect...

Apparently Catherine Cowdery is another member of Bloomberg Radio who does the announcements for the (J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W). Now I know who does the announcements for the N, Q ect...

So why is she not mentioned on subway.org under the BMT R-160's section? I'm glad to know its her, b/c all this time I thought it was Jessica Ettinger this whole time

I have to say that I like the announcements done by Catherine much better than the others. She sounds much less of a condescending tone in her voice unlike Jessica - on the 5 especially, where on certain stops, she's about ready to quiz you on the transfers and if you get it wrong, she'll rip your head off and revoke your metrocard. lol

I have to say that I like the announcements done by Catherine much better than the others. She sounds much less of a condescending tone in her voice unlike Jessica - on the 5 especially, where on certain stops, she's about ready to quiz you on the transfers and if you get it wrong, she'll rip your head off and revoke your metrocard. lol

LMAOOOOO....Jessica isn't quizzing the transfers....she's shouting them out and half of the time she gets the annoucements wrong. We should revoke her from making the annoucements:rolleyes:

This topic was about the future of the R160A/B cars on the (F) and everyone's jumping off the (F) into the (A)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W)(Z)(2)(4)(5) and (6) train's cars and their special announcements. All of them do connect to the (F) at some point, though.

Not really b/c Q43 Floral Park was talking about the who made the announcemets on the new R-160 (F) and I said who it was and someone asked me how do I know the voices. Anyone @ anytime can go back on topic.

I don't like Jessica Ettinger on the (5)....she is loud for no reason. I miss Melissa Kliner, she better on the (5)<5> when they 1st started off with her. Melissa was much quieter

Yea she yells at the beginning like for no reason. Its like shes yelling at you and she sounds like she's pissed as hell.

Yea she yells at the beginning like for no reason. Its like shes yelling at you and she sounds like she's pissed as hell.

I'm so glad someone other than myself thinks she yells. Ok now lets get back on topic now that I found out whom the other lady that makes the announcements on the (J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W) trains

Gosh...when I went to work over the summer, I took the 7:50 (5) special from New Lots straight to Wall St, but MAN could I not stand hearing her yell those announcements the whole time. The (4)'s announcements, while not less shrill, are still better (this is from Brooklyn to Manhattan).

On the other hand, when I would sometimes transfer to the (M) at Atlantic-Pacific, I would think, shouldn't these announcements be louder (again, Brooklyn to Manhattan)?

So, who has the right balance of announcements here? I think the <6> train announcements are the most perfect in my opinion (The Bronx to Manhattan here).

All I know is that Catherine on the (N) & (Q) should re-do the (J), (L), (M), and (Z). She's louder on the (N) & (Q) than on the east. But to stay on topic, get her to do the (F). All in my opinion though.

The funnier thing is that the announcements for the last stop sound less condescending than the regular statiuon announcements. Jessica should do those so people would be lole, OK! OK! LADY, I'M LEAVIN!.

Just to scare the crap outta people. lol:eek:

*looks around* I-is she gone? o.O

The funnier thing is that the announcements for the last stop sound less condescending than the regular statiuon announcements. Jessica should do those so people would be lole, OK! OK! LADY, I'M LEAVIN!.

Just to scare the crap outta people. lol:eek:

*looks around* I-is she gone? o.O

She's gone for like 5-15 minutes and later on she starts yelling again:rolleyes:

Archived