What are the chances for having a coach cleaner exam for Metro North rescheduled?

bigsky92

Hey everyone,

So I applied to an entry level coach cleaner position for Metro North earlier this year, and received an email to call to reserve my seat for the exam, which I did as soon as possible but I’ve only been given three days notice to take the exam this Friday after months from when my initial application was submitted. The problem is, I’m currently on a seasonal contract on a construction gig all the way out in Montana. I called the MTA business center to ask if there are any later exam dates so I can make reasonable travel arrangements, as they said in the email there will be multiple ones to minimize the risk for covid and they said they’ll get back to me. I’m willing to travel last minute  by flight on Thursday, but would like to avoid that if possible. 

• 2 months later...

I applied to coach cleaner few years and they sent the email for me to come down to do the interview on Friday to come on Monday and I didn’t see the email until Monday when I happened to check my junk mail n when I called and explained my story they said they will try and reschedule me and that was over ten years ago

58 minutes ago, mastap123 said:

I applied to coach cleaner few years and they sent the email for me to come down to do the interview on Friday to come on Monday and I didn’t see the email until Monday when I happened to check my junk mail n when I called and explained my story they said they will try and reschedule me and that was over ten years ago

Didn’t you had to take exam first before doing anything else?

44 minutes ago, mastap123 said:

No I just applied online

How would that be possible? Usually most of the MTA positions require individuals to take exams when they get called from the hiring pool. Even OP took an exam for MNR coach cleaner.