If Flatbush must have Hybrids....

Micstromme

Now I know that my opinion does not matter, but here is the thing. If the Flatbush Depot must receive hybrids (true to form making Ulmer Park the last of the six Brooklyn buses hybridless) then why not give it all of East New York's 67/6800s OR all of Fresh Pond's 64/6500s. For some reason, I feel that the older hybrids would be the most effective in holding services on the B41, 44, 46, and then 49.

Side note: If these buses were to come to Flatbush Depot then I would never notice too much if the B47 was back at Flatbush where it belongs or still at Grand Avenue.

Bottom line is that the Flatbush Depot should not inherit new technology until it is absolutely necessary (although at that rate none of its fleet will ever be new again).

As always, do leave your comments and respond with caution.

Thank you for riding with MTA NYC Transit.

I loathe the Grummans on the 49. When are they going to phase in some new models?

What the hell is that? Also,I do not find the fleetage of the Flatbush Depot to be bad. In fact, considering the crap that gets pulled from other depots, I think Flatbush is doing a great job in handling the 1991/1994 TMCs, the 1998 and 1999 Novas.

Am I really just the sole supporter of the TMCs, both type a ('90-'91) and type b ('93-'94) that does not want these veteran fleets go to (MTA)Bus?

Bottom line is that the Flatbush Depot should not inherit new technology until it is absolutely necessary (although at that rate none of its fleet will ever be new again).

Big question: why? Do the drivers in that depot not deserve new buses? or the riders?

I've been on the ENY hybrids, and they aren't much better with crowds. Try boarding a B82 at Kings Highway when one doesn't show up for 20 minutes. The crowds there are smaller than Flatbush & Nostrand, and the Hybrids still can't handle it.

Big question: why? Do the drivers in that depot not deserve new buses? or the riders?

I've been on the ENY hybrids, and they aren't much better with crowds. Try boarding a B82 at Kings Highway when one doesn't show up for 20 minutes. The crowds there are smaller than Flatbush & Nostrand, and the Hybrids still can't handle it.

Thats another thing. If that route is terrible with crowding, then why is it like a floodwork of hybrids on that route? If anything they should try to avoid that route with hybrids considering the circumstances surrounding it. The B17 is not as long a route and does not hold as many passengers as does the B82, and yet not a single hybrid works on that route. The same goes for the B14. WTH is that about? Put the new technology on those buses and clear up the novas for that crowded southern route.

That is the parallel to the Flatbush Depot. They carry fewer routes than most and they are getting hybrids for their packed issues? That is like giving the B41 route just one local bus for every three limited buses or having four (4)(5) for every one (6)or<6>. It would be murder at the hands of transit.

Thats another thing. If that route is terrible with crowding, then why is it like a floodwork of hybrids on that route? If anything they should try to avoid that route with hybrids considering the circumstances surrounding it. The B17 is not as long a route and does not hold as many passengers as does the B82, and yet not a single hybrid works on that route. The same goes for the B14. WTH is that about? Put the new technology on those buses and clear up the novas for that crowded southern route.

That is the parallel to the Flatbush Depot. They carry fewer routes than most and they are getting hybrids for their packed issues? That is like giving the B41 route just one local bus for every three limited buses or having four (4)(5) for every one (6)or<6>. It would be murder at the hands of transit.

I take the B82 every day and I usually get a Hybrid. One major problem is people don't want to move back. Very often everybody crowds right in the front and blocks people from moving back even though there are seats.

I take the B82 every day and I usually get a Hybrid. One major problem is people don't want to move back. Very often everybody crowds right in the front and blocks people from moving back even though there are seats.

If not the fact ppl don't want to move to the back....the Hybrids interior is cramped period and (MTA) won't even attempt to make more room or change up the interior

Big Freakin Deal Get over it Hybrids are coming and you opinion means squat.

Devote all the time that you waste trying to figure out why the MTA should keep RTS buses actually why dont you call them and ask that they keep 1 RTS for you at your disposal.

Half of you people that talk this nonsense of buses are not even old enuff to drive yet.

Go devote the time to a cause or charity it might do you better.

Archived