R160A 8692

UlmerPark B6

I saw this same set on the (N) on Friday, I'm not too good with train car numbers and their model, but I guess it's the new ones coming in...

Which set? 8692 or the one I mentioned; 8711? Because I saw this one on Monday testing, on the middle track on the Astoria line, and it was signed up as (Q)!

In case no one here knows; there's a rumor floating around about the (Q) and (W) being merged next summer, to save money!

Which set? 8692 or the one I mentioned; 8711? Because I saw this one on Monday testing, on the middle track on the Astoria line, and it was signed up as (Q)!

In case no one here knows; there's a rumor floating around about the (Q) and (W) being merged next summer, to save money!

depends on which portions, since (Q) is supposed to branch off to the Second Ave line. i think that rumor probably makes more sense if the (W) was removed all together, since all the stations it serves already has an existing service ((N) in astoria and manhattan to canal street, (Q) 57th-canal, and® from lex/59th to whitehall).

That makes some sense. No need for the (N) to switch past 34th. But then there might be capacity constraints. A LOT of trains will be running thru the 60th Street Tunnel.

That will not be the best ides. The (N) and the (W) merging will be better. The (N) can express in Manhattan via bridge and the (Q) can run local in manhattan via Whitehall.

That will not be the best ides. The (N) and the (W) merging will be better. The (N) can express in Manhattan via bridge and the (Q) can run local in manhattan via Whitehall.

That makes some sense. No need for the (N) to switch past 34th. But then there might be capacity constraints. A LOT of trains will be running thru the 60th Street Tunnel.

depends on which portions, since (Q) is supposed to branch off to the Second Ave line. i think that rumor probably makes more sense if the (W) was removed all together, since all the stations it serves already has an existing service ((N) in astoria and manhattan to canal street, (Q) 57th-canal, and® from lex/59th to whitehall).

No; when I say (Q) and (W)merged, it means the (W) replaced and the (Q) extended.

I wonder if this would become the original 1995 forecast for full Mahnattan Bridge service; where the (N) would remain in the tunnel in the Queens peak direction, and only run over the bridge in the Brooklyn peak direction. (uptown, AM's; to Brooklyn, PM's). This was not mentioned by those I heard talking about it; but I don't see them leaving the (R) by itself on the local and tunnel; especially when it's already getting hung up in Queens all the time and needing the (W) to be extended. Or else, they would have to increase the (R). Wonder if they might decrease the (N), since the (Q) does run more frequently than the (W).

This would obviously only be temporary, until the first part of 2nd Av. opens up. Unless they would want to run a shuttle, but that would defeat the purpose of the line to lure people off Lexington.

Wonder if the (Q) will stay on the express to 57th and then cross over, or they would switch them both at 34th. that wouldn't seem to make much sense other than simplifying things for the tower.

Archived