Out Of This World BMT/IND Bullets

Sea Beach

The Yellow T isn't that far out of this world. The TA should have used T instead of W when they flipped sides on the Manny B since that's what the first W basically was.

Now on the NJTA, these are the color/letter setups

Blue- A, C, E, F, G, K, S, Z

Orange- B, C, E, H, M, V, S, T, Y

Yellow- B, D, H, I, M, N, Q, R, S, T, W, Y, (5, 7, and 8 are being made and installed on commuter cars)

Brown- I, J, L, O, S

Red- 1, 2, 3, 9, S

Green- 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, S

Black- S

White Circle/Black Letter- P, S, U, X

NJ TRANSIT

AMTRAK

SEPTA

I hear the orange (A) was on the R110B? And a gray (K)...

Orange A existed around 1989 or 1990 when there was a flood on the 8th Avenue Line. So they literally merged the (A) with the (Q6). Ran from Brighton Beach, via Brighton Express continuing on 6th Avenue Express then over 8th Avenue Express, following the (D) line until 125th Street before switching back to the (A). They found asbestos along the 8th Avenue line, which prompted them to shut it down for a couple of weeks.

Orange A existed around 1989 or 1990 when there was a flood on the 8th Avenue Line. So they literally merged the (A) with the (Q6). Ran from Brighton Beach, via Brighton Express continuing on 6th Avenue Express then over 8th Avenue Express, following the (D) line until 125th Street before switching back to the (A). They found asbestos along the 8th Avenue line, which prompted them to shut it down for a couple of weeks.

Were the trains actually signed with an orange A? Or was it just an "orange A" in terms of routing?

I remember that! But one thing, im not sure was, did the (Q6) run weekends as well, between Brighton and Inwood-207? Or did the (A) switch to 6 Av at West 4 St?

any BMT/IND car shud have a red rollsign. the red looks nice against the stainless steel....omg the (J) train with a red backround...the (1) with a blue one. and what about pink?

It's not in the avatar list at the moment, but the (AA) had a purple bullet for some time. That's sort of close.

Although, if the (P) isn't pink when it rolls around, then no other should be. :D

75pxnycsbulltransppsvgjn6.png

I believed they were actually given an Orange A sign.

From what I have heard from many people is that the R110B was the only train to have the 6th Ave A or the 14th Street K. Somewhere I have a pic of the sign box that shows all the routes on the front rollsign. The last pic I saw of an R110B cab car, the front rollsign was gone. I hope it did not get dumped, would love to see some pics of it if someone has it.

From what I have heard from many people is that the R110B was the only train to have the 6th Ave A or the 14th Street K. Somewhere I have a pic of the sign box that shows all the routes on the front rollsign. The last pic I saw of an R110B cab car, the front rollsign was gone. I hope it did not get dumped, would love to see some pics of it if someone has it.

My point exactly...

As I know there were K signs on the R-46's and R-44's. I think I have pics downloaded from http://www.nycsubway.org/ . In fact there are (H), (K) and(JFK) signs there too. I have seen <R> at least once a year in the subway, in my life since 1995-1996 when I am 4 years old.

I think most know about those, but more rarely do I see mention of the (CC) or <RR> which are also contemporary to that time.

Archived