A New Nickname For Some Trains

N-Trizzy2609

I got a few nicknames to add that I hope will pick up in the train community.

R160 w/ Alstom Propulsion: Cry Baby (Babies) because Onyx propulsion sounds like it's crying when it leaves a station.

R62: Lil Hippos. 1980 SMEE cars mimic some Japan styling the R68 has.

R44: The Farts (Thank Orion For That One) Self-Explanatory.

R142/A: The El Liners since they run on the Bronx Els and became famous on the (2)(4)(5)(6).

lmao! I like the el liners and the cry babies...

Its kinda hard 2 nick name the trains cause for one they are all stainless steel and like nothing sticks out on them...cept the slants ofcourse but when the 32's and slants are gone theres gonna be hardly any special trains in the system...i mean after the r40M, basically every car had that same front u know with the curve on the top and whatnot...and the r62s look like the 42's..the 68's look like the 46's, which look 98percent like the 44's...and the Mods look like the 42 and the r160 looks like a r143/142...BORING, wake me up when we hit 85th street, yawn,(MTA)(NYCT)...

R142/A: The El Liners since they run on the Bronx Els and became famous on the (2)(4)(5)(6).

Maybe for a Bronx guy, but I wouldn't think of them as that since I usually ride them underground through Manhattan and Brooklyn.

And to Glen:

About your R-32 name - fuggetit

about your R-46 name - you got that right

I got a few nicknames to add that I hope will pick up in the train community.

R160 w/ Alstom Propulsion: Cry Baby (Babies) because Onyx propulsion sounds like it's crying when it leaves a station.

R44: The Farts (Thank Orion For That One) Self-Explanatory.

Lol, guess you could call them the Whiners.

LITTLE HIPPOS! Nice!

Lmao to the Farts.

The "el liners" isn't a good name, though. How about redstripes?

The only thing is, didn't the R62s come before the 68s? So they can't mimic something that came after them. I think Mini Hippos would be better, although Lil' sounds fine too.

R142/A: I agree with MTR in that El Liners doesn't sound too great. But there aren't enough red stripes to justify Redstripes either. How bout Flatliners, cuz they have almost completely flat sides, and they caused the Redbirds to flatline when they arrived... yeah I know, fail attempt at a joke.

The only thing is, didn't the R62s come before the 68s? So they can't mimic something that came after them. I think Mini Hippos would be better, although Lil' sounds fine too.

R142/A: I agree with MTR in that El Liners doesn't sound too great. But there aren't enough red stripes to justify Redstripes either. How bout Flatliners, cuz they have almost completely flat sides, and they caused the Redbirds to flatline when they arrived... yeah I know, fail attempt at a joke.

Call the R142s Earkillers, for their HVACs.

Hey, I've called the R62 and 62A's the baby heepos, in the past......:mad::mad::mad:..........;):P:P..........

I call them the baby hippos, or the old workhorses.......

The R142 and R142A, I call them sh!t on wheels. Train acts like it don't want to go up hill on wet rails, with no leaves on them. I hear in the snow, well..... just be prepared to slide back down it, especially leaving Third Ave., N/B going towards Jackson Ave. I have operated them in the rain, and the wheels spin so much, TOD/automated announcement starts playing the stop after the next stop. C/R had to turn it off. Stopping them, oh the joy. Million dollar garbage on wheels, and won't last 40 years. All I give them, is the smooth ride, great operators seat (when they ain't duct-taped), and they take off faster than the R62 and R62A........

That's like calling the 142 the Disco and the 142A the BOSE...

Yeah,Cuz the R142's are loud because of the HVAC and the R142A doesnt have those loud HVAC's.

But i got more names like:

R38-Mr. Duct tape

R160- Young man

R62/A- Mr. no RFW

R68/A-Super R68/A

Yeah,Cuz the R142's are loud because of the HVAC and the R142A doesnt have those loud HVAC's.

But i got more names like:

R38-Mr. Duct tape

R160- Young man

R62/A- Mr. no RFW

R68/A-Super R68/A

Now I have to disagree...

Take the (7), if you are lucky, board at the front and you will get a very good RFW. Sometimes the B car is the lead car... with the half width cabs...I would call them peepholes. Cause really, you have to peep out on the A car (one with the full width) in order to look outside.

Now I have to disagree...

Take the (7), if you are lucky, board at the front and you will get a very good RFW. Sometimes the B car is the lead car... with the half width cabs...I would call them peepholes. Cause really, you have to peep out on the A car (one with the full width) in order to look outside.

Oh, thought the R68/A's didnt have a RFW cuz the T/O's cab blocks the RFW like with the NTT. But i cant reach to see that little window on the front door.

Archived