Houston METRO Orion VII NG HEV bus

MetroBusFan3575

Without further ado, here are photos of the new Orion VII NG HEV bus for Houston METRO that I promised to show to ya:

Exterior photos:

P6250039.jpg

P6250041.jpg

P6250043.jpg

P6250044.jpg

P6250046.jpg

Engine shot:

P6250048.jpg

Interior shots:

P6250036.jpg

P6250071.jpg

P6250075.jpg

P6250077.jpg

P6250078.jpg

BONUS SHOT!!!!

Here's a pic of ME---Cedric Collins---in front of the bus:

P6250068.jpg

YES, I know that some of them are blurry but this is the best that I can come up with. At least I FINALLY did take photos of one of these beauties.:(

Enjoy!

~Cedric Collins~

Here are a few vids that I had promised to post in regards to the new bus I took pics of. The first two are just short rides as the person at the wheel put it into position so I could take top photos of the bus. Let me know if anybody wants to see the top pics of the bus I have.

Test ride (1 of 2):

Test ride (2 of 2):

Exterior walk-around view:

Enjoy!:(

Wow, I may be "The Don of All Buses" but you are indeed "The Don of All Houston Metro Buses", I hear by dub thee... Great pics and vids Don Collins!!:):D:D

(takes a bow)

:cool:Thanks!:cool: As I said before, I'm hoping and praying that I can make a return trip to see about taking better pics of the bus before it goes into service.

MetroBusFan3575 , excellent photos and videos of Houston Metro!!

Thanks!:D

Since those two vids of my short test ride came out well, I'll try NOT to forget to really pull a YouTube routine of an actual ride of an in-service O7 NG HEV bus. I still say the sound is just wonderful!;)

To ALL: I'm just about done with a paper model replica version of the bus. All I need from METRO is just to tell me about a few more decals and how they're going to be placed on the bus and I should be done.

Also=>YES, I have also made updates here and there to y'alls O7 NG HEV model for NYCT. All I need to know is from 3800 - _____ will have the lead-acid battery pack and from _____ - 4649 will have the lithuim-ion battery pack. In other words, YES---I'm also doing a NYCT bus with the lithium-ion battery pack. I already did one with the lead-acid battery pack. Fill in the blanks provided when you get the info. Thanks.

Thanks!;)

Since those two vids of my short test ride came out well, I'll try NOT to forget to really pull a YouTube routine of an actual ride of an in-service O7 NG HEV bus. I still say the sound is just wonderful!:(

To ALL: I'm just about done with a paper model replica version of the bus. All I need from METRO is just to tell me about a few more decals and how they're going to be placed on the bus and I should be done.

Also=>YES, I have also made updates here and there to y'alls O7 NG HEV model for NYCT. All I need to know is from 3800 - _____ will have the lead-acid battery pack and from _____ - 4649 will have the lithuim-ion battery pack. In other words, YES---I'm also doing a NYCT bus with the lithium-ion battery pack. I already did one with the lead-acid battery pack. Fill in the blanks provided when you get the info. Thanks.

\\

the 1st-160th NYCT buses are leadacid battery. 161 throug 850th bus are lithium Ion

\\

the 1st-160th NYCT buses are leadacid battery. 161 throug 850th bus are lithium Ion

So 3800-3959 will have the lead-acid battery pack while 3960-4649 will have the lithium-ion battery pack, correct?

If the numbers I have in bold are correct, then this info needs to be given to all who needs to know it.:D

So 3800-3959 will have the lead-acid battery pack while 3960-4649 will have the lithium-ion battery pack, correct?

If the numbers I have in bold are correct, then this info needs to be given to all who needs to know it.:rolleyes:

since you're a Houston metro fan, you'll be excited to know that the 1st bus of the Houston signature series was finished in the paint shop today. It's been dubbed "the silver bullet" since it likes like a Giant coors lite can in the silver paint. I'll try to get a picture of it for you.

the lead acid buses are split into four seperate contracts:

3800 - 3959

3800 - 3801

3802 - 3899

3900 - 3959

fleet numbers for the Lithium Ion buses have not bee assigned yet.

I don't know what the difference is, if any, in the sub-orders. It might be just the depots that the buses are going to. I'll find out.

NYCT is accepted buses at a rate of 10 per week. We will ramp up to 15 per week shortly. The planned rate for the duration of the order is 15-18 per week.

Long Island CNG buses will not leave the factory until late January

since you're a Houston metro fan, you'll be excited to know that the 1st bus of the Houston signature series was finished in the paint shop today. It's been dubbed "the silver bullet" since it likes like a Giant coors lite can in the silver paint. I'll try to get a picture of it for you.

the lead acid buses are split into four seperate contracts:

3800 - 3959

3800 - 3801

3802 - 3899

3900 - 3959

fleet numbers for the Lithium Ion buses have not bee assigned yet.

I don't know what the difference is, if any, in the sub-orders. It might be just the depots that the buses are going to. I'll find out.

NYCT is accepted buses at a rate of 10 per week. We will ramp up to 15 per week shortly. The planned rate for the duration of the order is 15-18 per week.

Long Island CNG buses will not leave the factory until late January

:eek:Wonderful! I can't wait to see a pic of it---if you can get it before it makes a B-line for Houston. Yes, I WAS told that I think 10 of the new Orions was to be painted for signature service. I can see he wasn't kiddin'. I like the name for the buses. It has a wonderful sound to it---"the silver bullet."

Also, YES I am a Houston METRO fan, thanks for noticing:D

Big thanks for the explanations in regards to the fleet # situation for NYCT. I wonder will the rest of the Long Island CNG buses will look exactly like 1700 on the outside because I plan to do a paper model replica of that bus---now that I have pics I need to do my work.

To JoeDBusBuilder:

Do the O7 NG HEVs have some sort of big decal that covers where the front rooftop door hatch normally is located at? I think it says, "Hybrid Electric Bus." Sorry but I don't have a top view of any old style O7 hybrid bus for reference and for you to clearly see what I'm asking about. Thanks.

sorry I made a typo in the NYC fleet numbers. should be:

buses are split into 3 orders:

3800 - 3801

3802 - 3899

3900 - 3959

Lithium ion buses will start at fleet number 3960. First bus is current in Michigan for EMI (electro magnetic interference) testing. This test ensure that all the electronics on the bus do not emit any frequencies that will interefer with other systems in or outside of the bus. We had an unexpected experiance a year ago with some hybrid buses we provided to Port Authority NY/NJ that went into service at the airport. Within a few days we rec'd reports that they hybrid systems were interfering with radio communication at the airport. Hence the required EMI testing.

I have a question or two about the Quickline Orions:

1. Is what I see how METRO wants it? There are certain decals that I know METRO will have to install themselves---like the wheelchair decal, for instance. I ask because there's one decal that I see here but not on the ones in the reguler livery (see paper model replica already posted). It's the "Electric Powered" decal.

2. Do you know of the fleet numbers that'll be assigned for the buses? I'm guessing=>3647 - 3656.

Here's how I see the Houston METRO fleet situation:

3601 - 3646=>regular livery.

3647 - 3656=>Quickline livery.

3657 - 3696=>regular livery.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll have to check this weekend on the hybrid decal. I didn't even realize it wasn't on the bus in the photo, however, this bus was not complete 100% when I took the picture. Currently the 10 quickline buses will be shipped to Houston minus the camera systems because the camera system supplier is 6 weeks late with the cables and cameras.

I'll take a look at it over the weekend and check the decal placements. The first bus is now complete and waiting for customer inspection on Monday 12/1. The order of 10 are all scheduled for delivery to Houston before year end, minus the camera systems. They will be installed in Houston. I'll validate the fleet numbers as well

I'll have to check this weekend on the hybrid decal. I didn't even realize it wasn't on the bus in the photo, however, this bus was not complete 100% when I took the picture. Currently the 10 quickline buses will be shipped to Houston minus the camera systems because the camera system supplier is 6 weeks late with the cables and cameras.

I'll take a look at it over the weekend and check the decal placements. The first bus is now complete and waiting for customer inspection on Monday 12/1. The order of 10 are all scheduled for delivery to Houston before year end, minus the camera systems. They will be installed in Houston. I'll validate the fleet numbers as well

Sorry for the late response but thanks for the updates here. Good luck on what you have to do. I wonder why the camera system supplier is late on their end..........:confused:

Anyhoo, I did what I needed to do in terms of a paper model replica version of bus 3647. Thanks.

Archived