Houston METRO Orion VII NG HEV bus

MetroBusFan3575

The Orion VII NG hybrids are FINALLY in service with Houston METRO. I spotted one working the 25 line. It was 3619. Here are the garages that has several of the new ones so far and what they got:

West Garage=>3601-3620.

Hiram Clarke Garage=>3621-3636---including the bus I took pics of=>3626.

For those who seen those two pics (not mine) of what the Quicklike Orions will look like, another garage (Kashmere) will get five out the ten. I don't know who'll get the other five so I have just asked somebody from METRO that very same question. Whoever will get the other five will get 3647-3651.

Haven't ridden one yet IN SERVICE but hope to soon.

Just F.Y.I. for ya!

• 3 months later...

My apologies for the long hiatus but I've been busy with other things. Anyhoo, here's the latest update in regards the Orion VII NG hybrids for Houston METRO.

1. Via e-mail, we're getting more than 96 as I originally stated. I was told from METRO that an option for more Orion VII NG hybrids does exist but it has not been exercised yet---meaning---I'll know soon (but not now) as to how many more we're getting and their assign fleet numbers.

2. Currently, 24 are in with more on the way.

3. Those ten NG hybrids that someone posted some pics of at least one of them? They're NOT going to be silver anymore. They'll be repainted in the regular METRO livery and be used for regular local service.

In other METRO hybrids bus news, delivery is still ongoing in regards to our MCI hybrids. 59 are in with 43 more to go.

That's all from me. If there's anything else that I can tell you, I'll let ya know. See ya!

Archived