Speaking in transit terms!

Paul P

I do have some questions over some times, I hear the T/O or C/R over the PA, or radio, speaking in terms that I don't understand, maybe someone can answer these:

Wrap it up :confused: what does that mean?

and a word that I forget, but when the c/r says over the PA when thay start a route at a terminal: we have a ... then follows the buzzer.

What are yours? :(

I do have some questions over some times, I hear the T/O or C/R over the PA, or radio, speaking in terms that I don't understand, maybe someone can answer these:

Wrap it up :confused: what does that mean?

and a word that I forget, but when the c/r says over the PA when thay start a route at a terminal: we have a ... then follows the buzzer.

What are yours? :(

wrap it up means to put the controller in the fastest operating position...aka "LETS MOVE"

as other mentioned having a lineup just means the switches are properly set and the signal is not at danger so the train can continue along its route.

wrap it up means to put the controller in the fastest operating position...aka "LETS MOVE"

as other mentioned having a lineup just means the switches are properly set and the signal is not at danger so the train can continue along its route.

I guess, Bedford Park Blvd on the (D) SB acts as a terminal. That's when they say "We have a lineup"

I guess, Bedford Park Blvd on the (D) SB acts as a terminal. That's when they say "We have a lineup"

Yes even though Bedford park isn't the last stop it is the terminal. That's where the crews change over and have there facilities.

We have a lineup? Is that what you're looking for?

Means that the C/R is asking the T/O if the tracks are set correctly for them to leave the station.

was wondering what those meant too, and where do u get all this 7line?

Yea, they have the tower and everything. I'm not really sure but, if they have put-ins from Concourse, don't they go straight to Bedford Park?

From concourse yard trains can go either to 205st or to bedford park. But the put ins go into service at bed. park.

was wondering what those meant too, and where do u get all this 7line?

On the <7>line every morning (hence my name)... every single conductor departing Main Street that I've had on my train asks it over the PA instead of the intercom... "You got the lineup partner?" "Not yet!" "You got the lineup partner?" "No, not yet!" "You got the lineup partner?" "Yeah, yeah, we got lineup!" "You got the lineup partner?" *laughing* <-- actual conversation between a C/R and a T/O, over the PA, before my train left one morning

On the <7>line every morning (hence my name)... every single conductor departing Main Street that I've had on my train asks it over the PA instead of the intercom... "You got the lineup partner?" "Not yet!" "You got the lineup partner?" "No, not yet!" "You got the lineup partner?" "Yeah, yeah, we got lineup!" "You got the lineup partner?" *laughing* <-- actual conversation between a C/R and a T/O, over the PA, before my train left one morning

nonono, i mean how do u know what do they mean, do u ask em, or is there a MTA personnel in the fam

nonono, i mean how do u know what do they mean, do u ask em, or is there a MTA personnel in the fam

Alot of the terms are simple to figure out if you have common sense.

You might hear something like "im running lite to 125" meaning the train is not in service untill 125th Street. There are a few 5 trains that start at 125th during the pm rush.

Archived